New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

Yep, everyone seems to think the show fits perfectly in AK and it's good but most don't think it is illuminations type caliber.

The only way people would think its illuminations calibre would be because it had lots of pyro. Illuminations would be nothing without the pyro. This show is different and special, and I love it. :)

Which is why I associate the show more with Tapestry of Nations then Illuminations.

NearTheEars

We just came from the show. It's was ok. Seemed to be a lot of hype and no big pay off. It barely ran 15 mins and was very repetitious. We were told to enter at 6:30p for a 7:15p show. Which we did. It was a lot of work and effort that didn't seem worth it. It was nice to see and glad we did. I wouldnt go back to see to again.

For what it's worth, according to the WDWMagic news story, it's one of the longer nighttime shows.

Touchdown

It was a very beautiful show that fits the park very well. However, it lacks a proper finale. I was very much expecting "a melt your face off" fire jet like WOC: Celebrate had during the Star Wars section. I didn't feel the heat during the fire section.

Will I make sure to see it every trip? Yes, but only one night.

I also saw the awakening for the first time, that was very cool. I caught the one that did a section from every land, including Pandora. AK is really beautiful at night and I'm glad I have a reason to visit it at night.

dreamscometrue

VIDEO - Rivers of Light at Disney's Animal Kingdom

A few scenes only unfortunately, due to YouTube Copyright issues.

Thanks for this video. I watched five sections of 30 seconds each because I am trying to balance my desire to check it out after all these months, with my enjoyment of seeing shows and attractions live the first time. (I will be there in just over 3 weeks.) From what I saw in the video, this is a beautiful nighttime show that fits perfectly in DAK. As a 'disclaimer' though, I very much enjoy the 'middle bit' of Illuminations, and I've been in love with DAK since I first set foot in the park soon after it opened. I've always been able to spend a day there, checking out everything and slowing down to try to take in all the details. I'm one of the people you'll see just staring at the Tree of Life for extended periods of time (during the day and during the 'Awakenings'). I've enjoyed all the evening additions (Victor Espinola blew me away) I'm looking forward to being able to visit the park late into the evening. More to do at DAK, and being able to see the lighting and enjoy the attractions at night, adds greatly to my enjoyment of what I believe is the best themed park in the U.S.

donsullivan

Premium Member
when were they giving out wristbands (and where) yesterday? I'd love to see it from "water" without having to get a dining package!
As I understand it, they did it at the Passholders entrance lane to the park since only passholders, DVC and FastPass were eligible last night. From the reports I saw yesterday, they just gave them out until they ran out, so folks who arrived later in the day did not receive one.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As I understand it, they did it at the Passholders entrance lane to the park since only passholders, DVC and FastPass were eligible last night. From the reports I saw yesterday, they just gave them out until they ran out, so folks who arrived later in the day did not receive one.
Yes that's right.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for this video. I watched five sections of 30 seconds each because I am trying to balance my desire to check it out after all these months, with my enjoyment of seeing shows and attractions live the first time. (I will be there in just over 3 weeks.) From what I saw in the video, this is a beautiful nighttime show that fits perfectly in DAK. As a 'disclaimer' though, I very much enjoy the 'middle bit' of Illuminations, and I've been in love with DAK since I first set foot in the park soon after it opened. I've always been able to spend a day there, checking out everything and slowing down to try to take in all the details. I'm one of the people you'll see just staring at the Tree of Life for extended periods of time (during the day and during the 'Awakenings'). I've enjoyed all the evening additions (Victor Espinola blew me away) I'm looking forward to being able to visit the park late into the evening. More to do at DAK, and being able to see the lighting and enjoy the attractions at night, adds greatly to my enjoyment of what I believe is the best themed park in the U.S.
From how you describe yourself, the show is a perfect fit for you. You'll really enjoy it I'm sure.

FutureCEO

I watched the video...not all of it but to me it lacked feeling; the emotional substance of a show. As someone who loves the environment, it didn't help the cause. It was beautiful but it lacked that wowed feeling.

Cmdr_Crimson

Interesting and seemingly in agreement social media postings today. Consensus is that it's nice and pretty and worth doing once.... but that's all.

Slightly worrying.
I watched the video...not all of it but to me it lacked feeling; the emotional substance of a show. As someone who loves the environment, it didn't help the cause. It was beautiful but it lacked that wowed feeling.

My guess is because it might spook the animals? I could be way off at that. But it's like having a loud party in the basement and your parents are telling you to quiet down...

Just out of curiosity does Expedition Everest run while the show is going on on? I wonder how the wait times are during the Time the show is running.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom