New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

RSoxNo1

There's certainly some very strong comparisons to be made with both WoC and DisneySea Symphony / Fant TDS. Minimal pyrotechnics, big use of the surface the show is presented on and in the WoC case low running costs.

One could also draw from DLPs Disney Dreams! - disappointing for those expecting a fireworks extravaganza, but a fitting multimedia show to end the day in the environment it was designed for. One stumbling block however could be that unlike Tokyo or Paris there are far bigger, louder and more explosive shows in the near vicinity which will always draw comparison.

The show will do its job and could continue to be plussed, and Joe Blogs will still try and get a fast pass for it, but after all it's been through over the last 4 years (!) will it have as much repeat viewing appeal as the others? Only time will tell.
Perhaps it's my simple minded tie to the source material, but I loved the new Star Wars fireworks at DHS and that came together a lot quicker than this show did.

WDWBryan

what happened to the part with the meerkats popping up from the flowers that was in the media preview.

Why was that cut?

watching the video definitely can tell there were parts cut out, not really fluid

Cody5242

what happened to the part with the meerkats popping up from the flowers that was in the media preview.

Why was that cut?

watching the video definitely can tell there were parts cut out, not really fluid
I know that part was very cool and would've brought more fun energy to the show

FigmentJedi

Why was that cut?

Most of the cuts were in the portion of the show before the water screens really kick in and they're introducing the Animal Spirit floats. I don't think they touched any of the music after that.

It might have just been something they were toying around with when putting clips together for the Savanna sequence. Though it's kinda hard to say in that the Mommy Blogger preview videos we got didn't really get a full panoramic picture of the Savanna sequence compositions before/after the big cat chase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom