New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

rushtest4echo

Looks like park hours are extended only to 9:30 PM, but the late show start time is 9:45 PM?

This is common throughout the resort. Wishes occasionally shows at or right after park closing. MSEP used to as well. Fantasmic often has a 10 or 10:30 show with the park actually closing 30 minutes earlier.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Screenshot_2017-02-09-09-38-48-1.png
Welp I'm all set :) :)

Mark P.

Welp I'm all set :) :)
Just got mine as well - late showing in April after subbing out our earlier Nemo FP+. Panicked a bit this morning when I saw the times were released but FP+ were showing as already "gone", so I was relieved to see that they just hadn't opened booking yet. Otherwise, we would have ended up booking a dining package, but I'm perfectly content at Nomad Lounge instead. :)

FigmentJedi

During the temporary Jungle Book show they had an area maybe 4 or 5 people deep available for Standing room only viewing on the bridge and aggressively enforced the 'inside the tape line' rule. So you can use that location but if you feel like you'll show up at the last minute I think you can be absolutely sure that area will be full. Assuming they handle FP like they did the Jungle Book show, one whole side of stands will be standby so you might have a better shot of getting in there at the last minute vs the bridge.
The Dinoland side specifically is the standby amphitheater I believe and is Team Water's side.

JohnD

Okay if you don't like the show then why keep complaining. You made your point, you don't like it. And seriously coming after how I read? That's actually pretty low. You were mainly complaining about that so excuse me for making a comment about that. But it's like Steve said. It's safety reasons and just accept the fact and move on that you will not see the show and that no one is forcing you to see it. There is no sense in complaining about a show you're not gonna want to see if it's a total snooze for you.

I wonder if he complains about the techs with headsets who help put mats away in FOTLK. Except for him, no one cares.

flyerjab

We just booked our for March 16th with a dining package for Tusker House. Cannot wait for this!

Does anyone know if dining packages are seated on one particular side of the theater? I notice that the FPs for this indicate which side you are sitting on. We don't see that on our reservation for the dining package.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Just got mine as well - late showing in April after subbing out our earlier Nemo FP+. Panicked a bit this morning when I saw the times were released but FP+ were showing as already "gone", so I was relieved to see that they just hadn't opened booking yet. Otherwise, we would have ended up booking a dining package, but I'm perfectly content at Nomad Lounge instead. :)
Haha same here. I thought I was already too late. Should be fun :)

flyerjab

Personally, we wanted to go to Tiffins anyway. Never been and heard great things. We will actually save money on this and get a guaranteed seat. I agree the Tusker House price is outlandish. But all character buffet prices at WDW are absurd.

You will love Tiffins my friend. It is our favorite restaurant on property at the moment (will have to see though as we also booked reservations for Paddlefish on our March trip). Pricey? Yes, but we find the service, theming and decor to be the best (especially considering that you are in a theme park). And the food is excellent. Every dish we have had we loved - even our kids love it. Also make certain to hang out in the Nomad Lounge, another can't miss for us.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Bummer, our trip is July 29-Aug 6... we have most of our dinner reservations set up but can't book this one yet because they don't have the dinner packages out that far... hope that changes soon...

Kman101

You will love Tiffins my friend. It is our favorite restaurant on property at the moment (will have to see though as we also booked reservations for Paddlefish on our March trip). Pricey? Yes, but we find the service, theming and decor to be the best (especially considering that you are in a theme park). And the food is excellent. Every dish we have had we loved - even our kids love it. Also make certain to hang out in the Nomad Lounge, another can't miss for us.

I keep hearing very good things about Tiffins, especially the service.

ToTBellHop

We just booked our for March 16th with a dining package for Tusker House. Cannot wait for this!

Does anyone know if dining packages are seated on one particular side of the theater? I notice that the FPs for this indicate which side you are sitting on. We don't see that on our reservation for the dining package.
Know Before You Go
Learn important information about premium seating.

• Admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom park is required and is not included in the price of the dining package.
  • You receive your voucher for Rivers of Light package seating at the time of your meal.
  • Plan to arrive for Rivers of Light seating 15 to 35 minutes prior to show time. Please use the theater entrance located closest to DinoLand U.S.A.
  • Your seats are not assigned. Rather, you choose your seats within the reserved section on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Rivers of Light runs on select nights for approximately 15 minutes. Please be aware that there may be multiple shows on the same day. Your dining reservation will indicate which show you are booked for.
  • Up-to-date showtimes for Rivers of Light may be found on the online calendar, the My Disney Experience app or the Times Guide at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
  • The Rivers of Light Show is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Dining packages will not be refunded due to show cancellation or modification.

flyerjab

I keep hearing very good things about Tiffins, especially the service.

I hate gushing on and on about it but I feel like I have to defend something on the boards when I find it is worth it. And I know, some people will refuse to pay those prices for a theme park restaurant, and that is fine. I accept others opinions as everyone has their own position on prices and how much something should be worth.

I am telling you though, it is an exceptional dining experience. You can learn so much about the park and how it was made by perusing everything that is on display in the lobby and the different rooms. It is almost like Joe Rohde's own little 'One Man's Dream' but about him and DAK. But the food is exquisitely prepared and I really feel that they went above and beyond in their search for getting the best servers. And either get there early or late to enjoy the Nomad Lounge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom