New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

mikeh

Personally, we wanted to go to Tiffins anyway. Never been and heard great things. We will actually save money on this and get a guaranteed seat. I agree the Tusker House price is outlandish. But all character buffet prices at WDW are absurd.

We've been to Tiffins multiple times and gladly paid the dining package price

Monorail_Red_77

I always thought this was a ridiculous way to grab more money. Basically charge more money for food and give those people a section to sit in because they fell for it. People are buying a seat (and paying extra) to watch a show they've already paid park admission for.

What's to keep them from doing this for other things down the road...pay more for abc and get a fastpass for xyz - it's the new typical disney pay more to play the same as before

LOL yes I know. How else are they going to get record profits with a drop in attendance. But hey, isn't the drop in attendance what they wanted anyway with the tiered ticket pricing. You know, spread everyone out throughout the year. Don't complain when you get your desired results. Oh, wait, yes you can. Cupcakes anyone.......

jrhwdw

Would be nice to a Parks Blog Confirm on this??? Forgive me for being skeptical, I just would like to see a confirm or we'll wonder if TDO will change the dates on us!

As for the schedule, I'm not bothered by 1 show not every night but several nights a week. If AK can use those down nights to get ROL more reliable......Maybe pluss it along the way.....lanterns by Pandora??? That can only help ROL.

Plus it;s looks like they the right schedule for Easter time.

Jon81uk

Big difference to a family with children. 'Comparable' doesn't make it 'Affordable'.

I know, but WDW is expensive, I was just pointing out that these packages are just as expensive as other similar expensive dining options at WDW. I would say 80% of three course meals at WDW are not "affordable" but by ordering one course only and picking restaurants carefully you can save. But if you want three courses or a character buffet anyway then the dining packages make sense as you get a seat reservation too.

FutureCEO

I always thought this was a ridiculous way to grab more money. Basically charge more money for food and give those people a section to sit in because they fell for it. People are buying a seat (and paying extra) to watch a show they've already paid park admission for.

What's to keep them from doing this for other things down the road...pay more for abc and get a fastpass for xyz - it's the new typical disney pay more to play the same as before

it's called capitalism for the stupid customer

TiggerDad

As for the schedule, I'm not bothered by 1 show not every night but several nights a week. If AK can use those down nights to get ROL more reliable......Maybe pluss it along the way.....lanterns by Pandora??? That can only help ROL.
I'm bothered by the every other night schedule, because you have to make your schedule 60-180 days in advance and pick which day to be in which park (unless you pay extra for hoppers). Some people picked Monday, Wednesday, or Friday for AK and they are out of luck.

tmstephe

Sorry if this is a stupid question...
Can anyone explain how it works to book breakfast at Tusker House, but you "must dine 2 hours before the show"?

Jon81uk

Sorry if this is a stupid question...
Can anyone explain how it works to book breakfast at Tusker House, but you "must dine 2 hours before the show"?

I read it as a minumum of two and a half hours before the show for Tusker and Three hours before for Tiffins. Its to make sure there is enough time to be seated, eat three courses and get to your seat on time. If you are eating breakfast as your package meal then there is nothing to worry about.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Nobody knows ;)

The bridge between Asia and Dinoland should be decent if they aren't keeping it completely clear to walk. JB:AWM was viewable from there

During the temporary Jungle Book show they had an area maybe 4 or 5 people deep available for Standing room only viewing on the bridge and aggressively enforced the 'inside the tape line' rule. So you can use that location but if you feel like you'll show up at the last minute I think you can be absolutely sure that area will be full. Assuming they handle FP like they did the Jungle Book show, one whole side of stands will be standby so you might have a better shot of getting in there at the last minute vs the bridge.

tmstephe

I read it as a minumum of two and a half hours before the show for Tusker and Three hours before for Tiffins. Its to make sure there is enough time to be seated, eat three courses and get to your seat on time. If you are eating breakfast as your package meal then there is nothing to worry about.

Ah! That makes perfect sense. I was thinking that dining had to occur within that 2 (or 3) hour window, not that it had to be prior to that window. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom