New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cody5242

The bartenders at Yak and Yeti think the park will have midnight hours over the summer when Avatar open. I'm still think they will stick with 11 or 11:30

Magic Feather

The bartenders at Yak and Yeti think the park will have midnight hours over the summer when Avatar open. I'm still think they will stick with 11 or 11:30
That sounds right to me. It is set to be open the second longest, and the longest on some nights. This is really the only park where they can actively market "Nightime" and boy, are they going to use it. 11 PM will be the slow summer season, and 12 and even 1 on peak days will be used on the highest days. Remember that JB could only get in 2 shows during peak, because of the 11:00 close, and RoL will (if all goes as planned) have three.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It has not been unknown for WDW to radically alter closing times for a month with just two weeks' notice. Remember in the fall when everyone was saying there wouldn't be any evening hours at all for AK because of the published closing times?

Jeremy Geertsema

That's not a quiet introduction
Just seems so weird for such an awaited project, to not even make any mention of it. Animal Kingdom at nighttime is usually pretty empty, if they don't publicize the show, numbers could be low. Over time, numbers would increase, but at first if there's no announcement of the show, who's gonna know other than people in the park?

Last edited:

Rteetz

Just seems so weird for such an awaited project, to not even make any mention of it. Animal Kingdom at nighttime is usually pretty empty, if they don't publicize the show, numbers could be low. Over time, numbers would increase, but at first if there's no announcement of the show, who's gonna know other than people in the park?
Weird? Everything about this project is not normal. They just want it to open and work at this point.

dclfan

Back to playing the Rivers of light game. I am going to be in saint pete the week of february 13th with a rental car. Im all set to buy a one day animal kingdom pass if this thing actually opens that week. Please oh please Disney gods let me see this show.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

78924051-2826-4238-B4C4-0CF9E0626DD4_zpsximuc41m.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom