New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jrhwdw

So, might we see a Calendar update online this weekend for AK? Or is this going to be hush hush to start with: Not online or in Times Guides, just on AK's Tip Board or right outside the theater?

ToTBellHop

Just till 8PM. Are we starting with just 1 ROL?, not going right to 2 or 3?
No reason they couldn't do 7 and 8:30 with those hours. DHS does it.

"Prior to arrival, check the My Disney Experience mobile app or view our park schedule for showtimes. This show runs approximately 15 minutes and can be viewed up to 3 times nightly—pick up the Times Guide in the park for the most up-to-date schedule. Since this is an outdoor show, it is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather. Performance times are subject to change."

rushtest4echo

I'm still wondering why Disney needs 1:15 or 1:30 between shows. 15 minutes of load time + 20 minute show + 15 minutes of exit leaves 10 minutes to clean up and start the cycle all over and you can show it once an hour. Maybe it's more to do with staffing/break periods? It's really not a big enough theater to need all of that time in between. Anyone who saw Jungle Book knows it takes about 10 minutes to fill the entire seating area and about 10 to clear it all out after the show. If Disneyland can do the whole Fantasmic mess in 1:30 around Rivers of America than I'm confident that they can do this in half that time. Honestly, there are two theaters with two separate holding areas and two entrances a piece. If they can get 150 people a minute through each of the four entries (which is easy) and keeping in mind that handicaps have their own gate/seating area- that's 600 people a minute. Easily enough throughput to fill the theater in under 10 minutes with another 7-8 minutes to get everyone settled.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
The hours were indeed extended until 8 PM from 2/12-3/5. Then according to the HUB it goes back to 7PM. Obviously this is always subject to change. Draw your own conclusions

jrhwdw

The hours were indeed extended until 8 PM from 2/12-3/5. Then according to the HUB it goes back to 7PM. Obviously this is always subject to change. Draw your own conclusions
Too far out to extend hours? AK will really need to have hours work when daylight savings time starts in March . Wasn't it planned to have AK open till 11 or 12 at night when ROL was opening last April?

Next Big Thing

I'm still wondering why Disney needs 1:15 or 1:30 between shows. 15 minutes of load time + 20 minute show + 15 minutes of exit leaves 10 minutes to clean up and start the cycle all over and you can show it once an hour. Maybe it's more to do with staffing/break periods? It's really not a big enough theater to need all of that time in between. Anyone who saw Jungle Book knows it takes about 10 minutes to fill the entire seating area and about 10 to clear it all out after the show. If Disneyland can do the whole Fantasmic mess in 1:30 around Rivers of America than I'm confident that they can do this in half that time. Honestly, there are two theaters with two separate holding areas and two entrances a piece. If they can get 150 people a minute through each of the four entries (which is easy) and keeping in mind that handicaps have their own gate/seating area- that's 600 people a minute. Easily enough throughput to fill the theater in under 10 minutes with another 7-8 minutes to get everyone settled.
They have to reset the show and the actors need a break too... they aren't Animatronics.

Also, Disney wants to sell you stuff while you're waiting for the show to start.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Too far out to extend hours? AK will really need to have hours work when daylight savings time starts in March . Wasn't it planned to have AK open till 11 or 12 at night when ROL was opening last April?
I would say more than likely until 11 which would make sense. Like I said, as far out as I can see on the HUB, for the moment, the park is open until 7 from March and on. Of course that doesn't mean much since operating times can easily be changed.

MatthewWho13

MDE has the hours closing at 8pm from the 12th on through the end of February into March 4th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom