New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

JAMMYD778

That soundtrack is beautiful! I can't see it changing much aside from maybe the addition of narration to help guide the audience through the show.

Speaking of which, what are the latest rumblings from any people 'in the know' on here? First trip ever planned for late March/early April and my optimism is dwindling.

KCL

That soundtrack is beautiful! I can't see it changing much aside from maybe the addition of narration to help guide the audience through the show.

Speaking of which, what are the latest rumblings from any people 'in the know' on here? First trip ever planned for late March/early April and my optimism is dwindling.

I'm hearing that at this point they'll wait until Earth Day and pretend like 2016 didn't even happen.

Jeremy Geertsema

Omg. That was heaven. This show needs to happen! I don't care what people say and think, I could just sit in that theatre and listen to that music. I don't know what happens visually in the show, but you can definitely feel an ending in the music. SO GOOD! Half of the last song I swear is straight out of Brother Bear. AHHH!

Last edited:

brb1006

Omg. That was heaven. This show needs to happen! I don't care what people say and think, I could just sit in that theatre and listen to that music. I don't know what happens visually in the show, but you can definitely feel an ending in the music. SO GOOD! Half of the last song I swear is straight out of Brother Bear. AHHH!
But without Phil Collins

180º

I've transcribed, to the best of my ability, the narration and lyrics as heard on that soundtrack. For the "inaudible" lyric I can't decide whether it's "clear and bright," "if we try," or something else.

Possible ***Spoiler Alert***

Rivers of Light

Of all the gleaming planets in our vast universe, it is only here on Earth that water and light harmoniously unite to create the wonder of life. We most graciously welcome you to a timeless celebration of water and light with roots as far-reaching as time itself. Here, where the forces of nature meet in harmony, the spirits of the animals are freed to dance together in the night sky, creating Rivers of Light. We are united in this special place to celebrate the magnificence and wonder of all living creatures, for in life, we are all one.

It’s our right, it’s our call
Every creature, great and small
We stand alone, we stand close forever
Raise your hands to the sky
On this journey, you and I
will grow stronger than we know
if we stand together

Feel the rain
Face the wind
We touch the earth
and take it in
Touch the sea, feel the light
Live the fullness of this life
Sand and stone, flesh and bone,
We are one
We are one (with the oceans)
*inaudible* (through the sunlight)
Everyone (Pure as water)
Flowing in the wilderness
We are one (in elation)
*inaudible* (in celebration)
Touch the earth, feel the sun
We are one
We are one

We are one (with the oceans)
*inaudible* (through the sunlight)
Everyone (Pure as water)
Flowing in the wilderness
We are one (in elation)
*inaudible* (in celebration)
We are one
Raise your heart to the sun
We are one

It’s our right
It’s our choice
We are masters of our voice
We are stronger than we know
Together
Life is all, life is real
Life is everything we feel
We are one
We are one

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, assuming Gifts of Light is part of the show (and not part of a pre-show score) and Afterglow is song that plays after the show (as people are leaving), that adds up to a run time of 18 mins 7 seconds (which I believe is a fair amount longer than both the Wishes and Illuminations main soundtracks):

Gifts of Light: 2:06
Parade of the Animal Spirits: 5:36
Dance of the Lotus: 2:09
We are One: 4:31
Rivers of Light: 3:45

Afterglow: 3:13

mikeh

So, assuming Gifts of Light is part of the show (and not part of a pre-show score) and Afterglow is song that plays after the show (as people are leaving), that adds up to a run time of 18 mins 7 seconds (which I believe is a fair amount longer than both the Wishes and Illuminations main soundtracks):

Gifts of Light: 2:06
Parade of the Animal Spirits: 5:36
Dance of the Lotus: 2:09
We are One: 4:31
Rivers of Light: 3:45

Afterglow: 3:13

Gifts of Light is part of the show.

It's when the Shaman bring the lanterns to their boats from within the stands on either side of the amphitheater

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Of the all the gleaming planets in our vast universe
it's only here on earth that water and light harmoniously unite
to create the wonder of life"

Is this why earth keeps getting invaded?

(The soundtrack is very good indeed, despite the terracentrism. :D )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom