New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

No Name

Great news. They almost seem like they were trying to throw us off with the lack of preview/mention at D23 and rolling back the nighttime entertainment times on the calendar. And in that, they succeeded, and now we are all extra surprised and happy. I'm certainly excited!

Hope that all goes well wth the previews and that this does indeed premiere soon.

Rodan75

"Joy" is a reach. I do find it ironic though that WDW1974 is being defended in a such a way when they frequently come across as smug and condescending to others who disagree.

At any rate, WDW1974's credibility will speak for itself, but these past few days,have not been kind to their record.

I'm not defending him or his posting style. He needs no one to defend him. I have disagreed plenty on these boards about how he posts and his sometimes obsessive need to be offensive. These boards survive on folks like him and @marni1971 and a few others posting rumors and tips they receive, that information will stop if folks make a sport of taking down the conveyors of those rumors.

andre85

I'm not defending him or his posting style. He needs no one to defend him. I have disagreed plenty on these boards about how he posts and his sometimes obsessive need to be offensive. These boards survive on folks like him and @marni1971 and a few others posting rumors and tips they receive, that information will stop if folks make a sport of taking down the conveyors of those rumors.

Being a purveyor of rumors shouldn't give him a free pass to behave as he likes, and and now that he's struck out what, 2 or 3 times in a row in as many days, it's really making his misplaced arrogance stand out and become all the more tiresome.

He can peddle all the rumors he wants; I just prefer he did so in a less condescending matter (especially when those rumors end up being completely wrong)

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Being a purveyor of rumors shouldn't give him a free pass to behave as he likes, and and now that he's struck out what, 2 or 3 times in a row in as many days, it's really making his misplaced arrogance stand out and become all the more tiresome.

He can peddle all the rumors he wants; I just prefer he did so in a less condescending matter (especially when those rumors end up being completely wrong)

What WE don't know is if we are getting the FULL version of RoL, @WDW1974 based on his track record may be entirely correct that the FULL version will not premier until AFTER Pandora, Remember there WAS a 'short' RoL show which did not include all the show elements. Or TDO Management may be pulling a 'Challenger Moment' and try to launch the show even though the positioning systems are not working correctly as desperation drives a LOT of poor decisions. With the TDO management playing the role of the NASA managers saying the 'engineers don't know what they are talking about I'M A MANAGER...'

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Or TDO Management may be pulling a 'Challenger Moment' and try to launch the show even though the positioning systems are not working correctly as desperation drives a LOT of poor decisions.

Rumor I'm hearing is that they will have cast members hiding in the bushes with REALLY long poles to push the boats into place should there be a positioning error... ;)

jt04

If I was @WDW1974 source(s), I would be a bit concerned that I was being kept out of the loop.

Seriously though, taking any joy in the spirit getting incorrect/ misleading information, is completely senseless. Folks who pass information along to Spirit or to @marni1971 or any of the insiders are just pieces to an overall puzzle. Even when a tidbit is multi-sourced, you can never take it as 100% until it plays out. There is no schadenfreude here.

Ummm. Yoo Hoo. :cat:

"Joy" is a reach. I do find it ironic though that WDW1974 is being defended in a such a way when they frequently come across as smug and condescending to others who disagree.

At any rate, WDW1974's credibility will speak for itself, but these past few days,have not been kind to their record.

Inevitably he or his defenders will tell us he engaged in disinformation for the good of the masses. Watch for it. :rolleyes:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How do we know that THIS show will be called RoL, The answer is a show is coming will it be RoL? no one knows except TDO management at the moment.
Per several posts, it's on the hub now so that confirms the name and that the CM previews are planned to start next week.

Edit: remember in April there were supposedly CM previews listed on the HUB but they were removed when the show got pushed back so until they actually run the previews nothing is certain.

flyerjab

@flyerjab - Should I go for it on December 4th (Sunday night) regardless of an official announcement?? I'm excited about all of the craziness of this thread and today's update from @wdwmagic. Which I appreciate very much because it comes from a reliable source.

I would. I don't see what you possibly have to lose. You could be one of the first people to see a soft opening of RoL!

Slowjack

Truly I can't think of a single instance that Steve has been wrong. The New York Times should hire him.
Oh, for Pete's sake. Anyone can be wrong, because things change. Here's what Steve reported on March 2: "Disney has today announced that Rivers of Light will open April 22 2016 at Disney's Animal Kingdom." That's not wrong in the sense that Disney did indeed announce that, but it's wrong in that RoL did not open then. @WDW1974 said he heard that RoL may be DOA. That's not wrong if he heard that, but it's wrong in that RoL is apparently not DOA. Every source of information we have, including Disney itself, has been wrong at some point. The difference is that when you like someone, you call him mistaken, but when you dislike someone, you call him a liar.

twebber55

Oh, for Pete's sake. Anyone can be wrong, because things change. Here's what Steve reported on March 2: "Disney has today announced that Rivers of Light will open April 22 2016 at Disney's Animal Kingdom." That's not wrong in the sense that Disney did indeed announce that, but it's wrong in that RoL did not open then. @WDW1974 said he heard that RoL may be DOA. That's not wrong if he heard that, but it's wrong in that RoL is apparently not DOA. Every source of information we have, including Disney itself, has been wrong at some point. The difference is that when you like someone, you call him mistaken, but when you dislike someone, you call him a liar.
no thats disney being wrong not Steve

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom