New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

And another miss from WDW1974. Literally less than 24 hours after the claim it may not beat Avatar.

Impressive turnaround
Pretty sure he was meaning "DOA" in the way it was originally planned.
If they are rushing to open at all costs, then it means they MUST have changed things to MAKE IT WORK. Thus not the original ROL.

Cesar R M

what.. the.. hell.. did I see?
koala_wtf.jpg

that was... horrible

andre85

Pretty sure he was meaning "DOA" in the way it was originally planned.
If they are rushing to open at all costs, then it means they MUST have changed things to MAKE IT WORK. Thus not the original ROL.

I quoted him in the post you responded to--this had nothing to do with "DOA;" he said it may not open until after Avatar. Quote below since you missed it the first time:

Rivers of Light??!?

How about Rivers of Might (Not Open Before Pandora)?

Daveeeeed

If my memory serves, it actually looks much better in that video than it does in person. The penguin exhibit after you get off the ride is by far the best part of the ride.
I know high ups at SeaWorld and they've even said to me they felt like they could have done much better. I rode it in January and definitely the penguin exhibit is epic, it's massive. The cold didn't even bother me as it was just stunning, but the ride felt like a preshow to the exhibit. Easily could have been one of the best rides in Orlando, but they just threw it away.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

I know high ups at SeaWorld and they've even said to me they felt like they could have done much better. I rode it in January and definitely the penguin exhibit is epic, it's massive. The cold didn't even bother me as it was just stunning, but the ride felt like a preshow to the exhibit. Easily could have been one of the best rides in Orlando, but they just threw it away.
I'd also say the payoff of ending the ride on that view of the exhibit isn't that good either. Like if it was an underwater view where you'd be able to see the Penguins swim by you, that Oscar Bait song would feel justified. It just feels really stupid when you're just gawking at Penguins standing around.

brb1006

I'd also say the payoff of ending the ride on that view of the exhibit isn't that good either. Like if it was an underwater view where you'd be able to see the Penguins swim by you, that Oscar Bait song would feel justified. It just feels really stupid when you're just gawking at Penguins standing around.
I seen a few videos of the ride and I thought some of the Penguins were statues at first until some started moving. If the ending with the penguins underwater was used then it would have at least made more sense.

Bolt

I'm in the camp of some executive going, I don't care how much it costs, put something out there.

We may never get the original version of ROL. As long as there is something though, that's what counts at this point. I'll believe it's happening when it actually plays in front of a real audience.
If that was the case, they would have pushed it out this summer instead of paying for a show with nearly a 100 cast in it.

I doubt Disney says 'I don't care how much it costs' these days...

No Name

what.. the.. hell.. did I see?
View attachment 176272

that was... horrible

See, what you are forgetting is that a ride is more than what you see, it's what you feel. And when I rode Antartica: Emperor of the Penguin, I felt COLD AIR! I was there one of those hot and sticky days where you feel like you're melting by noon, and oh, it was so nice to feel the rush of cold air as I walked into the queue.

I have many thoughts on the ride itself, probably better left for another place and another time. While the ride itself feels choppy and disconnected, the vehicles are awesome. First trackless ride I had been on, and I was captivated. Oh, and the swaying motion helps you soak in that COLD AIR!

The penguins are neat to watch too. At certain times, they'll all jump into the water and bound through it in a way that's indescribable but amazing. This is the coldest room, so I spent a lot of time here. The low temperature throughout the whole attraction is thanks to the penguins, of course. I'm usually very vocal against animals in captivity, but I had to make an exception here.

So the real attraction is the cold air, the neat vehicles, and the penguins. But mostly the cold air. And I'm sorry that this has nothing to do with Rivers of Light.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom