New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

150DF614-7070-4672-BAE0-A0DA8653839E_zpsrspsiuxi.png

Dunno when this from :)

FigmentForver96

Be enchanted by a brilliant show of glowing lanterns, magical fireflies, dancing fountains and animal spirits.

As sunlight fades and the stars begin their twinkle, remember the instinctual feeling that we are all bound together by earth and spirit—past, present and future. Listen as the lagoon responds to the whispers of the world, cradling creatures with a symphony that swells with wild murmurs and shimmering secrets of the universe.

So begins a new light—a vibrant awakening of flitting fireflies leading a legion of lanterns cascading in a ceremonious procession across the water. With a single chime, there falls a hush—and in its place steps storytellers bearing benevolent gifts of light. These intriguing figures promise to paint the night with visual wonders, enticing you to join them on a marvelous journey.

Before your eyes, clusters of lantern light shift and shape into animal spirit forms—the Tiger, Turtle, Elephant and Owl. The storytellers call upon the Temple Lotus who materializes along with her 4 sisters, each bursting forth with dazzling fountains of water and light. These mystic hosts work in harmony to captivate your senses, conjuring stunning imagery of animals from across the world in a musical performance that can only be described as dreamlike. Spellbound, you are transported across Asian jungles and tropical oceans to African savannahs and North American mountains.

Your journey culminates in a triumphant blend of music, light, color and earthly elements. The Aurora Borealis, in its magical splendor, springs with unbridled joy as a menagerie of animals transcend above the cosmos, becoming glittering star constellations in the heavens. Immersed within a grand celestial finale, you are bestowed with an inspirational message of peace and oneness with nature.

This alone makes me cry. If anyone has hyped up this show, it's me. The world is an ugly place, and if I can distract myself (and others) by stalking a Disney night time entertainment offering.. so be it! :)
At this point I just want you to film your reaction the night it opens. I'm more excited for you

Cesar R M

I'm pretty much at the point with RoL that it opens when it opens. Trying to predict exactly what is going on with this show seems futile, since it has had so many delays and changes.

I understand they are in serious full rehearsals and its very close to opening. But when exactly, I don't know.
wdwmagic: as there been any rumors regarding cutdowns or big changes in the show segments and floats? or the only changes were the addition of IPs to the video projections?

I wonder if @marni1971 heard more.

Cesar R M

Climate Change
What about aliens?

No, I wasn't making nasty comments about you. But you have to admit your obsession on this project is sky high. That's why I said that. I do hope you're satisfied with the final product.
No offense, but technically this site, specially the rumors areas/threads.. are very "obsessive" themselves. I mean, everyone is digging for information, using hidden contacts, taking photos over the walls. Thats pretty "obsessive" compared to your average parkgoer.

I envision it'll be something akin to Kristen Bell meeting a sloth for the first time...

-Rob

Giving me flashbacks of the sloth scenes of zootopia (after the "joke" of nick wilde)

CaptainAmerica

I'm pretty much at the point with RoL that it opens when it opens. Trying to predict exactly what is going on with this show seems futile, since it has had so many delays and changes.

I understand they are in serious full rehearsals and its very close to opening. But when exactly, I don't know.
Is your understanding that the actual problems with the show are behind them and that everything either works as intended or has been modified to work in some other way? If they're in full rehearsals and whatnot it would seem that the show is ready from a purely technical perspective.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is your understanding that the actual problems with the show are behind them and that everything either works as intended or has been modified to work in some other way? If they're in full rehearsals and whatnot it would seem that the show is ready from a purely technical perspective.
I've been told it's in full rehearsals, but there are still some issues. Nothing like there was before, but there have been show stops etc. Although this is of course normal during pre-opening.

prfctlyximprct

I saw that lol. Well i dont care who is right as long as it's open between November 8-18th lol. Ty for all your detective work
I am trying! As my countdown is almost to single digits, I am really starting to give up hope. :( It seems second nature to obsessively type #riversoflight on all social media, don't know how I'll survive after it's premiere! Lol

WildcatDen

I am trying! As my countdown is almost to single digits, I am really starting to give up hope. :( It seems second nature to obsessively type #riversoflight on all social media, don't know how I'll survive after it's premiere! Lol
Do not give up all hope. Single digits, eh. Towards the end of your trip, it may be wise to spend some evenings in the AK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom