New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

21stamps

Please save me from reading all of these pages!

What's the latest scoop? Still rumors, or do "we" now anything substantial at this point?

CaptainAmerica

Please save me from reading all of these pages!

What's the latest scoop? Still rumors, or do "we" now anything substantial at this point?
+1. Going in January and my Fastpass date is quickly approaching. DAK shows 7pm closing the week we'll be there, so I'm assuming RoL nightly at 7:00?

Nothing officially announced.

Expected to open within the next month.
Has anyone been able to book Fastpasses for November / December?

21stamps

Nothing officially announced.

Expected to open within the next month.
Thanks! I'll remain cautiously optimistic!
+1. Going in January and my Fastpass date is quickly approaching. DAK shows 7pm closing the week we'll be there, so I'm assuming RoL nightly at 7:00?

Has anyone been able to book Fastpasses for November / December?
No. Fast passes are not available for end of November/beginning December.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What about all these soft opening rumors as early as next Monday? Even possible?
I'm pretty much at the point with RoL that it opens when it opens. Trying to predict exactly what is going on with this show seems futile, since it has had so many delays and changes.

I understand they are in serious full rehearsals and its very close to opening. But when exactly, I don't know.

TTA94

Unfortunately, with how much attention you've given this project, nothing short of a recreation of the Big Bang would live up to your expectations.

For the rest of us, it'll probably be a pretty good show.

Oh I wasn't referring to myself, I will be enjoying RoL very much. If you do not enjoy seeing my post and "attention to this project" then there is a ignore function. Thank you! Have a magical day!

Kuzcotopia

Oh I wasn't referring to myself, I will be enjoying RoL very much. If you do not enjoy seeing my post and "attention to this project" then there is a ignore function. Thank you! Have a magical day!

I have very much enjoyed watching and participating in this thread these last couple of weeks.

It's been a thread with a tone of positive anticipation and mostly fun speculation. Your comments have been a welcome addition to that tone, and I for one appreciate it!

TTA94

I have very much enjoyed watching and participating in this thread these last couple of weeks.

It's been a thread with a tone of positive anticipation and mostly fun speculation. Your comments have been a welcome addition to that tone, and I for one appreciate it!

Thank you. There is no reason or excuse for negatively and nasty comments. If someone has a issue with another member, put the ignore button to use.

LL2WDW

Thank you. There is no reason or excuse for negatively and nasty comments. If someone has a issue with another member, put the ignore button to use.
No, I wasn't making nasty comments about you. But you have to admit your obsession on this project is sky high. That's why I said that. I do hope you're satisfied with the final product.

prfctlyximprct

Be enchanted by a brilliant show of glowing lanterns, magical fireflies, dancing fountains and animal spirits.

As sunlight fades and the stars begin their twinkle, remember the instinctual feeling that we are all bound together by earth and spirit—past, present and future. Listen as the lagoon responds to the whispers of the world, cradling creatures with a symphony that swells with wild murmurs and shimmering secrets of the universe.

So begins a new light—a vibrant awakening of flitting fireflies leading a legion of lanterns cascading in a ceremonious procession across the water. With a single chime, there falls a hush—and in its place steps storytellers bearing benevolent gifts of light. These intriguing figures promise to paint the night with visual wonders, enticing you to join them on a marvelous journey.

Before your eyes, clusters of lantern light shift and shape into animal spirit forms—the Tiger, Turtle, Elephant and Owl. The storytellers call upon the Temple Lotus who materializes along with her 4 sisters, each bursting forth with dazzling fountains of water and light. These mystic hosts work in harmony to captivate your senses, conjuring stunning imagery of animals from across the world in a musical performance that can only be described as dreamlike. Spellbound, you are transported across Asian jungles and tropical oceans to African savannahs and North American mountains.

Your journey culminates in a triumphant blend of music, light, color and earthly elements. The Aurora Borealis, in its magical splendor, springs with unbridled joy as a menagerie of animals transcend above the cosmos, becoming glittering star constellations in the heavens. Immersed within a grand celestial finale, you are bestowed with an inspirational message of peace and oneness with nature.

This alone makes me cry. If anyone has hyped up this show, it's me. The world is an ugly place, and if I can distract myself (and others) by stalking a Disney night time entertainment offering.. so be it! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom