New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

What really boggles my mind is that this show was supposed to be ready almost 6 months ago. And Disney waited so long to announce the opening date. How did they ever expect it to be ready April 22nd, when its still not ready almost 6 months later. I can't see any reason why Disney would purposely delay the opening but somethings a little off. Edit: I know it's likely to open next Month, but thats not the point of my post

No Name

What really boggles my mind is that this show was supposed to be ready almost 6 months ago. And Disney waited so long to announce the opening date. How did they ever expect it to be ready April 22nd, when its still not ready almost 6 months later. I can't see any reason why Disney would purposely delay the opening but somethings a little off. Edit: I know it's likely to open next Month, but thats not the point of my post

Umm, they expected it to be ready because, when they originally, announced the opening date, they did not foresee major technical problems occuring. All of the design aspects of the show were ready and the floats and costumes and all were built, made, and ready by April 22. The issues (and reasons for delay) are/were with the technical aspects, which did not pop up until after they had announced the opening date.

You can argue that it's bad that they didn't foresee the technical problems. But there is no conspiracy here.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Umm, they expected it to be ready because, when they originally, announced the opening date, they did not foresee major technical problems occuring. All of the design aspects of the show were ready and the floats and costumes and all were built, made, and ready by April 22. The issues (and reasons for delay) are/were with the technical aspects, which did not pop up until after they had announced the opening date.

You can argue that it's bad that they didn't foresee the technical problems. But there is no conspiracy here.
I'm not going so far as to say there's a conspiracy, just that it seems odd.

TTA94

Hopefully some of our insiders, @marni1971 ;-), can let us know soon what changes have been made to the show over the past 6 months... I know marni had said awhile back he was not able to comment just yet.

Somehow I feel this video showing the fog effect, running bear and meantion of fire are 3 things we won't be seeing :-(

Last edited:

cjkeating

Hopefully some of our insiders, @marni1971 ;-), can let us know soon what changes have been made to the show over the past 6 months... I know marni had said awhile back he was not able to comment just yet.

Somehow I feel this video showing the fog effect, running bear and meantion of fire are 3 things we won't be seeing :-(

I think the running bear and fire will survive... the floats will move which allow projection and the fire seems to be the finale.

We have never seen any evidence of fog effects except for in this video so that probably didn't make it.

TTA94

I think the running bear and fire will survive... the floats will move which allow projection and the fire seems to be the finale.

We have never seen any evidence of fog effects except for in this video so that probably didn't make it.

Im assuming the running bear will be on a separate small barge we have not seen? I don't think it would be one of the lotus as they probably won't move that fast.

brb1006

Guests would had been blown away by the fog effects and the running bear.

TTA94

Guests would had been blown away by the fog effects and the running bear.

I mean if they can get the guidance system to work for the other floats then I don't see why they would have cut the running bear or fog... Unless it was a budget cut deal :rolleyes:. I'm still concern about the floating lanterns.

ToTBellHop

The seating for fantasmic is a flat aluminum bench. It's no more comfortable than ROL. The other things mentioned don't have seating at all.....
Indeed. Disney (or anyone, for that matter) is not known for supplying plush, shaded viewing for nighttime spectaculars. In July, it doesn't matter which show you are seeing: you will either be sweaty and hot while you wait or it will still be raining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom