New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
MTE. I thought they were finished testing, and were moving into rehearsals. Hopefully that tweeter just chose his words poorly.
Perhaps this is part of the training for Ops? It would make sense for them to learn how to handle the individual elements of the show before launching into full rehearsals.

ABQ

How long is a show tested for?!? Cmon ROL!!!
Don't have an answer for you, but remember, as was mentioned above by @DisneyRoy , this could be rehearsal as opposed to testing. Not making any assumptions, I have no clue at all, but in turning the project over from one division to another, WDI to Ops, certainly, some, hopefully substantial, rehearsing and training would have to take place.

prfctlyximprct

Don't have an answer for you, but remember, as was mentioned above by @DisneyRoy , this could be rehearsal as opposed to testing. Not making any assumptions, I have no clue at all, but in turning the project over from one division to another, WDI to Ops, certainly, some, hopefully substantial, rehearsing and training would have to take place.

Thanks for the shimmer of hope! Been stalking the Disney parks blog as well as Twitter hoping for something soon!!

Minnie Mum

Since there are a lot more automated elements to this show compared to others, I'm sure there's a lot more training involved to deal with all the "what if" situations... Even more so when there will be performers on some of those autonomous boats.

-Rob
They should have sent their senior people over to TDS to learn from them. This is Not new tech for them. Might have saved them a LOT of time and headaches if they had.

peter11435

They should have sent their senior people over to TDS to learn from them. This is Not new tech for them. Might have saved them a LOT of time and headaches if they had.
You sure about that? I was under the impression the TDS units were piloted by onboard drivers who utilized GPS for positioning information. Not the same thing as RoL.

Corylancaster

I can work with closer to the two prediction. Even three would be fine. 4? Not so much. Here's hoping.
2-3 weeks would be perfect for me as we will be there the week of October 10. I keep checking this thread multiple times a day hoping somebody will have firm info on an opening date, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much...

ToTBellHop

I always get excited when they post because it might be news
But then it is merely an embellishment of their posts from 3, 6, 9, 12, 15,...,183 days prior. I understand being excited about a new show (me too!) but jeepers.

I'm highly skeptical of "two weeks". They are getting close though. I still hear sometime in October is possible. We won't hear from Disney until it's quite close.

prfctlyximprct

But then it is merely an embellishment of their posts from 3, 6, 9, 12, 15,...,183 days prior. I understand being excited about a new show (me too!) but jeepers.

I'm highly skeptical of "two weeks". They are getting close though. I still hear sometime in October is possible. We won't hear from Disney until it's quite close.
There is ignore function.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom