New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

No Name

4 performers? We've only been introduced to 2 characters.
0308ZU_0151CR-1200x1024.jpg
But the mommy bloggers have been introduced to four!

13119133_982972065132748_7859446267807938244_n-jpg.140786

This picture is from some event. Originally posted May 5th, I believe.

My prediction is that, since there are two seating areas, there will be a pair of Shamans performing in front of each. So that is why I believe there will be four performers, a male and female Shaman for each seating area. I can't exactly understand why they look different. My guess is that they just don't want it to feel like someone stuck a mirror between the two pairs, and so we will likely see differences in movement from each pair as well.

Or perhaps my guess is entirely wrong. Either way, my four performer assumption comes in part from that picture.

Pumbaa1222

My prediction is that, since there are two seating areas, there will be a pair of Shamans performing in front of each. So that is why I believe there will be four performers, a male and female Shaman for each seating area. I can't exactly understand why they look different. My guess is that they just don't want it to feel like someone stuck a mirror between the two pairs, and so we will likely see differences in movement from each pair as well.

Or perhaps my guess is entirely wrong. Either way, my four performer assumption comes in part from that picture.

I vaguely remember some previews with each of the "shaman" each having lantern carriers?

TTA94

I need this thread on high alert so when Fastpass and Dining packages get released I'm the first to get em! Hey @wdwmagic can you send a rooster/smoke signal/cow bell/ firealarm to my house when this happens?!

You and everybody else lol... One thing is for sure the RoL FPs will Not go the same way as the JB FPs did where you could basically get FPs almost last minute and the day of if you wanted. As with any Disney nighttime show that has more than one performance with FPs, the first performance of the night will be the first to reach capacity.

prfctlyximprct

You and everybody else lol... One thing is for sure the RoL FPs will Not go the same way as the JB FPs did where you could basically get FPs almost last minute and the day of if you wanted. As with any Disney nighttime show that has more than one performance with FPs, the first performance of the night will be the first to reach capacity.
I will take any show I can get! Lol I am super thrilled with all this news!!!

TTA94

Yes this had been discussed waaay back when RoL was supposed to open lol, But, I think it's a horrible idea for there to be no AP and DVC preview for RoL. It would have been bad enough to not have any previews when RoL was originally supposed to open, but now, after the 6 month delay, the hype and anticipation is through the roof! Having everyone trying to see that very first performance is going to be beyond crazy.

FigmentJedi

I vaguely remember some previews with each of the "shaman" each having lantern carriers?

They are the Apprentices to the Shamans. And they are matching sets.
That's the trade-off between the two seating areas: You can either have a more detailed amphitheater with the Asia side or you can see the water waifus up close at Dinoland.

brb1006

I love how the characters will be silent. It reminds me of Fantasia (Mainly the Sorcerer's Apprentice) where they characters can only show emotions by expression and movement.

brb1006

They are the Apprentices to the Shamans. And they are matching sets.
That's the trade-off between the two seating areas: You can either have a more detailed amphitheater with the Asia side or you can see the water waifus up close at Dinoland.
"Water waifu":joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom