New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Next Big Thing

:rolleyes: Id be shocked if there wasn't a opening date already set, just being kept tight lipped.
They aren't going to announce a date until they've done rehearsals and they are absolutely CERTAIN that the show can perform. Also, WDI is still going to be lingering around, even with it turned over. They need to keep an eye on how the rehearsals go. They've already messed up once, they aren't going to mess up again.

TTA94

They aren't going to announce a date until they've done rehearsals and they are absolutely CERTAIN that the show can perform. Also, WDI is still going to be lingering around, even with it turned over. They need to keep an eye on how the rehearsals go. They've already messed up once, they aren't going to mess up again.

Haven't they been doing rehearsals for awhile now?

JohnD

I'm waiting on pins and needles. I've shifted my AK plans on 10/30 to later in the day. I have two ADRs for dinner: Tiffins at 6:30 if ROL is on or Sanaa after park close if not. Come on Disney. I want to firm up plans!

No Name

How many cast are expected to perform in the show itself?

Before someone points it out to me, yes, I know that obviously there will be backstage people and lots of tech people involved in the production (especially considering the problems and modifications they've had to make) and they are involved in rehearsals.

But as for actual performers, I believe there will only be 4. Yes, 4 in the entire show. And not a word spoken from their mouthes. Though I could be wrong, which I why I am asking.

HauntedMansionFLA

How many cast are even expected to perform in the show itself?

Before someone points it out to me, yes, I know that obviously there will be backstage people and lots of tech people involved in the production (especially considering the problems and modifications they've had to make) and they are involved in rehearsals.

But as for actual performers, I believe there will only be 4. Yes, 4 in the entire show. And not a word spoken from their mouthes. Though I could be wrong, which I why I am asking.
How many shows per night are they shooting for? 2 to 3 per night?

No Name

How many shows per night are they shooting for? 2 to 3 per night?
@Magic Feather has said three per night. That is the same person who first hinted at the Wreck It Ralph replecement for Stitch, so he/she has credibility, and I'd take their comment with a slightly larger grain of salt. That poster also predicts (or at least guessed in the guessing thread) a March 17th, 2017 opening for Avatar Land, sooo....

I can't remember what others have said, and would search, but the search feature no longer works properly for me. The whole look is different and it won't let me search by thread for some reason.

I have zero "inside information" but to answer the second part of your question... yes, I would expect no more than 3 and no less than 2 showings per night. My loose prediction is 3 per night in busy times and 2 in less busy times.

ToTBellHop

@Magic Feather has said three per night. That is the same person who first hinted at the Wreck It Ralph replecement for Stitch, so he/she has credibility, and I'd take their comment with a slightly larger grain of salt. That poster also predicts (or at least guessed in the guessing thread) a March 17th, 2017 opening for Avatar Land, sooo....

I can't remember what others have said, and would search, but the search feature no longer works properly for me. The whole look is different and it won't let me search by thread for some reason.

I have zero "inside information" but to answer the second part of your question... yes, I would expect no more than 3 and no less than 2 showings per night. My loose prediction is 3 per night in busy times and 2 in less busy times.
That sounds reasonable. Fantasmic functioned like that in the early years. I remember Decembers with Fant at 6:30, 8:30, and 10, I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom