New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

I am 45 days out and still waiting on night entertainment schedules so I can finalise the dining bookings. It makes a difference because if the show at AK is at 8pm then I can't eat at 7pm and make it to the show. Also if a park is closing earlier it might make more sense to hop to a different park for the evening and that also affects dinner timings and FastPass timings.

I am surprised that my slightly negative comment (and two others) about them promoting what's happening in Fall without giving schedules have made it through moderation and onto the Parks Blog.

I'm in the same boat. My November trip is so mish mashed together based on my predictions of when things will possibly be. Currently have a 930 ADR at the grand floridian in case DHS has fire works.. BAH

Disney730

Why does park close time have anything to do with dining reservations? Why would you make a dining reservation anywhere near to park closing that it matters? And what restaurant are you looking at? You do know that only a very small minority of restaurants need to be booked at the 180 day mark, don't you? Most can be done much closer to your vacation time.

Because we don't want really late dinner reservations, and would prefer dinner plans that don't interfere with park closing shows (which I want to see) but if they haven't posted the correct park hours yet I have no way to plan it out accordingly. And all the restaurants I have booked are almost completely booked now, so having to move those around will be difficult. Closer to my dates I will be relying on cancellations. I'm not normally that picky and can be more flexible but I'm planning my boyfriends first trip, so I want to take him to some specific places.

Ralphlaw

I used to, but have got better at deciphering ;-)

Yeah, just looking at that original post, It's actually entertaining to try to read it and insert the word "gibberish" for each acronym you don't know. In my line of work, I could easily confuse people if I assumed they knew what I meant. When talking to people "in the know", I could say:

"Call the FCC and CSA to get out an NOH about the past due EOB payments from the NCP ASAP."

Translation:

"Call the Family Court Commissioner and Child Support Agency to get out a Notice Of Hearing about the past due Explanation Of Benefits payments from the Non-Custodial Parent As Soon As Possible."

Honestly, most people would probably listen to the first one and nod their heads even though I was talking in utter gibberish to them. Other than ASAP, they're lost, but won't admit it. I'm surprised more people don't call us out when we over acronym, whether on these boards or anywhere else. If you want to be ignored, just toss around the acronyms.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Because we want to see the night/park closing shows.
I guess I'm different in that I know that you cannot do everything on every single trip. If you want a sit down, why not do it at lunch instead of dinner? What restaurants are you trying to get into?

prfctlyximprct

Again why? Just eat when you want to. And don't worry when the park closes.

Because if you only have one day scheduled to be in a park, you need to plan your dinner around the night time entertainment. For example, I only have one day booked for Hollywood Studios. Would normally eat dinner around 8 PM, but if the Star Wars fireworks are happening, I'd like to see that. Which is why planning is difficult.

DisneyRoy

Because if you only have one day scheduled to be in a park, you need to plan your dinner around the night time entertainment. For example, I only have one day booked for Hollywood Studios. Would normally eat dinner around 8 PM, but if the Star Wars fireworks are happening, I'd like to see that. Which is why planning is difficult.

I'm guessing you don't have smaller children? I can't imagine eating at 8 pm. That's late! Or maybe I'm just old. ;)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The fact that they removed the mention of the Jungle Book show from the article is interesting. Could mean a few things. I'm hoping it means Rivers of Light will be ready soon, and not that DAK nighttime hours temporarily end after the 5th.

My vote is that DAK nightime hours end after the 5'th which is too bad because there are so many details at DAK which are intended to be seen only at night.

DisneyRoy

Yes. Yes you are ;)

Heck, I just had my non Disney dinner and it's 9PM.

Gee thanks. But I agree. And 9 PM!!! :jawdrop: :eek: We are usually done around 6 PM. But if it's much later the little one turns into a gremlin. One of the ugly ones! :joyfull: So we try to plan our Disney dinners about the same time. No worries about closing times interfering. Unless AK hours don't change to something later...

Soarin' Over Pgh

I cancelled a ton of reservations recently.

I'd like to catch the night time shows, but they want us to prebook them before our trips, but won't release the schedules, but we also have to prebook dining reservations...

I'm getting tired of stressing over my vacation details. And I refuse to bring a spreadsheet to keep everything straight. :mad:

mikenatcity1

I cancelled a ton of reservations recently.

I'd like to catch the night time shows, but they want us to prebook them before our trips, but won't release the schedules, but we also have to prebook dining reservations...

I'm getting tired of stressing over my vacation details. And I refuse to bring a spreadsheet to keep everything straight. :mad:

I'm glad i'm not the only one to think that! My last trip to WDW was all about schedules and booking, at one point we forgot to just wander and have fun!

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'm glad i'm not the only one to think that! My last trip to WDW was all about schedules and booking, at one point we forgot to just wander and have fun!

As it stands right now, half of my trip is @ WDW and the other is at Universarl. The differences are palpable. The first leg of my trip (WDW) is all planning, figuring out how to best work reservations, eating, rides, etc. The second half is simply "Show up".

I'm SO looking forward to simply showing up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom