New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess I just don't take Twitter as seriously as some do. To each their own I suppose, anything to keep the boat floating. *shrug*

There is very little on the internet you can trust implicitly. There was a thread started last week about a Disney article published on the Orlando Business Journal web site that they ended up pulling because they didn't check their facts. With that said, Internet sources can be useful if you know how best to use them. There have been quite a few times when we have first heard about "incidents" at WDW on Twitter. When this happens, you don't want to immediately jump to a conclusion, but it's a good way to get a heads up and then you can look for other sources to corroborate it. I personally find that all information streams have some value, some more, some less, but they can all help put together the puzzle pieces that lead to the truth.

And note that most of the time when people post "I saw X on Twitter", they aren't saying, "I saw it on Twitter so it must be true", they are just stating what they saw to add to the conversation.

prfctlyximprct

Can't Disney just tell us if Jungle Book is being extended?! Wouldn't the cast members know? I mean, they found out about MSEP and that's September 10th (supposedly) so why aren't we hearing past September 5th? UGH

jrhwdw

I don't think Disney knows what they're doing honestly. I can't see them extending it though

Been thinking about this tonight, I don’t think that’s the problem. If Disney REALLY doesn’t know what they’re doing, then we’re all in trouble! Every Attraction and Entertainment offering is in trouble! I think the problem is, Disney knows what they’re doing, they’re just not being upfront with some things. They have no problem telling us about MRFF’s new seasonal finales and Elena’s new Castle Show.

But we haven’t heard an update on ROL since JB was announced. DL went on Twitter to announce PTN’s close with no mention of it going seasonal in DL.(Even if it is going seasonal) Is there even a Blog Post yet with everything that’s ending on Sept 5th???

Then there’s this MSEP thing: Either this is true and it got leaked(Saying CMs now know about it is an important statement, true orf not)or it’s some Wild rumor put out there to get us all excited,(Which isn’t good IMO)

If it’s true, hopefully they have a plan already. PTN coming to MK would be nice if it will fit on MS, and can get over here in an appropriate length of time and also would explain DL being mum on PTN’s future plans. (if that's the real plan)Or MK could give us that new night parade concept art we talked about over in the TDL forum back in spring. BIG wishful thinking I know but hey, we’ve been surprised before... I was SHOCKED when PTN was in the headlines last week!!!

MagicHappens1971

Been thinking about this tonight, I don’t think that’s the problem. If Disney REALLY doesn’t know what they’re doing, then we’re all in trouble! Every Attraction and Entertainment offering is in trouble! I think the problem is, Disney knows what they’re doing, they’re just not being upfront with some things. They have no problem telling us about MRFF’s new seasonal finales and Elena’s new Castle Show.

But we haven’t heard an update on ROL since JB was announced. DL went on Twitter to announce PTN’s close with no mention of it going seasonal in DL.(Even if it is going seasonal) Is there even a Blog Post yet with everything that’s ending on Sept 5th???

Then there’s this MSEP thing: Either this is true and it got leaked(Saying CMs now know about it is an important statement, true orf not)or it’s some Wild rumor put out there to get us all excited,(Which isn’t good IMO)

If it’s true, hopefully they have a plan already. PTN coming to MK would be nice if it will fit on MS, and can get over here in an appropriate length of time and also would explain DL being mum on PTN’s future plans. (if that's the real plan)Or MK could give us that new night parade concept art we talked about over in the TDL forum back in spring. BIG wishful thinking I know but hey, we’ve been surprised before... I was SHOCKED when PTN was in the headlines last week!!!
I didn't mean that Disney doesn't know what they're doing in general, just in regard to ROL.

Den Carter

I didn't mean that Disney doesn't know what they're doing in general, just in regard to ROL.

I think they're just being ultra cautious. They know what they want to do and when, but they've already had a screw up with RoL not starting when they announced. They won't say anything about the new launch 'til they're 100% confident that they can do it. If they announced a new start date for this show and then didn't pull it off, it would be a nightmare for their integrity. I think they're desperate to confirm the plan, but having already been stung they're playing it safe.
Fingers crossed!

Jon81uk

Can't Disney just tell us if Jungle Book is being extended?! Wouldn't the cast members know? I mean, they found out about MSEP and that's September 10th (supposedly) so why aren't we hearing past September 5th? UGH

Whats happening with MSEP? Times still show on the website for late September.

Jon81uk

No Name

:-(

Thats not the news I was hoping for.
Let's just hope that Jennifer is as clueless as always and just blabbering on like she often does.

Why?

Without a show on the river, there would likely not be nighttime park hours. No matter what you think of the show, it keeps the park open until 11:00 and allows a bunch of other nighttime activities amd entertainment, as well as rides, to run.

I'm happy to see the park retain its long hours through the fall, hopefully right up through when Rivers of Light opens.

If your disappointment comes from the implication that Rivers of Light won't be ready in September, then I totally understand. I find that disappointing too. I just hope that when it does open, it fully works, and all elements that were supposed to be part of the show remain as so.

ABQ

If your disappointment comes from the implication that Rivers of Light won't be ready in September, then I totally understand. I find that disappointing too. I just hope that when it does open, it fully works, and all elements that were supposed to be part of the show remain as so.
That's what I was getting at, just hoping that she has no idea the actual status of RoL and is just throwing boilerplate marketing info out based on what is available today, not what may be available tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom