New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Den Carter

That's what I was getting at, just hoping that she has no idea the actual status of RoL and is just throwing boilerplate marketing info out based on what is available today, not what may be available tomorrow.

I just went on the link and there's no mention of DAK at all. So I'm guessing this is actually what she did and has since been called out on it!

Jon81uk

If your disappointment comes from the implication that Rivers of Light won't be ready in September, then I totally understand. I find that disappointing too. I just hope that when it does open, it fully works, and all elements that were supposed to be part of the show remain as so.

That is also my disappointment. This will be my first trip in six years and Rivers of Light in my opinion was going to be the standout new attraction this time, Seven Dwarves looks fun and eating at Be Our Guest will be cool but there isn't much else that seems wow new.

I will be happy enough with Jungle Book continuing, but disappointed that they first announced Rivers of Light in May 2014 and then in November 2015 announced it was coming Summer 2016. and it still isn't ready five months after the expected date and definitely not for Summer.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

I went back to blog post to see if there were any comments yet and....

OK.....now DAK and JB is gone from the post?!???!

Thoughts?

My comment about my disappointment and frustration about Disney not being able to confirm times for Rivers of Light or Jungle Book and Star Wars fireworks didn't seem to make it past moderation!

Ralphlaw

Been thinking about this tonight, I don’t think that’s the problem. If Disney REALLY doesn’t know what they’re doing, then we’re all in trouble! Every Attraction and Entertainment offering is in trouble! I think the problem is, Disney knows what they’re doing, they’re just not being upfront with some things. They have no problem telling us about MRFF’s new seasonal finales and Elena’s new Castle Show.

But we haven’t heard an update on ROL since JB was announced. DL went on Twitter to announce PTN’s close with no mention of it going seasonal in DL.(Even if it is going seasonal) Is there even a Blog Post yet with everything that’s ending on Sept 5th???

Then there’s this MSEP thing: Either this is true and it got leaked(Saying CMs now know about it is an important statement, true orf not)or it’s some Wild rumor put out there to get us all excited,(Which isn’t good IMO)

If it’s true, hopefully they have a plan already. PTN coming to MK would be nice if it will fit on MS, and can get over here in an appropriate length of time and also would explain DL being mum on PTN’s future plans. (if that's the real plan)Or MK could give us that new night parade concept art we talked about over in the TDL forum back in spring. BIG wishful thinking I know but hey, we’ve been surprised before... I was SHOCKED when PTN was in the headlines last week!!!

I wish I could understand what you're saying, but the acronyms are really jumping out here. I know some of your acronyms, ROL, DL, MK, and CM, but must admit my ignorance in being in the dark about MRFF, PTN, MSEP, MS and TDL. What you're saying may be brilliant, but I fear that I am not the only one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

andysol

That is also my disappointment. This will be my first trip in six years and Rivers of Light in my opinion was going to be the standout new attraction this time, Seven Dwarves looks fun and eating at Be Our Guest will be cool but there isn't much else that seems wow new.

Wow :eek:. And just 20 minutes up the road, look at what is new the past 6 years at Universal. :bookworm:

Jon81uk

I wish I could understand what you're saying, but the acronyms are really jumping out here. I know some of your acronyms, ROL, DL, MK, and CM, but must admit my ignorance in being in the dark about MRFF, PTN, MSEP, MS and TDL. What you're saying may be brilliant, but I fear that I am not the only one who doesn't know what you're talking about.
MRFF- Mickeys Royal Friendship Fayre - new castle show
PTN - Paint the Night - night parade at DisneyLand about to go on seasonal hiatus
MSEP - Main St Electrical Parade - Magic Kingdom night parade rumoured(?) to have a few nights off for repairs this Fall
MS - Main Street I assume
TDL - Tokyo Disney Land.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Tell me about it and it is nothing new to me but this has been the worst trip to plan yet. Normally I at least know what times the parks will close!
Why does park close time have anything to do with dining reservations? Why would you make a dining reservation anywhere near to park closing that it matters? And what restaurant are you looking at? You do know that only a very small minority of restaurants need to be booked at the 180 day mark, don't you? Most can be done much closer to your vacation time.

matt9112

It's nice to see something after months of not really getting anything besides wild speculation. I guess this just proves everyone who thought Disney gave up on Rivers of Light was wrong. I hope it premieres while I'm on my College Program, it would really make it the best.

you mean temporary slave program?

prfctlyximprct

Why does park close time have anything to do with dining reservations? Why would you make a dining reservation anywhere near to park closing that it matters? And what restaurant are you looking at? You do know that only a very small minority of restaurants need to be booked at the 180 day mark, don't you? Most can be done much closer to your vacation time.

Because both Hollywood and animal kingdom aren't places I'd choose to eat, yet not knowing when they close makes it hard to book an ADR at a resort hotel. Going crazy here.

Ralphlaw

MRFF- Mickeys Royal Friendship Fayre - new castle show
PTN - Paint the Night - night parade at DisneyLand about to go on seasonal hiatus
MSEP - Main St Electrical Parade - Magic Kingdom night parade rumoured(?) to have a few nights off for repairs this Fall
MS - Main Street I assume
TDL - Tokyo Disney Land.

Thank you. Am I the only one who gets lost in Acronym-Land on these boards?

Jon81uk

I am 45 days out and still waiting on night entertainment schedules so I can finalise the dining bookings. It makes a difference because if the show at AK is at 8pm then I can't eat at 7pm and make it to the show. Also if a park is closing earlier it might make more sense to hop to a different park for the evening and that also affects dinner timings and FastPass timings.

I am surprised that my slightly negative comment (and two others) about them promoting what's happening in Fall without giving schedules have made it through moderation and onto the Parks Blog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom