New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jon81uk

I think given FastPasses can be booked at 60 days out they really need to make an announcement about what is happening this September. There are three options, Jungle Book, Rivers of Light or nothing. I need an official announcement as it makes planning dinner much harder. If they aren't offering any night entertainment in late September at least let us know so I can have an extra evening in Epcot instead. No announcement at all is more frustrating. But if they can't offer RoL or JB then I will be complaining, it's our first trip in six years and there isn't much else that's new at WDW so I was really looking forward to nighttime at AK.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
"Goal" is still sept or at least by end of year

They don't have to open fastpasses up until close to the time they know for sure it opens even if that's 2 weeks from the start. It'll be interesting to see if jungle book remains as a fp however past September but that doesn't exactly mean that's what it'll be either if there is a communication breakdown which we all know never happens ;)

All we can do right now is hope for the best....and plan for the worst

BriEcho3194

They don't have to open fastpasses up until close to the time they know for sure it opens even if that's 2 weeks from the start. It'll be interesting to see if jungle book remains as a fp however past September but that doesn't exactly mean that's what it'll be either if there is a communication breakdown which we all know never happens ;)

Thank you for being a voice of reason lol

raymusiccity

I would think that they really don't have to 'open' fast pass for ROL at all. It's the same venue, so when Jungle Book is done, just segue to ROL. I don't think anyone would be upset about an upgrade to ROL.

Hyperspace Hoopla

I know we're all in the same boat here, so I'm not looking to vent or whine - just a question....

We were able to get into the DVC Safari Spectacular on Sept 22nd. It starts at 9:30PM, but the information provided says you can enter the park without admission after 7:00PM. The park is scheduled to close at 7:30 that night. If JB is closing, and ROL isn't ready, what do they plan for us to do for 2.5 hours?

Magic Feather

I'd like to elaborate on the "progress that has been made" to RoL. The big problem has been resolved, as the GPS system is now (supposedly working) all that is left, is the big problem that is performer safety. They do not have reliable enough testing for the performer safety on the two performer barges. When/How this is to be resolved has yet to come to my attention.

MagicHappens1971

I'd like to elaborate on the "progress that has been made" to RoL. The big problem has been resolved, as the GPS system is now (supposedly working) all that is left, is the big problem that is performer safety. They do not have reliable enough testing for the performer safety on the two performer barges. When/How this is to be resolved has yet to come to my attention.
A lot of these issues, specifically one like performer safety seems so odd to come up now when the show was supposed to debut 5 months ago. It seems like Disney knew it never really was gonna be ready :/

TTA94

So have they been able to successfully complete full rehearsals?

Seems like the performers safety should not be that major of a issue to resolve that would delay RoL for much longer.

BriEcho3194

So have they been able to successfully complete full rehearsals?

Seems like the performers safety should not be that major of a issue to resolve that would delay RoL for much longer.
I can see why that would delay the show a bit longer because this show is a bit different than an average parade show. It's on water and they probably don't want the performers to fall in. Let alone the costumes weigh them down in the water as well. But at least we know the major issue with the GPS has been resolved. Again I don't know anything about what's going on Behind the Scenes, that's just what my thoughts are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom