New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Sped2424

I know it's Up In The Air but I wonder if the September rumor is more solid/likely than the July rumor was?
July was solid until it wasnt. Treat the September target the same way. Remember they are target dates scheduled to change should things continue to be fuddled.

Biff215

ROL (according to Disneys last official statement) will be opening this year.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply RoL wouldn't open until Avatar, just that I'll likely delay my next trip until both are ready. It's a shame, as it would have really rounded out this summer's new offerings nicely.

Brian Swan

I remember the projections looked so clear and good when it previews Rivers Of Light before The Jungle Book showed up. (Then again most of the lights were off)

I think at least part of it has to do with fact that the JB footage was never meant to be projected on water screens. The film was quite dark, and did not have a lot of bright colors and contrast. The films made for RoL have probably taken that all into consideration.

ToTBellHop

Doesn't matter either way. I'm just sick of people asking questions they already know the answer to. :rolleyes:
Me too. Do we really need someone to come here and ask when it will open EVERY DAY??? It's obnoxious to have to wade through that rubbish when searching for any actual kernels of information.

Pretty sure Steve will post any announced opening date on the main page.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Month and a half since last update was supposed to be made. Radio silence.

In the meantime, guests have voted with their feet and said no to nighttime hours at DAK.

That's two reasons to believe that. But I guess Pixie Dust is a hell of a drug.

ROL was one of the main things that would drive night time hours, at least until Avatar opens, and the Jungle Book show is definitely no replacement so it's hard to judge at this point if night time hours will work.

It's quite a leap to go from "no news in a month and a half" to them completely scrapping a show that they clearly spend a lot of money on.

Besides, you should know me well enough to know that I am not one of the pixies dust crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom