New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Matt_Black

If they do something good with Zootopia, I wouldn't mind. I don't share the hate that others have Dinorama, as I am fond of meta-textual things, and Dinorama is very meta at times. On the other hand, I know that most guests don't look into the story of the setting and just see tacky carnival type stuff. A properly done Zootopia would have a WOW factor.

Marc Davis Fan

Regarding the idea of a Jungle Book ride in Asia, I would be concerned on the grounds that an IP-based attraction in Anandapur might reduce the level of realism in that highly immersive area.

However, if an IP-based attraction were added (and we all know that if an attraction is added, there's a pretty good chance it'll be IP-based), I at least hope the outward-facing parts are done very tactfully, like how well Festival of the Lion King's addition to Harambe was done.

Mike S

Regarding the idea of a Jungle Book ride in Asia, I would be concerned on the grounds that an IP-based attraction in Anandapur might reduce the level of realism in that highly immersive area.

However, if an IP-based attraction were added (and we all know that if an attraction is added, there's a pretty good chance it'll be IP-based), I at least hope the outward-facing parts are done very tactfully, like how well Festival of the Lion King's addition to Harambe was done.
The fact that we have Lion King in Africa is what makes me completely fine with Jungle Book in Asia. We all know that with Joe Rhode in charge the facade would be made to perfectly blend with the rest of the land. Maybe the Man Village with a bridge leading into the "Jungle" (show building)?

FigmentJedi

I am just so worried that Dinosaur and Dinorama are going to die in favor of Zootopia. I hope that isn't the case but at the same time it has me very nervous. But yeah having just FOTLK open past 8 would help tremendously with crowds. They need to start their next expansion at AK imo.

If they do something good with Zootopia, I wouldn't mind. I don't share the hate that others have Dinorama, as I am fond of meta-textual things, and Dinorama is very meta at times. On the other hand, I know that most guests don't look into the story of the setting and just see tacky carnival type stuff. A properly done Zootopia would have a WOW factor.

I'd put it between Africa and Pandora or in part of that expansion plot between Asia and Conservation Station if possible as a detailed standalone attraction ala Skull Island

rioriz

I have said all along the Jungle Book show should not be compared to Rivers of Light but more so to FotLk...however a proper ride would be best

FigmentJedi

I have to see JB:AwM in person but at least there is some culture in the program. I just can't even bring myself to remember what SSC even looked like. Oh, but we do have that very large Tomb Stone in the middle of TL to remind us of it everyday!! :mad::mad:
All I know is it had a nifty cover of The Future Has Arrived from Meet the Robinsons at the start that Martin put to use in a Space Mountain video and that track is the one thing of value it had.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I'm with you, It WOULD have been great but Disney blew it, If it ever shows up I'll make time to see it but recently everything new has simply been a disappointment at some level.

Or 2019... When the new TWDC management fixes the issues and drags the show out of storage.

I am not trying to be rude, but are you this negative about everything in your life or just Disney. I agree that Disney showed some really bad judgment publishing an opening date they could not meet, but it is not the end of the "world". All indications are they will fix it and get the new show open sometime this year. If I hated Disney as much as you I would just stop going this web site and wasting so much time. Maybe it time for you to find something else to fill your day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom