New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

etaHh09.jpg

Another image of the "Avatar Tree". Image taken by Trevor of the Orlandobros
holy carp, that looks really good!

I would love to see a picture from Asia (and on top of Everest) during nighttime.
To see both Avatar and the tree illuminated like that.
I wonder, this will be only the tree of life? or the entire discovery island will also "link" with Avatarland?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I would love to see a picture from Asia (and on top of Everest) during nighttime.
I wonder, this will be only the tree of life? or the entire discovery island will also "link" with Avatarland?
The projection mapping is only visible from the front of the tree.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So the leaves do not have lights in them and it's all projection? Disappointing the projections are only one side... I thought you were supposed to see the projections from RoL as well?
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the embedded lights in the tree will be used during RoL, and the projections will be used for the 2-3min tree awakening shows throughout the night.

peter11435

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the embedded lights in the tree will be used during RoL, and the projections will be used for the 2-3min tree awakening shows throughout the night.
You really can't see much of the tree from the viewing area and certainly not as a focal point.

Brian Swan

My understanding is that the ToL is really not linked to Avatar in any direct way. There are supposed to be a number of "projection shows" on the ToL throughout the night (and perhaps in conjunction with RoL). I think it's coincidence that this picture shows the tree as being primarily blue, which is kind of the "signature" color associated with Pandora.

JUFL2019

My understanding is that the ToL is really not linked to Avatar in any direct way. There are supposed to be a number of "projection shows" on the ToL throughout the night (and perhaps in conjunction with RoL). I think it's coincidence that this picture shows the tree as being primarily blue, which is kind of the "signature" color associated with Pandora.

Agreed, everyone keeps saying "Avatar" tree but Avatar has nothing to do with the current nighttime experiences in the park.

ToTBellHop

Right. It's just a cool color for the tree. Similarly, Tower of Terror is purple at night but has no Figment (oddly, I'd prefer that to Starlord...).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom