New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

Based on the concept art, I certainly expect to see mist screens for projections, similar to what are used in F! (and on a much larger scale, WOC). Water cannons are the hydraulic/pneumatic systems used to shoot water 50-plus feet into the air (as in WOC). I don't expect to see those in RoL; they would have had to drain the river to install them, and it has been established that water table and ground stability issues would not make them feasible for AK.

And for the record, I'm not expecting this to be anything like WOC. The sheer size of WOC is what makes it jaw-dropping. I'm expecting the "awe" factor of RoL to come from the number of components and the overall effect of combining many lighting elements with practical floats, live performers, some fountains, and music. It will be a more "intimate" experience filled with many details that will make it unique (and a good parallel with the park, whose beauty is really in the details). If the quality of the recent DLR night time shows is any indicator, this may well become the best that WDW has to offer.
I never said that.
I just wanted to remind you that they already tested 1 big water canon (looked like a fireman hoose).
which sits on the right side (viewed from the stadium). Opposite the "island" with the projectors and light effects.

TTA94

Idk if this is to be believed or not about previews...

http://.com/blog/2016/03/breaking-f...il-6th-2-probable-nightly-showtimes-revealed/

flyerjab

This is what the link states.

The April 6th showing will be for Animal Kingdom cast only. All other Walt Disney World cast members will have access to previews of the show on April 8th, 9th, 12th, and 13th.

There is some sort of “premium” annual pass holder and Disney Vacation Club member preview event being held on April 15th which will hold 4,000 guests, but we expect this to have an added fee (should be announced soon). Two normal AP and DVC preview nights are scheduled right after that for April 16th and 17th.

Wikkler

"Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
but not as brightly lit... a darkside."

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

Wait. No. Nevermind.

So about the RoL? I hope they really get it fixed in time. It's not like they don't have any money.

Bolt

This is what the link states.

The April 6th showing will be for Animal Kingdom cast only. All other Walt Disney World cast members will have access to previews of the show on April 8th, 9th, 12th, and 13th.

There is some sort of “premium” annual pass holder and Disney Vacation Club member preview event being held on April 15th which will hold 4,000 guests, but we expect this to have an added fee (should be announced soon). Two normal AP and DVC preview nights are scheduled right after that for April 16th and 17th.
This is very outdated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom