New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Rteetz

Question is when will ADRs open up? Will resort guests be able to reserve earlier?
According to posts on the disboards it is already showing on MDE but you can't book yet. It's only for Tusker house right now and you can book breakfast lunch or dinner. There are also 3 showings of rivers of light per night.

TTA94

I have a feeling the dining packages are going to be more popular/hard to get than FPs for this show. Especially if the dining package seating will be close to the water.

YodaMan

Define "turn around." Fantasmic show times are 90 minutes apart and never closer. Sometimes they are 120 minutes apart if the park is open late enough. Unless Rivers of Light is 10 minutes or less, I still think an hour between show times is cutting it close. Especially if there isn't any kind of "queue" to hold guests waiting for the next performance like when Indy or BatB only have an hour between shows.

ToTBellHop

Define "turn around." Fantasmic show times are 90 minutes apart and never closer. Sometimes they are 120 minutes apart if the park is open late enough. Unless Rivers of Light is 10 minutes or less, I still think an hour between show times is cutting it close. Especially if there isn't any kind of "queue" to hold guests waiting for the next performance like when Indy or BatB only have an hour between shows.
That's not true. I've seen 9, 10:30, 11:30 in days of yore.

YodaMan

That's not true. I've seen 9, 10:30, 11:30 in days of yore.

How long ago was that? Not saying you're wrong, just trying to figure how in the hell a 10:30 show that is done by 11:00 could ever be emptied of that many guests and cleaned and safely loaded by 11:30. Every calendar I can find (going back to 2004) has 90 or 120 minute gaps between shows for that very reason.

roj2323

If they can turn Fantasmic around in an hour they should have no problem turning this around in 30 minutes if not less.

I'd have to agree but it's going to be tight. The main things that keep Fantasmic from turning over faster are the unload time, time needed to sweep the theater and the time needed for the show cast to reset. With rivers of light the unload time should be relatively short but the sweeping and show reset are unknown variables at this point. I suspect it will have a quicker turnaround than Fantasmic but there's just know way to know at this point without seeing the show, the load in and out procedures and how the show will be staffed.

Rob562

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd look at World of Color for guidance on how multiple shows will be scheduled. For example, on two-show nights they schedule WoC at 9pm and 10:15pm. They seem to be able to turn-over the viewing areas just fine.

Seating areas at RoL are smaller than Fantasmic at the Studios. Crowds can also disperse in multiple directions whereas at Fantasmic it's essentially one big funnel back toward Sunset.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom