Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Otterhead

I'm sure the new show will be great, but it's really a bummer for me. I think illuminations is probably my favorite thing in any of the parks. Big emotional connection.
With no exaggeration, if Illuminations ends entirely -- the show, the music, the song, etc -- I'm not sure if my traveling companions and myself will return to WDW anytime soon. It's such a huge part of our trip and, as you say, has such an emotional connection for me and my loved ones that a trip to the park will be a harder sell for all of us.

bcoachable

Marni/Magic Feather-
Any chance Spaceship Earth would be included as a projection screen in the new show somehow? (understanding your limitiations to post info...)

Kevin_W

I really wish they would just re-orchestrate the current tracks, give it a slight modern edge, but keep the same feeling and heart. In the way that Soarin' was re-orchestrated, let's make illuminations something that lives on.

I agree. It's my favorite show, but I can admit that the small globe is hard to see and can understand that newer tech could upgrade the show. I just hope they keep the theme/music.

Maybe if they could just stipulate that any new show must get a personal stamp of approval from @marni1971, then my fears would be allayed. :)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni/Magic Feather-
Any chance Spaceship Earth would be included as a projection screen in the new show somehow? (understanding your limitiations to post info...)
I've heard nothing (so what) but I'd be surprised given the logistics of the location.

PREMiERdrum

Re, the globe:

I remember it being theorized back in earlier stages of RoL development that, again, in theory, a show centerpiece for the lagoon could be made up of floats that navigate themselves separate throughout the water and then assemble via magnets or other mechanical means, thus creating a larger centerpiece than the entry infrastructure currently allows for.

Again, I stress, in theory. It was discussed. Who knows if anything came of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom