Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Re, the globe:

I remember it being theorized back in earlier stages of RoL development that, again, in theory, a show centerpiece for the lagoon could be made up of floats that navigate themselves separate throughout the water and then assemble via magnets or other mechanical means, thus creating a larger centerpiece than the entry infrastructure currently allows for.

Again, I stress, in theory. It was discussed. Who knows if anything came of it.
A lot of things were theorised and actually attempted for RoE. What we see today is what worked.

Epcot82Guy

It will be personally devastating when the show retires. It is literally my favorite attraction on property. The subtlety, imagery, tech, creativity - and MUSIC - are one of the best things Disney has done for its parks.

But, I understand the need for change - and even I agree some of the tech needs updating.

With that, I still hold out hope for an updated Illuminations:ROE vs. totally scrapped show. The show is abstract enough that they could easily reorchestrate and enhance the music, build in new technology - especially closer to shore during the globe scenes and what not, etc. I know it's likely wishful thinking. But, doing more of a "Mansion" or "Soarin' " treatment would keep this Annual Passholder coming back - whereas its full departure will likely mean not coming back for several years for me.

PREMiERdrum

A lot of things were theorised and actually attempted for RoE. What we see today is what worked.

I figured that RoL's challenges may have wet blanketed further expansion of the technology.

Now that they have a working proof-of-concept, here's hoping they'll revisit. I heard some development chatter of a show using the existing pyro and newly-updated laser technology with autonomous floats, projections, and drones.

Too good to be true? Probably...

yensidtlaw1969

Disney's EPCOT or Walt Disney's EPCOT anyone?
It would have to be "Disney EPCOT", wouldn't it? They seem to be doing away with the possessives -- When DCA changed its name it went from "Disney's California Adventure" to the radically different "Disney California Adventure" . . . must have something to do with image?

I'm just glad they don't seem to be looking at a bigger departure -- nobody needs "Club 'COT", or anything of that ilk.

Epcot82Guy

With the stillness of the price,
There must be rev we can expand.
To mark up and charge tomorrow,
What we can with Magic Bands.

We can see a higher price point -
Built on all we haven't done.
But with rats and pretty pale girls,
This giant bar will drive some funds.

We charge more...
Through your pain and through your tears.
We charge more...
Though we haven't changed in years.
Even more...
Because "magic" means "sell ears".

We add on...
The overlay team really won.
We add on...
Aren't "fesitvals" more fun?
Ever on...
With each Guardian...
And his comp plan...
Bob goes on.

montyz81

It is funny how I am reading this thread and ROE is playing on SubsonicRadio! It is hands down my favorite fireworks show of all time and a "must do multiple times" for each visit. In fact, when I go down to work and don't have time for a more then an hour visit to the parks, I make it a point to make that hour around 9:00 where I hang out at IG to watch (albeit obstructed) RoE!

larandtra

I think the magnitude of changes in Epcot will be greater than in any of the parks at WDW. From the name, to the nighttime shows, to new attractions, countries, etc. While I do think they will incorporate more "Disney" to some of it, the original purpose will not be lost. Just brought forward a lot. And it will be expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom