New 'My Disney Experience' inspired park maps coming soon

gccgrad1996

I just signed in to My Disney Experience to add another reservation and it said "Welcome, Kevin C*******!"

I'm not Kevin. :\ And my confirmed reservations @ Poly aren't showing.

What the hell? :\

edit for horrific spelling
I can't put one of my reservation in either. It keeps saying that there is someone else in charge of this reservation. NO it it me I made the darn reservation and it is in my name. No matter how many times I have tried it it won't allow me to put it in. I even had my husband try since he is also on the reservation, but no it wouldn't work for him either. It would be nice for things to work right.

gccgrad1996

I haven't been able to access my October '13 reservation on my disney experience since the new process started. I save the reservation to MDE by using the confirmation number and it tells me that the reservation is already linked. Then I try to pull up the reservation, its still not there.
That's what mine is saying for a dinning reservation. It says it is already linked to someone else. No idea who, the reservation is in my name with my phone number :(

Donald96

I really like how the new maps have restaurants and attractions labeled as numbers because the old letter and numbers got confusing when trying to find what you want. I also like how they organized the entertainment instead of putting it in bubbles all around the map!

Captain Chaos

I just signed in to My Disney Experience to add another reservation and it said "Welcome, Kevin C*******!"

I'm not Kevin. :\ And my confirmed reservations @ Poly aren't showing.

What the hell? :\

edit for horrific spelling
This happened to someone at DIS... Now at least we know they weren't making it up and it is something that is happening... Hmm, privacy issues... Who said people shouldn't have privacy concerns with this mess?????????

djlaosc

New Covers:
Guidemap_CS_FullSize_6fea9f1c-6f36-4b60-92b8-0a8275e15d14.jpg

DAK Map:
Guidemap_dak%2520map.png

Wow, Animal Kingdom has magically added 29 attractions since last year - what did we have to be worried about? There's plenty being added to WDW! ;)

hpyhnt 1000

New maps look pretty good, though minor quibbles on the spacing/layout of the Legend. And are we really surprised that a Disney webpage isn't functioning properly? Nothing new about that, people, just like the rest of WDW.

I really like how the new maps have restaurants and attractions labeled as numbers because the old letter and numbers got confusing when trying to find what you want. I also like how they organized the entertainment instead of putting it in bubbles all around the map!

I can see that point of view on the numbers only approach. At the same time, I can imagine the numbers getting to be a bit much for Epcot (and even MK) as those parks have more of everything. The letters and numbers approach was a more visual way of separating attractions from other services.

djlaosc

New maps look pretty good, though minor quibbles on the spacing/layout of the Legend. And are we really surprised that a Disney webpage isn't functioning properly? Nothing new about that, people, just like the rest of WDW.

I can see that point of view on the numbers only approach. At the same time, I can imagine the numbers getting to be a bit much for Epcot (and even MK) as those parks have more of everything. The letters and numbers approach was a more visual way of separating attractions from other services.

Magic Kingdom, including restaurants would go up to 72 - add shops to that, and it depends on whether they add acts like "The Giggle Gang", "Main Street Characters", "Dapper Dans", "Main Street Philharmonic" and things like ""Wishes" and "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" in with the numbers, or whether they would go with "Celebrate a Dream Come True" and "Move It Shake It Celebrate It" under Entertainment.

Disney's Hollywood Studios, including restaurants would go up to 38 - add shops to that, and it depends on whether they add acts like "Citizens of Hollywood" and "Mulch, Sweat and Shears" in with the numbers or under Entertainment. Also, whether they add Play n Dine at Hollywood and Vine seperately, and whether they add the "A.F.I" and "Hall of Fame" to the map.

Epcot is going to be the most interesting one...
Currently, Epcot goes up to 21 - 1 number per pavilion.
Future World (not including Innoventions) has 15 attractions.
Innoventions has 8 attractions.
World Showcase has 13 pavilions. (including Showcase Plaza and Outpost)
World Showcase has 6 attractions.
Future World has "JAMMitors" and "Innoventions Fountain Show"
World Showcase has 20 acts.
Future World has 2 Meet and Greets.
World Showcase has 10 Meet and Greets.
Future World has 5 restaurants
World Showcase has 29 restaurants.
World Showcase has at least 5 museums, I think. (Morocco, Japan, China, USA, Norway)

So, Epcot could be up to 115, add shops to that, and depending on what they do with "Agent P" - add it to the numbers, or under Entertainment with "Illuminations"

Of course, they could just stick with 21 numbers, and continue to list everything under each pavilion.

Bolna

I'm mildly annoyed at it, to be honest. Does this mean someone else is looking at my information right now going "Wow, this chick is staying at Poly and has awesome reservations!" ??

Cause lord knows I'm not thinking that about Kevin and his stay at AoA.

Are you still seeing Kevin's stay at AoA when you log in? Besides it being annoying I would consider this an enormous flaw of data security on Disney's side. I would suggest to make a screen shot and get in touch with Disney - and not just guest services or the technical support. This is an issue that should concern the higher ups in Park & Resorts - so I guess George Kalogridis and Tom Staggs would be the ones I would try to get in touch with, especially since this is not the first report of that happening!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
If you have access to Kevin's Reservations you could possibly screw him over by deleting or changing his. Someone could be looking at your reservations and thinking. These aren't right, let me call Disney and get these changed, they have all your confirmation numbers. If they don't realize the whole thing is someone else's account they could do it accidentally.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Are you still seeing Kevin's stay at AoA when you log in? Besides it being annoying I would consider this an enormous flaw of data security on Disney's side. I would suggest to make a screen shot and get in touch with Disney - and not just guest services or the technical support. This is an issue that should concern the higher ups in Park & Resorts - so I guess George Kalogridis and Tom Staggs would be the ones I would try to get in touch with, especially since this is not the first report of that happening!
I actually did screencap it and emailed it to the supervisor I spoke with on the phone regarding my reservations, name, info, etc. not being correct. They said "we're looking into it" and I STILL can't log into my account. But now it's saying "This account is already logged in by another member of your party."

The only other member is my Mom, who doesn't even know about that website.

The person I spoke with confirmed my reservations and information, but clearly has no idea why their webpage doesn't have ME listed on my own account.

Pretty sure someone else is seeing my information. Not happy about it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I actually did screencap it and emailed it to the supervisor I spoke with on the phone regarding my reservations, name, info, etc. not being correct. They said "we're looking into it" and I STILL can't log into my account. But now it's saying "This account is already logged in by another member of your party."

The person I spoke with confirmed my reservations and information, but clearly has no idea why their webpage doesn't have ME listed on my own account.

I would be very stressed myself. Awful. Look, I'm a science dork and we don't roll out a new procedure even it affects only one person (customer), until we've tried it again and again. They clearly needed more time for testing and debugging. There must be pressure from the top to roll this out. A lot of bigwig types have no understanding or appreciation for technical complexity and the things that can go wrong.

Genie of the Lamp

Maybe if you complain about it enough to the higher ups, they could give you a free week stay at WDW or something. Maybe we shouldn't be too personal with Disney now. Sucks for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom