New 'My Disney Experience' inspired park maps coming soon

djlaosc

Magic Kingdom, including restaurants would go up to 72 - add shops to that, and it depends on whether they add acts like "The Giggle Gang", "Main Street Characters", "Dapper Dans", "Main Street Philharmonic" and things like ""Wishes" and "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom" in with the numbers, or whether they would go with "Celebrate a Dream Come True" and "Move It Shake It Celebrate It" under Entertainment.

Disney's Hollywood Studios, including restaurants would go up to 38 - add shops to that, and it depends on whether they add acts like "Citizens of Hollywood" and "Mulch, Sweat and Shears" in with the numbers or under Entertainment. Also, whether they add Play n Dine at Hollywood and Vine seperately, and whether they add the "A.F.I" and "Hall of Fame" to the map.

Epcot is going to be the most interesting one...
Currently, Epcot goes up to 21 - 1 number per pavilion.

Epcot is going to be the most interesting one...
Currently, Epcot goes up to 21 - 1 number per pavilion.
Future World (not including Innoventions) has 15 attractions.
Innoventions has 8 attractions.
World Showcase has 13 pavilions. (including Showcase Plaza and Outpost)
World Showcase has 6 attractions.
Future World has "JAMMitors" and "Innoventions Fountain Show"
World Showcase has 20 acts.
Future World has 2 Meet and Greets.
World Showcase has 10 Meet and Greets.
Future World has 5 restaurants
World Showcase has 29 restaurants.
World Showcase has at least 5 museums, I think. (Morocco, Japan, China, USA, Norway)

So, Epcot could be up to 115, add shops to that, and depending on what they do with "Agent P" - add it to the numbers, or under Entertainment with "Illuminations"

Of course, they could just stick with 21 numbers, and continue to list everything under each pavilion.

Orlando Theme Park News has pictures of the new maps...
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/03/walt-disney-world-resort-new-2013-park.html

Magic Kingdom is going up to 75 (Wishes and Celebrate the Magic in Entertainment, The Giggle Gang, Main Street Characters, Dapper Dans, Main Street Philharmonic Orchestra not added to map at all, which is a shame)

Epcot is going up to 40 (counts 13 Future World attractions, counts Innoventions as 2, and gives each World Showcase Pavilion 1 number - no mention of any acts, Meet n Greets apart from the Character Spot and Duffy - which is a shame, as it makes World Showcase look even more like a giant food court (it is, but if they had listed their 20 acts and 10 meet and greets, it would have spaced out the knife and fork logo a bit))

Hollywood Studios is going up to 46 (no acts mentioned, or the addition of AFI/Hall of Fame - Play and Dine is not numbered seperately)

Downtown Disney is split up into Play, Dine and Shop - for a total of 75

HMF

New Covers:
Guidemap_CS_FullSize_6fea9f1c-6f36-4b60-92b8-0a8275e15d14.jpg

DAK Map:
Guidemap_dak%2520map.png
I thought that Epcot would be changing it's logo after Marty Sklar dissed the current one at the 30th Anniversary and the old logotype appeared on New Test Track merchandise. I guess not.

Genie of the Lamp

Faulty compass? Overcast day and they couldn't see the sun and it's location in the sky?

Where's weatherman Iger when you need him.;) The thing I really find amazing with these new park maps is what their definition of an attraction is. I mean who ever would've though that DHS (smallest park) would have 48 attractions. They're fulfilling our wishes and building more attractions.:rolleyes:

Cosmic Commando

So "Disney Photopass" lost its " 's ". It spreads.

I like them, but I don't love them. I don't think they need the "swoosh" on the front... you have some of the most photogenic places in the world, you don't need to wrap them up in a Powerpoint template! I like the look of the new renderings of the parks themselves, but does anyone else think it makes them look empty? Especially MK and DAK?

PREMiERdrum

Granted, the most recent event in MK is New Fantasyland, but they could have done a lot better than that...
<- How about my icon over there?

Exactly... Belle in the village, and vista of Beast's castle or Prince Eric's castle... anything but a beloved character stuck on the front of a boat.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Haha I wish it wasn't. My DOB was listed correctly on the site but apparently it still thinks I'm as old as I was when I opened the account. I wonder if my wife realizes she's my parent/guardian yet? :D

you mean when you first opened the account you put in the wrong year? Unless you mean you opened the profile 16+ years ago?

For COPPA reasons, if a user submits a age or DOB that makes them a child initially - you don't change their status if they simply change their DOB. Because what happens is.. a kid submits a DOB.. logs in.. and finds out they are crippled.. so then they go in and lie about their age to get around the restriction. You don't let that happen. Of course, the kid could have lied about their age to start with, but that's the fun you have to deal with for unverified accounts.

PUSH

The covers are decent, but I prefer the old ones. The insides are decent as well, but I also prefer the old ones. That one thing I really dislike is how they face north. I think that will confuse guests. Maybe it's just me and my nostalgia, but I prefer the old ones. It probably will just take some time to get used to.

djlaosc

I like the look of the new maps. Having things to scale is a nice feature. Is it just me or does having the MK map at scale really make you wish they would replace the speedway with 1 or 2 new rides? That thing really takes up some serious real estate.

You could say the same about the Jungle Cruise and the Rivers of America (and the space behind Monsters Inc/Carousel of Progress).

I don't think that they should get rid of the Tomorrowland Speedway, but I do think they should improve it (change the layout - use up less land, change the location - move to the other side of the train track?, add scenery - futuristic/foliage and change the fuel - electric/sun/other futuristic method?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom