New MuppetVision Posters up in Extended Que

Skyway

Some of you just like to jump to the same canned negative responses.

You clearly don't get it.

These aren't "commercials" to promote Disney movies, dreamed up by marketing.

These posters are a way to make the EXTREMELY dated Muppets characters feel fresh and modern.

Some characters (like Mickey) are timeless.

Others, like Mr. Magoo, The Banana Splits, and HR Puffinstuff are dated.

Due to their sporatic exposure over the years, most people associate the Muppets with the 70's--- an image Disney needs to break for the characters to become relevant again.

For Ms Piggy to be able to spoof Hannah Montana means she's not stuck in the 70s. Same with the other posters.

And unlike other characters that live in their own "worlds", the Muppets have always lived in the present, contemporary world (hence the guest stars that always appear with them).

This is simply the Muppets doing what they've always done---spoofing the pop culture of their era.

To try to read anything beyond that shows you are just TRYING to be negative.

IlikeDW

These posters are a way to make the EXTREMELY dated Muppets characters feel fresh and modern.

Due to their sporatic exposure over the years, most people associate the Muppets with the 70's--- an image Disney needs to break for the characters to become relevant again.

For Ms Piggy to be able to spoof Hannah Montana means she's not stuck in the 70s. Same with the other posters.

And unlike other characters that live in their own "worlds", the Muppets have always lived in the present, contemporary world (hence the guest stars that always appear with them).

This is simply the Muppets doing what they've always done---spoofing the pop culture of their era.

Nailed it :sohappy:

_Scar

I REALLY hope Muppets make a huge comeback. Their new ad campaign made me laugh out loud each time (very hard to do).

the-reason14

This is cool! But will people really get to see these? Is that part of the que ever used, does it draw enough people to be used? And yea, they probably could have done better with the movie choices, but its disney. And HSM and no talent montanah dont really need "promotion" and it works because like another poster says it makes it relevent.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I knew someone was going to look at it like that. I look at it as funny jokes like the Muppets are known for. :lol:

I agree. There's no need to knock these as they're obviously just liitle spoofs and not meant to have a great deal of "creative" granduer.

I did like the line they used from "Alien" though........

EPCOTPluto

These posters are great! :lol: Especially like the Pirates and HS Mayhem. :)

So are the other posters there gone now? :shrug:

plutoismyhero

BOOM...I dont think Jim Henson could have said it better.

Animaniac93-98

Shouldn't it be Beak-R? Other than that they're fine. I like the High School Mayhem best, that looks 600x better than the movie it's parodying.

I do however hope they do not replace Muppet Vision with a new movie. Nothing will top what they have now. Upgrade the projectors and effects by all means but a new movie without Jim Henson's involvement would just be disappointing compared to the original.

DisneyMusician2

Shouldn't it be Beak-R? Other than that they're fine. I like the High School Mayhem best, that looks 600x better than the movie it's parodying.

I do however hope they do not replace Muppet Vision with a new movie. Nothing will top what they have now. Upgrade the projectors and effects by all means but a new movie without Jim Henson's involvement would just be disappointing compared to the original.

Muppet 3D is the best show on property, I don't think they will change it. I don't find it outdated, and hope as well that it gets the same digital upgrades as have other shows.

Testtrack321

They aren't replacing the movie, just cleaning it up, enhancing, and making it Disney Digital.

hwdelien

"Hannah Montana and Miss Piggy"

Do you really think that's the level of funny/corny/whatever that the Muppets are known for?

It sounds like lazy comedy writing to me, and I use the term comedy very loosely.

But at least this confirms they should never try updating Muppetvision. If this is the kind of humor that would be in a new 3D movie, forget about it. I'll take Henson's genius over this indefinitely.

come on "In space no one can hear you MEEP!" I couldn't stop laughing.

amypooh

I really hope that there will be a store in DHS selling these, I'd love to have the PotA and Beak-E posters for my "disney room"

EpcotServo

Terrible. As one intimately familar with my favorite extended queue, those aren't even 1/100ths the quality of the originals. Can anyone confirm which ones are still there?

Seriously, went from having a billion jokes to like one per poster. Plus if it kills the "Another ____ from Muppet Labs" gag, I'll be even more upset.

Few of the Originals:

picture.php

"Filmed in 3-D: The Apartment, not the Effect."

picture.php

"Another blatant rip-off from Muppet Labs."

picture.php

"Filmed in Wetorama: So real, your fingers will get all pruney"

So many jokes you can barely read all of them in one photograph...

And don't even get me started on including Wild Hogs, a film so mind crushingly awful that even parodying it is in poor taste.

:brick:

EpcotServo

Servo, were they all plastered everywhere?

Truthfully, I barely remember the extended queue, the last back in 2005.

There are tons of them, those are just three. The Movie Posters go completely around the building until you get to the end of the Queue by Premiere Theater. The queue never really ever reaches the big part of the queue behind the building though. I'm hoping they just replaced the few the queue sometimes reaches, and kept the ones back in the back in place, but if they replaced those...Great, Now I'm in Despair! I'm in Despair over jokes that are neither cheesy or actually funny on my favorite show!

Ashitaka

Seriously, went from having a billion jokes to like one per poster. ....
So many jokes you can barely read all of them in one photograph...
I think this says more about the current state of movie posters than the creativity of the Disney people who came up with these. "Back in the day" a movie one-sheet had far more going on - several images, a bunch of text describing the film, and the main film credits. Nowadays, a one-sheet will just have one main image, the movie's title (most of the time), a tag-line (some of the time) and of, course, the film's rating. Thus not a whole lot to work with if you are trying to parody a specific movie poster. That PoTC one for instance is pretty much a dead ringer of the real Johnny Depp one. There really is no way to work in any extra jokes and still have it look like the real poster.

The subtitle of "At Wit's End" made me smile though.

I'm just happy Disney is finally doing stuff with the Muppets. Hell, they even worked Gonzo and Animal into Dancing with the Stars last week. (my girlfriend makes me watch that -- really :zipit:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom