New Muppet Ride?

Crazy Harry

I always thought that the muppets would be a great addtion to the imagination pavillion at Epcot. Continuing with the imagination institute theme, the muppets could take over the old image works area and have it themed to 'muppet labs'. Bunsen and Beaker would meet you at the entrance and give an explaination of what to expect from the labs. Included would be many exhibits of a simular nature as image works, but with muppet AAs and a muppet theme. You could also have a return of the rainbow tunnel and have 'rainbow connection' playing as you walk thru, and if you remeber muppet babies, it would be fun to have doors that you open with clips of old movies behind them.

PolynesianPrincess

Personally, I would love to see Pizza Plant scraped and turned into a Muppet themed restaurant. Is Disney able to use the Muppets for meet and greets? I think I remember somewhere hearing that they couldn't but I'm not sure. Yeah, if it's possible, it'd be another character meal, but at least it's a different variety of characters than the usually Disney ones. I'd also love to see a Muppet dark themed ride somewhere in DHS. It would create a little more balance between thrill rides and family rides and take some of the strain off TSM. Just my opinion though.

iceman22

I always thought that the muppets would be a great addtion to the imagination pavillion at Epcot. Continuing with the imagination institute theme, the muppets could take over the old image works area and have it themed to 'muppet labs'. Bunsen and Beaker would meet you at the entrance and give an explaination of what to expect from the labs. Included would be many exhibits of a simular nature as image works, but with muppet AAs and a muppet theme. You could also have a return of the rainbow tunnel and have 'rainbow connection' playing as you walk thru, and if you remeber muppet babies, it would be fun to have doors that you open with clips of old movies behind them.

I love this idea! Since Journey into Imagination is joke they could close that down and replace it with the ride about the Muppets and they could cross it over with Figment so people won't be sad about him being gone.

Cmdr_Crimson

I love this idea! Since Journey into Imagination is joke they could close that down and replace it with the ride about the Muppets and they could cross it over with Figment so people won't be sad about him being gone.

Interestingly enough that Dave Golez the puppeteer who does Gonzo is the Voice of Figment in the 3rd version.

dr_teeth90210

Interestingly enough that Dave Golez the puppeteer who does Gonzo is the Voice of Figment in the 3rd version.

Wow.... I love figment and the Muppets yet I've never known this. So Figment/Gonzo/Beeker/ Uncle Traveling Matt/ Boober Fraggle/ Earl Sinclair/ Dr. Bunsen Honeydew & Waldorf are all one in the same.

Very cool.

FigmentJedi

I'd still be upset if Figment was gone. Even with his ride being weak now.

Instead of a straight Muppet attraction, why not collaborate with the Jim Henson Company and Brian Froud and give the old Dreamfinder and Figment storyline the visual feel of Dark Crystal and Labyrinth? Would be beautiful

baymenxpac

i think the imagination idea has tons of legs, and it kind of wins at all levels.

a) you could keep figment in it, and have an interaction between the muppets and figment, which i would think would please hardcore disney fans by retaining an original (and awesome) character and giving him some very popular friends to create an original storyline with.

b) the pavilion gets a much-needed face lift, and thus draws some traffic from the land.

c) gives the muppets a bigger presence, thus allowing disney have their ever-important synergy between the parks and studios division. the movie franchise should also help drive merchandising.

d) the story, if done well, could be a perfect marriage.

i'd sign up for it.

TinkerBelle8878

I like the idea of adding the Muppets to Journey too. And then there can be a new 3d movie in the theater instead of Captain Eo.

The Pavillion is already set up as a 'lab' right? Why not make it the Muppet Labs? Its already referenced in the DHS movie. It would be cross promotional with that park. 'Visit Muppet Labs in Epcot's Future World and take your own journey to imagination!'

However the ride has to be gutted and made into something Figment and Muppets worthy. I didn't like NIgel Channing but I do love Dr. Honeydew and Beeker. It would just be pivotal how to meld the two into something great.

invader

I like the idea of adding the Muppets to Journey too. And then there can be a new 3d movie in the theater instead of Captain Eo.

The Pavillion is already set up as a 'lab' right? Why not make it the Muppet Labs? Its already referenced in the DHS movie. It would be cross promotional with that park. 'Visit Muppet Labs in Epcot's Future World and take your own journey to imagination!'

However the ride has to be gutted and made into something Figment and Muppets worthy. I didn't like NIgel Channing but I do love Dr. Honeydew and Beeker. It would just be pivotal how to meld the two into something great.

Honestly, no non-original characters should be in EPCOT Center at all.

RSoxNo1

Honestly, no non-original characters should be in EPCOT Center at all.

I'm inclined to agree, based on the current usage but I wouldn't rule it out entirely. I don't think Nemo in The Seas is bad, but I feel that all of Pixar should be located in the Studios - the problem is, this pavilion desperately needed something to revitalize it.

Gran Fiesta Tour was a lateral move so that can be removed as well.

AEfx

I'm inclined to agree, based on the current usage but I wouldn't rule it out entirely. I don't think Nemo in The Seas is bad, but I feel that all of Pixar should be located in the Studios - the problem is, this pavilion desperately needed something to revitalize it.

Gran Fiesta Tour was a lateral move so that can be removed as well.

I am very much in favor of ceasing the Pixar-ification of everything, but I do love Nemo. In fact, I believe you agree on this point, I prefer it to the subs at Disneyland. It's appropriate - undersea film, undersea ride. If they had put Toy Story in there, it would have been different.

I have no problem with Donald in Mexico, either. At least there is something fun for the kids now, and it's not like they changed it that much. And although some would cringe - I keep hoping at some point we will get the characters added to IASW like they did at Disneyland. It sounds tacky, but once you ride it you see how very, very well done it was, the characters all in the style of the dolls, and having fun trying to pick them out of the crowd. They are in the appropriate countries, and really add to it without taking away the original.

That said, I also really have no problem with new franchises being used. For example, although I have never seen the films, Iron Man/Stark Expo would be a fabulous idea for something at Epcot. I understand people who are of the opinion that Epcot shouldn't have characters at all, but I don't get the "non-original" part. It doesn't make it any more or less appropriate to me.

So I'd love the Muppets to take over the imagination pavillion - IF we got a REALLY NICE LONG DARK ride out of it. I don't care so much what they are doing, I just want to live my childhood fantasy of seeing the Muppets live. Plus, there is a whole theater right there they could use for a new Muppet Show. :)

Win-win-win, 'specially if they keep Figment and bring back Dreamfinder at the same time. Wait, I think I just designed the ride - the Muppets have to help Figment find Dreamfinder, and at the end we find him on his cloud car. :)

(Disney, no need to send me a check - but a FOTL pass to the attraction would be nice.)

RSoxNo1

I am very much in favor of ceasing the Pixar-ification of everything, but I do love Nemo. In fact, I believe you agree on this point, I prefer it to the subs at Disneyland. It's appropriate - undersea film, undersea ride. If they had put Toy Story in there, it would have been different.

I have no problem with Donald in Mexico, either. At least there is something fun for the kids now, and it's not like they changed it that much. And although some would cringe - I keep hoping at some point we will get the characters added to IASW like they did at Disneyland. It sounds tacky, but once you ride it you see how very, very well done it was, the characters all in the style of the dolls, and having fun trying to pick them out of the crowd. They are in the appropriate countries, and really add to it without taking away the original.

That said, I also really have no problem with new franchises being used. For example, although I have never seen the films, Iron Man/Stark Expo would be a fabulous idea for something at Epcot. I understand people who are of the opinion that Epcot shouldn't have characters at all, but I don't get the "non-original" part. It doesn't make it any more or less appropriate to me.

So I'd love the Muppets to take over the imagination pavillion - IF we got a REALLY NICE LONG DARK ride out of it. I don't care so much what they are doing, I just want to live my childhood fantasy of seeing the Muppets live. Plus, there is a whole theater right there they could use for a new Muppet Show. :)

Win-win-win, 'specially if they keep Figment and bring back Dreamfinder at the same time. Wait, I think I just designed the ride - the Muppets have to help Figment find Dreamfinder, and at the end we find him on his cloud car. :)

(Disney, no need to send me a check - but a FOTL pass to the attraction would be nice.)

I agree on everything except The Muppets in Imagination - I'm not really feeling that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom