New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

The Empress Lilly

ameradv12.jpg
Hah! I had a hunch the uniforms would be inspired by the modern outfit of the Voices of liberty. We know WDW by now, they're pefectly predictable. Their bad decisions unfold like a train wreck in slow motion, you can see it happening one painful step at a time.
Here it is:

aa.jpg
That doesn't even look like a flight attendant. That looks like 'clueless clown'.

If you put a man in a suit, make him look sharp. No bright circus colours, no double-breasted when out of place, no gold-coloured buttons unless on a boat. Etc. The guy looks like a tool.
This costume is fit for Storybook Circus. Not for the dignified surroundings of the AA.

The ladies wear is slightly more palatable. In fact, fair's fair, perhaps not even all that bad! But still horribly misplaced in the AA.

muse1983

This is a decision that could easily be switched back and hopefully if enough people groan about it this won't last long...

lazyboy97o

This is a decision that could easily be switched back and hopefully if enough people groan about it this won't last long...
That would depend on how long the old costumes are kept around. If they are quickly tossed, the new designs are here until it can be justified to undergo the expense of designing and making another set of new costumes.

packwingfn

Well the old costumes will still be around as they are the same costume for the Hall of Presidents so maybe if we complain about how bad they are, (as do the cast members that have to wear them!) then they could easily go back to the original costume since they would still have them in stock for the Hall of Presidents cast.

COProgressFan

Not true. It's a colonial building, but not set in colonial times. We have plenty of colonial buildings here in CT that serve as courthouses, townhalls, schools, etc. The people inside dress in 2012 clothing.

But the colonial building in question is not in New Haven, but a theme park, with piped in colonial era music, a colonial fife and drum corps, etc. It explicitly is not the outside world and is designed to evoke some sort of semblance of time and place.

Add to that the fact that the costumes just look godawful....

Tom

Beta Return
I held off on passing judgement on the actual costumes....until now.

I dislike them very much. They do indeed look like flight attendant uniforms, or something else equally 1990s.

aladdin2007

The new AA costumes are hideous,,,but I do like the new ones for Rose and Crown so far. Why Im not sure but those dont seem as bad.

Lucille

I also waited to see the drawing before I made a judgement. Wow....those are really hideous. They are WORSE than flight attendant outfits. And as someone else mentioned...very 1990's.

Captain Chaos

So updating the AA uniform for females means tying a red scarf around this American Airlines FA outfit from 1976
http://aastewardess.com/1970s/081.jpg

Way to modernize.

Well maybe the brilliant minds who made this decision thought AA stood for American airlines, not American Adventure, though flying American Airlines was an adventure LOL...

That is what happens when you do not enter the park you manage and have no idea what is actually IN your park... :)

John

Oh Jimmmmmmmy oh Jimmmmmy.....where you at? I oh so want to hear your spin on this. please please please chime in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom