New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

Texas84

The only people that I can see this having an effect on is the Early Morning Magic peeps. Hopefully they can still walk through the castle and hopefully Fantasyland still stays closed to the masses until exactly 9am.

Disneyland already deals with this. There is a marked entrance for early mornings and a roped off walkway to the attractions. So there is some experience there. Extra work for CMs. Not sure if they could go through the castle though. Don't remember.

The_Jobu

Ah the restrooms! I didn't even think of that, and it's one of the main things I usually have to consider lol.

I'm still trying to figure out when profit became a dirty word. Or when the exchange of goods at a price became a horrible occurrence. I'm wondering if everyone who hates the idea of Disney making money enjoys receiving a paycheck every week.

:rolleyes:

Good afternoon Stamps.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I went to see the welcome show for the first time ever this past July... Got up an hour early and everything, forced my 4 college-aged friends as well to come with me... Aaannnd.... It was.. Eh? Crowded, unpleasant, and just kind of an okay tiny little.. Well. Welcome show. Wasn't really worth all of the effort.

I can understand it being sentimental due to nostalgia or childhood, but for me. It was. Eh.

I'll be a lot more interested in the welcome show when it moves to this new location! It will give us more time to look around main street.

21stamps

:rolleyes:

Good afternoon Stamps.
Omg. I don't understand why any and every simple comment that I make ends up being so focused on by a certain select few on this site.

I'll try a relatable scenario-

When Starbucks opens earlier/stays open later on Black Friday, which do we say? (With the exception of @Mr Ferret 88 )

1. Starbucks is ONLY extending their hours so that they can make money off of us!!

OR

2. Hooray!! I can go through a drive thru and get a caffeine fix while I'm out all night shopping!!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Omg. I don't understand why any and every simple comment that I make ends up being so focused on by a certain select few on this site.

I'll try a relatable scenario-

When Starbucks opens earlier/stays open later on Black Friday, which do we say? (With the exception of @Mr Ferret 88 )

1. Starbucks is ONLY extending their hours so that they can make money off of us!!

OR

2. Hooray!! I can go through a drive thru and get a caffeine fix while I'm out all night shopping!!
Who says it's not both?

The_Jobu

It is both. That is what me and @CaptainAmerica were saying. It is mutually beneficial.

I could explain why people so often react to your hyperbolic posting style, but that would inevitably result in more hyperbole, bickering and willful ignorance.

Also, unlike a select few, I have no desire to be rude, that's always childish.

I am actually quite glad you are here with us, you are nothing if not entertaining and discussion-provking. :)

Speedy71

Only TDO can claim they are "enhancing" something by taking it back to the way it was done years ago, when it was a much better experience. Honestly, their press releases in recent years are enough to make one want to vomit. Repeatedly.

Agreed.
giphy.gif

Bandini

I went to see the welcome show for the first time ever this past July... Got up an hour early and everything, forced my 4 college-aged friends as well to come with me... Aaannnd.... It was.. Eh? Crowded, unpleasant, and just kind of an okay tiny little.. Well. Welcome show. Wasn't really worth all of the effort.

I can understand it being sentimental due to nostalgia or childhood, but for me. It was. Eh.

I'll be a lot more interested in the welcome show when it moves to this new location! It will give us more time to look around main street.
There are a lot of little things at WDW and DLR that people like, but they're not "wows" . The Welcome Show and the Kiss Goodnight are 2 examples at WDW. I doubt you'll find the new show any more exciting and I think it will still be crowded. On the bright side, rope drop will be closer to the attractions.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There are a lot of little things at WDW and DLR that people like, but they're not "wows" . The Welcome Show and the Kiss Goodnight are 2 examples at WDW. I doubt you'll find the new show any more exciting and I think it will still be crowded. On the bright side, rope drop will be closer to the attractions.
I don't really understand how it will "still be crowded"
Same amount of people spread out over a larger area will still be crowded ???

Bandini

I don't really understand how it will "still be crowded"
Same amount of people spread out over a larger area will still be crowded ???
I'm speaking from my experience at DL. Everyone bunches up to the rope drops at each land. So the starting gates have been moved but the areas behind the starting gates are crowded.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm speaking from my experience at DL. Everyone bunches up to the rope drops at each land. So the starting gates have been moved but the areas behind the starting gates are crowded.
There was some crowding at the ropes when they used to do this at WDW but nowhere near as bad as in front of the station in my experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom