New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

Ag11gani

Hopefully! ;)
Picture-of-Walt-Disney-World-Castle_Landscape-1024x697.jpg

It could be worse! :D
19874273_7905e195ae_b.jpg

brb1006

No, I mean that they put too much focus on stage performances over the atmosphere of the area. Sure, the shows can be nice every once in awhile, but it's becoming too much.
I miss when WDW early 2000's stage show (Cinderella's Surprise) actually had characters on Cinderella Castle besides the main stage. Making the show more lively compered to the modern ones.

Bandini

We loved the Welcome Show. It was always on our list of must-dos at least once a trip. Sometimes it's the little things that add the Disney "magic"

There are so many noisy Castle shows every day, so this was something different at least.
That's the thing I find the most annoying. Why is the volume cranked for all of these shows? Wouldn't it be great if they cut the volume in half?

Kman101

Big D's?!?!? Oh Dear....That wouldn't fly in the US Parks....:hilarious:

Have you seen video of Tokyo Disneyland's "A Table is Waiting"? It's going away soon but man that's the most bizarre show I've seen so far. LOL. I couldn't imagine that in the US parks. I think they do a great job but it's just ... interesting. It's also interesting how it seems only us Americans clap like fools after a song or any kind of performance.

Cmdr_Crimson

Have you seen video of Tokyo Disneyland's "A Table is Waiting"? It's going away soon but man that's the most bizarre show I've seen so far. LOL. I couldn't imagine that in the US parks. I think they do a great job but it's just ... interesting. It's also interesting how it seems only us Americans clap like fools after a song or any kind of performance.

It's basically the Be Our Guest Sequence form BaTBLoS as a full out show.........

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
For the railroad fans, here's another plus to the discontinuation of the current Welcome Show. Presently, the WDWRR uses one set of passenger cars specifically for the Welcome Show-they don't have railings on the left side of the cars so the performers can get out on the lagoon side. Once the show is over, they travel back to the round house and don't get used again until the next morning. Now that the show has been discontinued, the safety railings on the left can be reinstalled, freeing up another set of passenger cars for daily use. With the Lilly Belle back from it's multi-year rebuild, maybe we'll see three trains out on the tracks more often (after the upcoming refurb of course).

brb1006

How about Cool The Heat for the summer time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom