New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

DashboardCowMan

I never saw the crowded nightmare others speak of. Last time I saw it was June, so maybe it got worse. I hate to see it go. There is something special about seeing the cast arrive by train (a symbol of Walt to me), and line up along the guard rail where everyone can see them open Magic Kingdom. I can only hope this is temporary.
p.s. If you hate crowds, you are at the wrong place anyway. ;)

Andy_0410

So glad I booked an early breakfast for next week so get to see the park empty for opening
Even though seen the old show once before need to take advantage of being there for the final week this is run

The Duck

Ironically, this is similar to how it was done in the mid 70's. We entered Main St. sometime before opening and at 9:00 am we heard an announcement introducing the Walt Disney Characters. Then the music started playing and Mickey and the rest came skipping out of the castle towards a swarm of guests. Utter pandemonium! Anyway, I love the Welcome Show and I'm sad to see it go.

Bacon

Ironically, this is similar to how it was done in the mid 70's. We entered Main St. sometime before opening and at 9:00 am we heard an announcement introducing the Walt Disney Characters. Then the music started playing and Mickey and the rest came skipping out of the castle towards a swarm of guests. Utter pandemonium! Anyway, I love the Welcome Show and I'm sad to see it go.
R E T U R N I N G T O T H E M I D 7 0 ' S !

jrhwdw

R E T U R N I N G T O T H E M I D 7 0 ' S !
OH NO! You mean we're returning ton the times of just Character Cavalcades and 70's Fantasy In The Sky???
  • ;)
Back on Topic, does anyone know if the Trolley Dancers are still in this? The description on the Parks Blog doesn't thrill me. The Trolley Show is still scheduled so I don't think that's in danger. I don't see MRFF though after the 8th, maybe were too far out?

Kman101

I'm seeing mixed comments on their little blog. Most agree crowding is a problem, I agree completely with that, and it will be nice to be on Main Street before park opens. I just don't want to see the charm of the current show going away. If you haven't witnessed it and shed a tear then I don't know what to say, lol. It's really charming as it is. But sadly the crowding makes it a little less enjoyable. It's dangerous. I have such mixed feelings. I'll wait to see how the new opening is handled. Sure it's going back to the way it used to be but dang it I love the opening show as it is. Oh well.

DisneyPrincess5

I'm seeing mixed comments on their little blog. Most agree crowding is a problem, I agree completely with that, and it will be nice to be on Main Street before park opens. I just don't want to see the charm of the current show going away. If you haven't witnessed it and shed a tear then I don't know what to say, lol. It's really charming as it is. But sadly the crowding makes it a little less enjoyable. It's dangerous. I have such mixed feelings. I'll wait to see how the new opening is handled. Sure it's going back to the way it used to be but dang it I love the opening show as it is. Oh well.
I share a similar feeling. Sad to see it go and change, but the crowd has gotten ridiculous and this new way would help security and entry run smoother. Ya win some, ya lose some I guess. Cue The Scorpions "Wind of Change"...

ToTBellHop

Lol security my behind. They want people in the park earlier to spend money! I feel sorry for those with breakfast adrs, there goes your premium experience.
Premium experience? You were always paying for food, not exclusive use of MK. Somehow I doubt there will be much rabble in your way for a breakfast reservation an hour before opening. Just because the entry gates will now open an hour early doesn't mean the Dothraki hoard will descend on the park.

This solves a serious safety issue. Thousands of people crammed into a crowded entry area is unsafe. No one is being forced to fork over any money, but having my Starbucks latte in hand before the park even opens sounds nice to me.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The opening early allows the gates to be less of a choke point... allows the crowd to diffuse in vs let in all at once.. gives people an opportunity to get something from mainstreet for breakfast (win, win).

Let's be honest, the crowd wasn't due to the opening show.. it's due to the opening of the park. Why not just do a lesser show when they open main street?

disney4life2008

Premium experience? You were always paying for food, not exclusive use of MK. Somehow I doubt there will be much rabble in your way for a breakfast reservation an hour before opening. Just because the entry gates will now open an hour early doesn't mean the Dothraki hoard will descend on the park.

This solves a serious safety issue. Thousands of people crammed into a crowded entry area is unsafe. No one is being forced to fork over any money, but having my Starbucks latte in hand before the park even opens sounds nice to me.

Obviously you haven't arrived at rope drop

Kman101

It's a sign of the times. The entry plaza wasn't designed for what it has to do now, as good as the current show is.

Now to bring them back to the other three parks again.

At least Animal Kingdom's, I really liked theirs, and they now have a bit more space in front of the tree, though don't they do something with the birds as a way to open to the park now?

Mad Stitch

I never did get to see the full welcome show. Every time I was there for rope drop they always did the abbreviated (no train) welcome.

I'm going to miss that feeling of walking down Main Street with all the other rope droppers as the Main Street cast members stand on the curb and wave as they wish everyone a good morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom