New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

21stamps

i.e. an extra hour for guests to spend $$$

If this was actually to do with guest flow surely they would have done this for the holidays?

Depending on the timings I can foresee no-one waiting near the castle because they will want to be at the entrance to the lands for rope drop and the show getting quietly cut.

Crikey, this forum has made me cynical. :eek:
I'm not a rope drop person. I have done a BOG ppo twice and Early Morning Magic once.
We have never seen the Welcome Show, but it's definitely mandatory at some point. If I'm going at 8am without reservations I would much rather be on Main Street than standing outside of the park!

Starbucks will be wonderful.lol

JohnD

i.e. an extra hour for guests to spend $$$

If this was actually to do with guest flow surely they would have done this for the holidays?

Depending on the timings I can foresee no-one waiting near the castle because they will want to be at the entrance to the lands for rope drop and the show getting quietly cut.

Crikey, this forum has made me cynical. :eek:

You're right. Yes it does help with the security bottleneck. But they will be in MS. Why not open gift shops and the bakery? $$$

Donaldfan1934

I say either do it at the train station or just have an announcement like Disneyland does. I understand that the front of the park may have become too overcrowded to continue doing that, but the castle stage is a WAY overused.

Didn't Disneyland used to open up Main Street before rope drop? I honestly think it's a good idea. Congestion in the front can get to be a lot, plus from the sound of it, the show itself will better reflect the current main theming of Magic Kingdom (similar to New Fantasyland, Festival of Fantasy, MRFF, etc.).

JohnD

Didn't Disneyland used to open up Main Street before rope drop? I honestly think it's a good idea. Congestion in the front can get to be a lot, plus from the sound of it, the show itself will better reflect the current main theming of Magic Kingdom (similar to New Fantasyland, Festival of Fantasy, MRFF, etc.).

Don't know but DL doesn't have a lagoon behind the main entrance. For MK, makes sense considering the improvements to security they are working on. Plus guests spending $$$ in MS doesn't hurt.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes..They still do this and with their security also being reconfigured it does help getting the guests into the park quicker...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom