New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Cmdr_Crimson

That... was weird.

It's even stranger seeing Chip and Dale when they use them on rare occasions...
latest

GiveMeTheMusic

Yeah I just wasn't sure. Hopefully with him being in the show maybe he'll be out for M&Gs with Tiana?

If the new show follows precedent, an articulated Louis will be involved. That won't make him any more likely for meet n greets, except in contingency castle show situations. If you want to meet him real bad, he's at Disneyland every day on the Mark Twain riverboat with Tiana and Dr. Facilier.

Brad Bishop

First I find it odd that people would even notice the differences. Yeah, put them side by side and I can tell some minor differences but that's about it.

Second, it strikes me odd that someone would consider the new ones horrible based on the differences shown.

Compare today's Mickey with some of the creepier, early Mickey's and I'm on board with saying the really early ones were REALLY bad. I remember it taking them up until around the early 1980s to really get the costumes (not just Mickey and Minnie) "right". Some of the Dwarfs back then were giant heads sporting moo moos.

brb1006

First I find it odd that people would even notice the differences. Yeah, put them side by side and I can tell some minor differences but that's about it.

Second, it strikes me odd that someone would consider the new ones horrible based on the differences shown.

Compare today's Mickey with some of the creepier, early Mickey's and I'm on board with saying the really early ones were REALLY bad. I remember it taking them up until around the early 1980s to really get the costumes (not just Mickey and Minnie) "right". Some of the Dwarfs back then were giant heads sporting moo moos.
They looked even goofier in the 60's
s-l1000.jpg

At least they outfits looked close to there original clothing from the film. But I'm laughing so hard at Sneezy and Dopey. Unlike there redesign in the late 70's and early 80's Dopey's ears used to wiggle back in the 60's era look.

JustInTime

They looked even goofier in the 60's
s-l1000.jpg

At least they outfits looked close to there original clothing from the film. But I'm laughing so hard at Sneezy and Dopey. Unlike there redesign in the late 70's and early 80's Dopey's ears used to wiggle back in the 60's era look.
I kind of love the retro style here

Donaldfan1934

I think we noticed largely because of how much more accurate the eyes are. Notice how the eyes of the previous versions aren't as accurate in shape, have a wired black eye shadow around them, and are sometimes had a blank stare. Yes, they were generally accurate, but the new face sculpts are noticeably more on model while the previous version have unique costume specific touches.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom