New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yeah, I can see people just deciding to stay under it and not get wet, keeping people from actually trying to leave from getting out.
In that case, they could likely just station a few cast members (unlike the large number they currently set out there) to "encourage" folks to keep moving.

I can just see them now. "Excuse me, please keep moving, if you would like to linger, try The Emporium or one of our other magical shopping experiences. They would be much more comfortable".

rct247

Well first off, sorry to draw all over Scott Keating's photo, but when I first heard about his project I just assumed they would put a bunch of construction walls back here because anything would be an improvement and anytime there is something they don't want you to see construction walls seem to be the solution, but then I saw this photo and noticed there's been quite a few changes to this back stage area

msbypass2.jpg

Just to the right of were the planters used to be they dug up this large irregular shaped area of the parking lot which to me looks like a foundation for... something? and the fact that this area stops just before it reaches the utilidor tunnel was interesting as well because if they are digging a foundation for something there stoping before they reach the utilidor.
e

I have only heard this from one person so take it with a grain of salt, but the small rectangle that juts out from the building below the "R" in "Tank Removed" is an existing small cast cafeteria. The rumor was that perhaps that foundation was a new location because the existing one is so small.

I wonder if there will be a connection to center street?

maxairmike

I doubt that, because 99% of the cast dining areas are connected to a guest-facing food kitchen as well, and it doesn't look like they're preparing for any utilities connections like gas and water. It is likely just where they'll put the foundations for flat building facades.

A connection to Center St. is possible, but I don't think it will happen.

ToTBellHop

I doubt that, because 99% of the cast dining areas are connected to a guest-facing food kitchen as well, and it doesn't look like they're preparing for any utilities connections like gas and water. It is likely just where they'll put the foundations for flat building facades.

A connection to Center St. is possible, but I don't think it will happen.
Maybe they are building a concrete slab to hold themed porto-potties like the ones that come out on NYE.

ABQ

You could have provided a closer view! I can make out the MK and the cleared areas for the 5th and 6th gates (note you can see the buried monorail footers connecting them), but you really have to zoom in to see the new MK arcades. Gee, they really do look like Paris, don't they? :D
@ISTCNavigator57 Did they empty Groom Lake to make the new Eight Seas Lagoon?

MissM

Just for ease of comparison, here's google's overhead view and @tl77 's change notions side-by-side. You can clearly see the white tank and the planters in the satellite view.

backstage-google.jpg

msbypass2.jpg

CDavid

I wouldn't be surprised that the foundation is for a last stop store.

That would seem to imply they expect to be using the bypass on more than an occasional basis. A minimally done corridor ("just better than what's there now") is acceptable if its also used like now; if they're going to open it more often, it needs to be more fully themed (more like Paris, perhaps).

wogwog

any news/photos on this? thought it was supposed to be done by Christmas
Peeked at it Friday. Still just a walled in area with the pavement removed. Moving utilities like light poles and underground pipes. Don't expect pretty or much if any theme.

Tom

Beta Return
I can't figure out what the work in the parking lot is for. It doesn't seem like it's pertinent to this backstage corridor they're creating.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't figure out what the work in the parking lot is for. It doesn't seem like it's pertinent to this backstage corridor they're creating.

That looks like a construction trailer in one corner. I would think it would have to be a pretty significant project if they needed a trailer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom