New Magic Kingdom parade?

aladdin2007

Yes, definitely was a good one! But did you know most of the floats were actually just reused units from other parades? AND the parade was only six floats long. The Beauty and the Beast float came from DL and was used in the early 90s during their annual "fantasy on parade" at christmas (now THERE was a parade, check out some youtube vids - TONS of floats and performers). I'm pretty sure Aladdin's float came from one of the Aladdin parades and of course the castle float which has been going for decades was leading the procession.

The garden and Little Mermaid floats were new as far as I know, but I'm unsure as to whether the Lion King float came from another Lion King parade or was built new.

Anyway, just goes to show that if the floats are good and the parade is fun with a great soundtrack, even a little bit of recycling can give a great parade without needing the huge budget needed for an all-new parade.

Maybe if a few years ago management had a dig around backstage and in some other Disney parks, they could have found some floats to add to or replace the current "dreams" parade, it would certainly have broken the monotony of the same lineup year after year.

If they had stuck with the plan to bring over Disneylands Parade of Dreams, which was suppose to have happened, that would have been brand new for us and would have been a positive recycling.

mm52200

If they had stuck with the plan to bring over Disneylands Parade of Dreams, which was suppose to have happened, that would have been brand new for us and would have been a positive recycling.

But with the butchering that they did to BPB I'm afraid to see what they would of done to POD. Probably would of cut the acrobatics and showstops after like six months, take out a few floats...and then spray paint them and call it a new a parade.

Skipper03

I think that Disney has really seen the payoff for fantastic entertainment/shows when the WoC boosted DCA attendance and was a significant improvement to that park.

So the new WDW MK parade makes perfect sense, along with a new Fantasmic! Keep the excitement coming to WDW!

Weather_Lady

I have never seen an afternoon parade in the Magic Kingdom (we were always touring commando-style and jumping on E-tickets during the parade), but we were going to do it this year.

Objectively, what is sub-par about it? Should we just skip it? Is there another, better one we should consider?

BlackCauldron

I have never seen an afternoon parade in the Magic Kingdom (we were always touring commando-style and jumping on E-tickets during the parade), but we were going to do it this year.

Objectively, what is sub-par about it? Should we just skip it? Is there another, better one we should consider?

If you have NEVER seen any of the afternoon parades, then you have nothing to compare it to and you should find it enjoyable. I wouldn't recommend waiting an hour plus sitting on the sidewalk for it, but it's easy to enough to catch it in passing.

The issue with the current parade isn't that it is "sub-par" but that it is largely unchanged from the few that preceded it. The current parade (Celebrate a Dream Come True), it pretty much recycled floats from Disney Dreams Come True, Share A Dream Come True, and (I think) even Remember the Magic. Those of us that have seen them all will find the floats and scenes VERY familiar.

Don't waste your time with Move It, Shake It, (Get the Hell Out of My Way so I can Get to Space Mountain) Celebrate It. It's tragic.

When is Fantasmic going to be reworked? My son has been dying to see it, and when we went on Sunday, we got torentially rained out. Is it still going to be Sorcerer Mickey vs. Disney villians?

NewfieFan

I'm not fuss for it but you should make your own judgement. I much prefer AKs afternoon parade. I like the floats, the music, the characters seem to come a little closer,... I don't know what it is but if I make time for a parade that's the one I pick!

If you have NEVER seen any of the afternoon parades, then you have nothing to compare it to and you should find it enjoyable. I wouldn't recommend waiting an hour plus sitting on the sidewalk for it, but it's easy to enough to catch it in passing.

The issue with the current parade isn't that it is "sub-par" but that it is largely unchanged from the few that preceded it. The current parade (Celebrate a Dream Come True), it pretty much recycled floats from Disney Dreams Come True, Share A Dream Come True, and (I think) even Remember the Magic. Those of us that have seen them all will find the floats and scenes VERY familiar.

Don't waste your time with Move It, Shake It, (Get the Hell Out of My Way so I can Get to Space Mountain) Celebrate It. It's tragic.

Good points! The only thing I'll argue with is the MiSiCi street party part. I actually really enjoy that "parade"/street party. It adds so much energy to the MK during the day. I like the obscure characters it has as well. Sebastian has to be my favorite of the bunch!

wdw71fan

Festival of Fantasy will apparently be rolling just before the return (see: a week or so) of Spectro.. big 'all new parades' promotion with new fantasyland being the big push next spring/summer..

Also.. SDMT is VERY ahead of schedule... expect opening to be bumped up just a bit.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Festival of Fantasy will apparently be rolling just before the return (see: a week or so) of Spectro.. big 'all new parades' promotion with new fantasyland being the big push next spring/summer..

Also.. SDMT is VERY ahead of schedule... expect opening to be bumped up just a bit.
I know liking your post won't make it come true, but I really, really, really hope you are right about mine train. I will be there Nov 2013 and I am definitely hoping for an early arrival. A new parade would be really cool too.

jrh1985

Great news about SDMT!!!! However, how sure are you (anyone else can chime in here) about Festival Of Fantasy and Spectro??? Not saying you’re wrong, we just haven’t heard anything firm from insiders for awhile. The Spectro talk has been really quiet lately. Has MK even started construction on Festival Of Fantasy? Or are they reusing floats again? (Which is fine IMO)

I’m also a tiny bit worried about CTM as we haven’t heard anything lately, but I may be rushing it a bit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom