New Magic Kingdom parade?

JustInTime

Original Poster
There are some very healthy conversations going on around the Disney fandom about a new Magic Kingdom Parade that is most likely going to be announced. I think it's about time that wdwmagic got in on the rumors/discussions. Especially seeing what happened with the Al thread, we could use a fresh start.

So...the rumor is that Magic Kingdom will be getting a new parade called "Festival of Fantasy". It is rumored to be hitting WDW Spring 2012. I have also recently heard that work has already started on this new parade.

And btw, the new Fantasmic is pretty much a done deal. It's going to be "reworked" from what I have been told. Perhaps getting a new name/theme all together.

Jakester

Id love for a new Magic Kingdom Parade. Tried watching Celebrate a Dream Doesnt Come True Today and couldnt. i walked away.

And As Long as Fantasmic is still great idc

but what are your sources ???

JustInTime

Original Poster
Id love for a new Magic Kingdom Parade. Tried watching Celebrate a Dream Doesnt Come True Today and couldnt. i walked away.

And As Long as Fantasmic is still great idc

but what are your sources ???

One person I can't say. But the Parade talks are happening everywhere (other fan sites). I just happened to hear a name and figured it would be time to start a thread. I am by no means an insider, but everything I am hearing is adding up so far.

nemofinder22

ThemeParkOne seemed to have dropped the ball a few days ago and its suppose to be one done by Steve Davison and crew.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4658580&postcount=2

If all is true and such its about time MK gets a real, new up to par daytime parade. Cause lets face it the ::insert promo:: Dreams Come True parade is beyond horrendous, and is a terrible jumbled mess of themes. Although the current does have a catchy soundtrack.

It became even worse in 2005 when the new standard(IMO of course but the roster of parades below all have elements that take the parade into something more that just a dance and wave parade)in parades, debuted at with Parade of Dreams(DL) and Block Party Bash(DCA). Just kept getting worse when every other park got a brand new parade, Once Upon a Dream(DLP, 2007) Mickey's Water Works(HKDL, 2007) Pixar Play Parade(DCA 2008), Jubilation(TDL 2008 although the Tokyo parades are in a whole other league of their own), Flights of Fantasy(HKDL, 2011) and now Soundsational(DL 2011).

MK more than deserves a brand new parade(or WDW for that matter) with elements(like the acrobats, puppets, swings, etc) from the daytime parades above. One that does not include that awful mirror castle float thats been sticking around since at least the 15th Anniversary of MK.

puntagordabob

Maybe theyll let the "" couple help design the floats....think I read somewhere that they were very much involved in the Soundsational floats at DL... Isnt it interesting timing too that "just recently" the couple started having more and more appearences at WDW selling merchandise and such....

menamechris

Its sounding better and better at this point, however after the atrocity of a parade the studios got, makes me worry.

Exactly. Sometimes I am willing to settle for something I deem good or acceptable. I don't mind Celebrate a Dream Come True at all. Even though the floats have been around forever, I think the parade still works for the Magic Kingdom. And I can still watch and enjoy what it is. My fear is that a new parade would be worse...

aladdin2007

Exactly. Sometimes I am willing to settle for something I deem good or acceptable. I don't mind Celebrate a Dream Come True at all. Even though the floats have been around forever, I think the parade still works for the Magic Kingdom. And I can still watch and enjoy what it is. My fear is that a new parade would be worse...

True, lets hope this time this is the real new deal. Its so long overdue.

JustInTime

Original Poster

I don't think it could be worse than what we already have...

wdwfan22

I don't know how a new parade could be any worse than what we currently have. Celebrate is no celebration it's a poor attempt at a show.

menamechris

I think countdown to fun is even more entertaining than Celebrate a Dream Come True.

Well, there we have to agree to disagree. Countdown to Fun not only doesn't use original music, but showcases one of the corniest songs ever written. Add that to the fact that while CADCT wasn't what fans were expecting, I don't recall mass complaints and petitions being sent to WDW management either... The impression I have always gotten is that the main reason people have not liked Celebrate is because of the reuse of decade old floats. Not because there is anything "un-entertaining" about it... It's a fanboi gripe, not an average guest gripe.

JustInTime

Original Poster
Well, there we have to agree to disagree. Countdown to Fun not only doesn't use original music, but showcases one of the corniest songs ever written. Add that to the fact that while CADCT wasn't what fans were expecting, I don't recall mass complaints and petitions being sent to WDW management either... The impression I have always gotten is that the main reason people have not liked Celebrate is because of the reuse of decade old floats. Not because there is anything "un-entertaining" about it... It's a fanboi gripe, not an average guest gripe.

I am looking at the fact the Magic Kingdom is the most visited park in the Word. And there are no Parade stops, no villains and half the Princess floats were removed. It's a 5 minutes parade that should be at least 10-15. Not to mention the hodgepodge floats borrowed from every celebration over the past 20 years are still in use. But when talking about a Magic Kingdom Parade vs. a Hollywood Studios Parade it's like talking about Anne Hathaway vs. Meryl Steep. Both are amazing actors but Meryl Streep is held to a higher standard. That is why I think MK's parade is worse. It should be held at the highest standard. That parade is some people's only impression of Disney World...and that is why I think it's worse.

wdwfan22

The petitions were sent the first time the parade changed to Disney Dreams Come True, now it's just a lost cause for the parade. Even the performers in the current version Celebrate A Dream Come True parade look tired. It's by far the worst performance I have ever seen in a Disney park. While Countdown To Fun isn't perfect at least it has a little more energy to it than Celebrate.

menamechris

I am looking at the fact the Magic Kingdom is the most visited park in the Word. And there are no Parade stops, no villains and half the Princess floats were removed. It's a 5 minutes parade that should be at least 10-15. Not to mention the hodgepodge floats borrowed from every celebration over the past 20 years are still in use. But when talking about a Magic Kingdom Parade vs. a Hollywood Studios Parade it's like talking about Anne Hathaway vs. Meryl Steep. Both are amazing actors but Meryl Streep is held to a higher standard. That is why I think MK's parade is worse. It should be held at the highest standard. That parade is some people's only impression of Disney World...and that is why I think it's worse.

I agree about the villians. I thought it was a little wild to remove that float. Aside from that, I take family members and friends from out of town to the parks constantly (in fact, more than I would care to), and most of the time they have children who want to see the parade. Believe me when I say about 5-10 minutes is all they can tolerate. I thought my nephew was going to freak out by the end of the Electrical Parade, because it was so long. He lost interest about half way through. As far as show stops - I know people love them - I am not one of them. Keep the parade moving - for me personally, nothing is more awkward than having to watch a bunch of characters and dancers feel awkward about having to pretend-sing and dance in front of me for 5 minutes. But that's just me... As a side note, I think parades are now being kept shorter not just for cost cutting (which I am sure also has its place in these decisions) but also to keep the train from having to halt for to terribly long. I have been stuck on the train when they halted service for the parade...and that was the longest 15 minutes....I can't imagine if we waited another 15 minutes...

wdwfan22

I agree about the villians. I thought it was a little wild to remove that float. Aside from that, I take family members and friends from out of town to the parks constantly (in fact, more than I would care to), and most of the time they have children who want to see the parade. Believe me when I say about 5-10 minutes is all they can tolerate. I thought my nephew was going to freak out by the end of the Electrical Parade, because it was so long. He lost interest about half way through. As far as show stops - I know people love them - I am not one of them. Keep the parade moving - for me personally, nothing is more awkward than having to watch a bunch of characters and dancers feel awkward about having to pretend-sing and dance in front of me for 5 minutes. But that's just me... As a side note, I think parades are now being kept shorter not just for cost cutting (which I am sure also has its place in these decisions) but also to keep the train from having to halt for to terribly long. I have been stuck on the train when they halted service for the parade...and that was the longest 15 minutes....I can't imagine if we waited another 15 minutes...

While I agree with some of this, it's not the case at Disneyland Park. Soundsational is 20 minutes in length and is full of energy. So shorter parades are not the norm, just the norm in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom