New Magic Kingdom parade?

Jakester

I tried watching it yesterday right when i walked in, and all i could do was walk away. For train services, Just make sure they are in a station and not in the middle of a track and their fine (though the only part really affected is between Main Street and Frontierland. I wish WDW Had a great parade besides MSEP.

menamechris

For train services, Just make sure they are in a station and not in the middle of a track and their fine (though the only part really affected is between Main Street and Frontierland. I wish WDW Had a great parade besides MSEP.

The trains are stopped at the station they are at while the parade steps off. The trains have to stay at that station until the all-clear is given that the parade is completely backstage and over the tracks...

yoyoflamingo

Maybe theyll let the "" couple help design the floats....think I read somewhere that they were very much involved in the Soundsational floats at DL... Isnt it interesting timing too that "just recently" the couple started having more and more appearences at WDW selling merchandise and such....

You're partially right. is different from the couple, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily. did not do the floats for the Soundsational Parade, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily did, though at times their styles can be similar.

Kevin and Jody

puntagordabob

It's by far the worst performance I have ever seen in a Disney park. .

Wouldnt that actually belong to Stitch's Tomorrowland show!?

All I want to know is how will they be re-theme the indestructible castle float this time?

LOL..... float of a thousand parades!

That thing belongs in the smithsonian lol.

No...it belongs on Ebay!

You're partially right. is different from the couple, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily. did not do the floats for the Soundsational Parade, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily did, though at times their styles can be similar.

Kevin and Jody

LOL I thought was their company! :) hahaha thats a Giant DOH! for me :)

boufa

One point... how many people would cancel their trips if they canceled the parade? Not many, if any. The parade is a bonus, a small part of a larger package. Since it is not driving much traffic into the park, I would doubt any business person in their right mind would spend much money on it.

I hope they update it, but in the end expecting a multi-million dollar upgrade is a little unrealistic.

JustInTime

Original Poster
One point... how many people would cancel their trips if they canceled the parade? Not many, if any. The parade is a bonus, a small part of a larger package. Since it is not driving much traffic into the park, I would doubt any business person in their right mind would spend much money on it.

I hope they update it, but in the end expecting a multi-million dollar upgrade is a little unrealistic.

But what if Magic Kingdom was known for having one of the most amazing parades in the world? For all we know, this new parade could be just that. And your argument could be used to justify anything new that might come. How many times have you gone to Disney when there was nothing new at all? How many times have you gone to Disney only to later find out that something really cool is closed? Where do you draw the line? It's not about what causes the guests to break through the gates (when talking about parades), it's about maintaining quality in Magic Kingdom. Something Disney used to live by.

etwtec

I think it would be funny if the park that currently has the worst daytime parade ends up with the best daytime parade haha. Could happen I suppose.

I can't help but wonder how long it is going to take MK, especially if a new parade comes along, to start running a afternoon and evening performance like DL does instead of having a nighttime/light parade.... We all know how WDW likes to cut costs. All they have to do is add some special lighting to each of the new floats....

PKD

I think it would be funny if the park that currently has the worst daytime parade ends up with the best daytime parade haha. Could happen I suppose.

I can't help but wonder how long it is going to take MK, especially if a new parade comes along, to start running a afternoon and evening performance like DL does instead of having a nighttime/light parade.... We all know how WDW likes to cut costs. All they have to do is add some special lighting to each of the new floats....

The special lighting you are referring to which would be required for a "Day Parade" to be done at night is something that WDI is currently extremely against. The additional lighting that is seen and used for the Hard Ticket event parades is a battle for Entertainment to have approved to begin with, let alone a permanent install of specialty lighting.

An example of this battle is when MISICI first ran into day light savings time and their 3rd set was done in the dark at the hub. They added lights to the floats for the talent on top, but the riding talent and the street level was still in the dark. Eventually it was approved to put show lighting on the four gazebos to be used during the show stop.

etwtec

The special lighting you are referring to which would be required for a "Day Parade" to be done at night is something that WDI is currently extremely against. The additional lighting that is seen and used for the Hard Ticket event parades is a battle for Entertainment to have approved to begin with, let alone a permanent install of specialty lighting.

An example of this battle is when MISICI first ran into day light savings time and their 3rd set was done in the dark at the hub. They added lights to the floats for the talent on top, but the riding talent and the street level was still in the dark. Eventually it was approved to put show lighting on the four gazebos to be used during the show stop.

Why is WDW so against lighting?

What I was more refering to when it comes to lighting was special lighting on just the floats. They do run the Halloween and Christmas parade without much use of extra lighting along the parade route, so why couldnt they run the daytime parade at night as long as they added lighting effects to the floats themselves?

Not saying I want this to happen as it would suck not having a light parade.

etwtec

This does not have much to do with parades but I wonder when, if MK will get a street repaving? It has been looking pretty bad lately with several cracks and such. DL just got repaved.

devilmafia11

yeah a new magic Kingdom parade
BB.gif
!
I love magic Kingdom...lovely

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I don't see how any parade could be worse than Countdown to (no) Fun. That being said, the current incarnation of CADC, despite having a really catchy soundtrack, is a pretty close second. I watched it last week, totally by chance (happened to be walking by the parade route as it was approaching), and noticed, that just like the Countdown to (no) Fun cast, the CADC cast looked visibly embarrassed about the quality of the show.

aladdin2007

Remember the Magic is my favorite daytime parade ever. Great music, lots of energy, and tons of fun.

Exactly, the spirit it spread through the park was amazing. I miss that era.

Its time to rememberrrr the magicccccccccccc.

ps: the 25th anniversary seems like yesterday and here we are at the 40th, yikes!!!

mm52200

Why are they against it when DL and DCA have full extensive lighting packages all the way along their parade routes? I've thought that DHS could stand to have some lighting added so they could run their parade twice a day. I would imagine it easy to have it installed on the buildings and like DL and DCA they can retract and be hidden when not in use.

candydog

Remember the Magic is my favorite daytime parade ever. Great music, lots of energy, and tons of fun.

Yes, definitely was a good one! But did you know most of the floats were actually just reused units from other parades? AND the parade was only six floats long. The Beauty and the Beast float came from DL and was used in the early 90s during their annual "fantasy on parade" at christmas (now THERE was a parade, check out some youtube vids - TONS of floats and performers). I'm pretty sure Aladdin's float came from one of the Aladdin parades and of course the castle float which has been going for decades was leading the procession.

The garden and Little Mermaid floats were new as far as I know, but I'm unsure as to whether the Lion King float came from another Lion King parade or was built new.

Anyway, just goes to show that if the floats are good and the parade is fun with a great soundtrack, even a little bit of recycling can give a great parade without needing the huge budget needed for an all-new parade.

Maybe if a few years ago management had a dig around backstage and in some other Disney parks, they could have found some floats to add to or replace the current "dreams" parade, it would certainly have broken the monotony of the same lineup year after year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom