New Magic Kingdom parade?

Goofnut1980

My question is this, Why would you wait for the push next spring, when by that point FLE will be 6 months old?! And well, old news. Then we have to wait another year for mine coaster.

Why wouldn't you have the new parades start when FLE opens up this fall? A couple restaurants and a couple C rides are not going to make people come in droves. I am normally not a doom and gloomer, but dang, can we get on the ball already??? With a staff of close to 60k people, one would think they could do things a tad faster.

Didn't Epcot get built in less time?

TTA94

Festival of Fantasy will apparently be rolling just before the return (see: a week or so) of Spectro.. big 'all new parades' promotion with new fantasyland being the big push next spring/summer..

Also.. SDMT is VERY ahead of schedule... expect opening to be bumped up just a bit.

Whoa! This would be amazing! But sounds waay to good to be true! lol. What is your source on this? Like others have said we have not heard anything about the status of Festival of Fantasy (if that even is the offical name) or Spectro... Although I fully expect TDO, and people "in the know", to be keeping this stuff VERY tight lipped!

TTA94

I just found this http://disneyparksfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Disney_Festival_of_Fantasy_Parade

I am thinking Totally fake! For starters I highly doubt WDW will use Flights of Fantasy/Soundsationals soundtrack. I also think the name Festival of Fantasy was just "made up" based on "Flights" of Fantasy from HKDL.

But at any rate, IF there is any truth to this and there will be a big parade promotion, I would guess we should be hearing something relatively soon? Isn't the October/November time frame when they usually announce next years campain and such?

wdw71fan

Festival of Fantasy will apparently be rolling just before the return (see: a week or so) of Spectro.. big 'all new parades' promotion with new fantasyland being the big push next spring/summer..

Also.. SDMT is VERY ahead of schedule... expect opening to be bumped up just a bit.

my post was conjecture, not fact.. sorry for the confusion... I don't know ANYTHING about 'festival of fantasy'.. I was just saying this is big new parade promotion if true.. The feb 16th timeline would bump it RIGHT up against spectro rolling back out though..

BlackCauldron

I'm not fuss for it but you should make your own judgement. I much prefer AKs afternoon parade. I like the floats, the music, the characters seem to come a little closer,... I don't know what it is but if I make time for a parade that's the one I pick!

Good points! The only thing I'll argue with is the MiSiCi street party part. I actually really enjoy that "parade"/street party. It adds so much energy to the MK during the day. I like the obscure characters it has as well. Sebastian has to be my favorite of the bunch!

I guess "tragic" was a bit strong. My biggest issue with the MiSiCi party is that it is long, it is incredibly repetetive, and it doesn't move. It just sits there and causes one heck of a traffic jam RIGHT in the hub, RIGHT in the middle of the day. With all the people jamming the hub watching it, it is very difficult to find a way around it. I think if you have kids, certainly stay because they will love it. But for me - seen it once, don't need to again.

jrh1985

my post was conjecture, not fact.. sorry for the confusion... I don't know ANYTHING about 'festival of fantasy'.. I was just saying this is big new parade promotion if true.. The feb 16th timeline would bump it RIGHT up against spectro rolling back out though..

Thanks for clearing that up. On the other hand, it would be nice if we had a firm idea as to what MK has planned.

Is it safe to believe that SDMT is way ahead? 2014 seems so far out to me.

wdw71fan

Thanks for clearing that up. On the other hand, it would be nice if we had a firm idea as to what MK has planned.

Is it safe to believe that SDMT is way ahead? 2014 seems so far out to me.

I've heard show installation will be starting before the end of this year.. as far as openings, there are no concrete dates.... with what I've heard about construction, it may only bump opening up by a few weeks, but every day matters :)..

FWIW, management is less-than-pleased that SDMT is not going to be ready with the rest of the land.. but they have no one to blame but themselves for that debacle..

jrh1985

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or in another but I'm going to start it here.

Over at Steve Davidson 's Facebook page,(just checked it)someone asked him if he had any other projects he will be working on after TDL's Happiness Is Here Parade opens in April 2013. He said that he has 7 projects in production right now! And, the projects are at at every Disney resort! Look on his FB page if you want proof. Man, I wish I was an insider! LOL!!!!!!

TTA94

Looks like we are back to the 2014 rumor of a new daytime parade :mad:. The question then is what about Spectro? Has anyone noticed the current location of the floats?

jrh1985

Looks like we are back to the 2014 rumor of a new daytime parade :mad:. The question then is what about Spectro? Has anyone noticed the current location of the floats?

Who knows?? Only MK seems to know. If Steve is truly working on 7 projects, Something's got to be going on at MK if not, WDW

Had a thought, would any budgets for Entertainment change because of EPCOT30? If Epcot could pull off ROE30 without any cuts, Could MK do the same thing????

Acolli18

A new FB post this morning gives a hint of something to come sooner than later, but theres also no forsure that this could even be at WDW, interesting though!

There are so many projects swirling around right now. Many will be announced soon! I think I need a twin to keep up with all the fun! Can't wait to show you all, all the new and exciting projects I've created! I think there are a few you will LOVE! More to come soon!

Vader2112

A new FB post this morning gives a hint of something to come sooner than later, but theres also no forsure that this could even be at WDW, interesting though!

There are so many projects swirling around right now. Many will be announced soon! I think I need a twin to keep up with all the fun! Can't wait to show you all, all the new and exciting projects I've created! I think there are a few you will LOVE! More to come soon!
Soon as in December 7th?

TTA94

It has to be stuff for WDW. TDL's new parade already got announced, HKDL just got Flights of Fantasy not that long ago, DLP just got Dreams, DL has Soundsational.

Here is a list of stuff I think it could be:

New MK parade
Maaybe Spectro, but that is wishful thinking
Updated F! at DHS
Wishes replacement
WOC Holiday Segments- Mooost likely what he is going to announce!
Maaybe changes to Soundsational

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom