New magazine to cover Disney and other Orlando attractions

DisneyJoe

Especially something like this magazine, where all the 'news' in it will have been on the internet for some time before it gets published.
Agreed.

Also, be sure to note that this is NOT a Disney-focused magazine, it is "in the style of the old Disney Magazine, giving you a fun look at news, information, and events from all Orlando-area attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, and more." -- so its possible that some issues may be Universal focused, etc.

JimboJones123

Glad to see the business crap overwith at the beginning of the thread. Judging by the unaction of the MODS over the past 11 hours -- guess you tried to stir the pot for nothing.

On to my actual post -- FLIPPIN' SWEET!!!!

The void in my life may finally be filled again. I actually think that an Orlando Attractions magazing would be great. Will miss the updates on Disney Films from the Disney Magazine, but adding more Central Florida greatness is AWESOME. This will also lead to the magazine giving much more detailed information on WDW happenings as well.

3 things.
- Will it be quarterly? What an awful wait for those quarterly magazines. But as always SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING. And 3 months was plenty of time to memorize from top to bottom.
- One of my favorite features in the last years was the "where's the picture" test at the end. Always fun.
- Disney ads. Yes I loved the Disney ads in the Disney magazines. Plus ads on time shares. Will there be a rating guide on these. Staying at a $800 a night 2br villa at a DVC is a bit much if we travel w/family. It's always hard knowing if you are getting a stinker if off property.

Best of efforts.

I used to be a TV News Producer. Don't know what I could do to help, but I'm not under contracts now so maybe there is a nitche.

JimboJones123

Oh get over it. Not everything is rainbows and kitties. Running a magazine at anything but a loss is extremely difficult now. Especially something like this magazine, where all the 'news' in it will have been on the internet for some time before it gets published. Would you rather I lie and tell him how easy its going to be?
Which is why magazines have "features". Ever read SI or ESPN the Mag? Time? Even the newspaper? There is no reason to have any press besides Internet and Radio. But this isn't going to be a NEWS magazine. Disney Magazine wasn't about BREAKING NEWS either -- at least for the last few years. It printed quarterly. Maybe you should understand the concept of the magazine a bit better before attacking??? Or maybe the concept of media in general.

MattBoom

Original Poster
3 things.
- Will it be quarterly? What an awful wait for those quarterly magazines. But as always SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING. And 3 months was plenty of time to memorize from top to bottom.
- One of my favorite features in the last years was the "where's the picture" test at the end. Always fun.
- Disney ads. Yes I loved the Disney ads in the Disney magazines. Plus ads on time shares. Will there be a rating guide on these. Staying at a $800 a night 2br villa at a DVC is a bit much if we travel w/family. It's always hard knowing if you are getting a stinker if off property.

-Better than quarterly, but less than monthly, it will be bi-monthly at first, with hopes to eventually make it monthly.

-Yes, we will have a mystery picture in each issue.

-I've never heard of a rating guide for time-share ads. How does it work?

JimboJones123

-Better than quarterly, but less than monthly, it will be bi-monthly at first, with hopes to eventually make it monthly.

-Yes, we will have a mystery picture in each issue.

-I've never heard of a rating guide for time-share ads. How does it work?

Sorry, I got too excited. They were supposed to be seperate items :eek: .

Disney Mag, I think I remember had ads for time shares in it.

As another topic, a time share rating feature would be cool to see if you are looking for story ideas. Sorry I jumbled the 2 ideas.

Every Other Month would be AWESOME! For all the ID theives out there, today's my birthday, and you have made it a little happier. Thanks for filling a void and filling it with an updated concept that would have much more appeal. I've got dozens of other story ideas if you need them...

MattBoom

Original Poster
Sorry, I got too excited. They were supposed to be seperate items :eek: .

Disney Mag, I think I remember had ads for time shares in it.

As another topic, a time share rating feature would be cool to see if you are looking for story ideas. Sorry I jumbled the 2 ideas.

Every Other Month would be AWESOME! For all the ID theives out there, today's my birthday, and you have made it a little happier. Thanks for filling a void and filling it with an updated concept that would have much more appeal. I've got dozens of other story ideas if you need them...

Happy Birthday!
Yes, we're always interested in hearing story ideas.

Shere_Khan

I just signed up as well, and thanks for letting us know, otherwise I would not have heard about it.
Any ideas on how much your subscriptions will cost yet? Or are you still working that out?

mikey

Gotta admit I appreciate the endeavor, and for letting us know about it. I, too, have always missed Disney Magazine, so maybe this can fill the void. As someone said earlier, nice to be able to read at my own leisure.

Good luck!

~ mike

Capt. Salty

Oh get over it. Not everything is rainbows and kitties. Running a magazine at anything but a loss is extremely difficult now. Especially something like this magazine, where all the 'news' in it will have been on the internet for some time before it gets published. Would you rather I lie and tell him how easy its going to be?
I'm sure they already realize how easy it isn't going to be...Just dont forget that without imagination and hard work, this web site AND it's focus wouldn't be here, either!

Not everything is doom and gloom, either
Good luck Gents!

MattBoom

Original Poster
I just signed up as well, and thanks for letting us know, otherwise I would not have heard about it.
Any ideas on how much your subscriptions will cost yet? Or are you still working that out?

We don't have a subscription price yet. It will be reasonable, comparable to other magazines on the market. We'll announce prices (both per-issue and subscription) once we get closer to our first issue hitting news stands.

wannabeBelle

Hey! No need to start a fight here. :)

Matt was simply letting you all know about our endeavor as he (and I) thought it would be of interest to you.

I don't, by the way, get most of my news from WDWMAGIC. I do mention it often as it is a great source of information, but *most* of my information comes from the same places that WDWMAGIC gets it... press releases! ;)

Anyway, the point is... since you all love to write about Disney all the time, we hope you'll enjoy our new magazine. We'd love to have your help with it as well.

And again, if this post is in the wrong section of the forum, please move it to the proper location.

Thanks!

Hey Ricky and Matt, Best of luck on your new venture!!!! I look foward to seeing it!!! Belle

LoriMistress

I just wanted to let everyone know about a new magazine I'm starting with Ricky Brigante of the Inside The Magic podcast.

It's called Orlando Attractions Magazine and it will be very much in the style of the old Disney Magazine, giving you a fun look at news, information, and events from all Orlando-area attractions, including the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, and more.

The first issue will be rolling out within the next couple of months.
We welcome any suggestions as we put the final touches on our format.

We're also looking for writers, preferably local to the Orlando area, who are enthusiastic about covering theme park and attraction information. Even if you're not a local, consider writing a story during your vacation to help earn some extra money for the trip.

You can find out a lot more about the magazine on our Web site, http://www.attractionsmagazine.com

I've already submitted a few pictures. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom