New "Land" in Animal Kingdom

no2apprentice

Wasn't the last big speculation about the **insert name of preference** Mountain in Asia? And all the discussion about the Yetti's that would be in the coaster ride? And this new Mountain was going to be put in instead of Australia, because it would be cheaper than a whole new land but still a good draw for a park that needed some more e-ride attractions?

Any more input on that? Or is that a pretty much a "let's wait and hope" project, also?

Oh, and Jeremy, nothing personal, but you may want to be a little more careful about how you phrase your posts. At the beginning, you wrote "they are finishing developing the new 'land' at Disney's Animal Kingdom", then at the end you wrote "They have not started construction yet." Sort of a contradiction. You may have meant something different, but I hope you see how it looks.

Goofster

Yeah, I'd expect Austrailia is coming, but not quite yet. Beastly Kingdom? No, I don't think so either. I think Beastly Kingdom is just about dead. What's on the Horizon? I'd definitely guess Forbidden Mountain. Disney's not gonna go all out and add an entire land w/ a coaster to AK right now, but they might add a coaster.

All the Disney fans sites seem to agree, Jim Hill wrote an article about it, screamscape, WDWMagic (I know, I know, this doesn't need to become another battle about the validity of screamscape and Jim Hill) but it seems all signs are pointing to the Matterhorn-like Forbidden Mountain. This ride, if done correctly could be another slap in the faces of theme parks in the world like i expect Mission: Space to be. The Yeti and a rollercoaster through a mountain. This is the ride that would put Animal Kingdom on the map.

I just wish i'd been around in the days when Mission: Space was rumored, so I'd know how that compared to the signs we're seeing of Forbidden Mountain, but yes, I think FM will come before Australia, unless our new friend Mr. Rasulo decides to spend, spend, spend.

Once again, let this not turn into a battle about the validity of Jim Hill and Screamscape, the same rumors have appeared here.

WEDMagic

FM at DAK

Forbidden mountain will be built, theres already blueprints and such for the merch store for the ride floating about. A official press release will be in april or so but no new land

pheneix

>>>Any more input on that? Or is that a pretty much a "let's wait and hope" project, also?<<<

It's one notch above "let's wait and hope" but one notch below "get the bulldozers." If it were up to me I'd go out there and start clearing out land myself, but I don't work for Disney. Besides, I'd probably do something crazy like point the bulldozer at Dinorama or something.

>>>This ride, if done correctly could be another slap in the faces of theme parks in the world like i expect Mission: Space to be.<<<

It's a great concept, but it ain't no Mummy (I hope Disney has enough sense not open any major attractions in 2004 unless it is the next Indy, otherwise Universal will be mopping the floor with it.).

>>>I just wish i'd been around in the days when Mission: Space was rumored, so I'd know how that compared to the signs we're seeing of Forbidden Mountain<<<

Apples to oranges. With Mission Space we all knew that someone elses money would be spent, so there was no doubt that Space (as it was known at the time) was replacing Horizons.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't say either Beastlie or Australia are dead projects. They are still supported by Imagineers and some of the higher ups with the money, they have just been postponed indefinitely. A mystical land will undoubtedly get built eventually, but it will certainly be a number of years until that happens...at least ten. Imagineers have embraced Forbidden Mountain because they are eager to build anything at this park, and this is the project currently supported by higher ups. Regardless, there is no denying that SOMETHING must be built, and soon. Anything that started construction this year would not open until at least 2005...it really needs to happen.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: New "Land" in Animal Kingdom

Originally posted by Imagineer Jer
Hey!
What do you mean " I have heard wrong"?

I looked the name 'Jeremy Kent' on the Walt Disney Company Employee Locator and it didn't show up. Not only that, but no one with the last name Kent showed up in WDI. So as far as I know, you're not an insider... so say some sources, since you have no credibility in my eyes

Goofster

Well, I just reread Jim Hill's article on the WDW Matterhornand he said disney is hoping to announce the ride early this year and if possible have it up and running in late 2004 or so. And we don't really need to be comparing this to anything Universal might have up their sleeves (which nobody really knows what it is, but early rumors say its a fast dark ride w/ a drop), but I'd say a big Disney Coaster would really give Universal some competition.

And as inaccurate as our friend Jim is, I'd still say if they announce it in a few months, that Disney will work to get this baby up and running ASAP.

WDWKing

I think that if Disney were to announce any new major ride it should be a while after the hype for Mission:Space dies down. I mean what would most people do? As soon as they hear the announcement, they would probably cancel their current trip for M:S and come back in a few years when the new one opens to hit both attractions. Then again I'm a 16 year old that probably doesn't know much in the world of business.

dreamer

Unless you know the CM to be reliable from experience, the rumor is pretty much worthless. some of them get kicks from making stuff up. At least that's my impression.

ToTBellHop

Disney World always has a major project in the works, so I don't think announcing a new one would cause people to cancel their trips. For example, Animal Kingdom opened in 1998, and at that time, people knew Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Fantasmic!, and Test Track were coming. When those attractions opened, we knew the Millennium events were coming (inc. Reflections of Earth) and early in the Millennium Celebration Mission: SPACE was announced and since it was released, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and DinoRama have opened. So, again, there are always major attractions in the works, yet people keep visiting--mainly because most normal people to not hear about press releases; you'd be surprised how many people still have no idea what Mission: SPACE is. I didn't know what Fantasmic! was or that it even existed until I go to Disney World...of course, then it was new and I didn't have a pc back then to keep up with news.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I didnt!!! I never had a scooby what disney was up to till i started visiting sites like this. To be honest a new ride may cause me to delay by a week or two but there are far more important things like work and school hols that will affect a visit.

There is after all no such thing as bad publicity

WDWKing

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Heck, announcing a new ride at the opening of M:S will probably cause those who planned trips just to visit M:S to plan a later trip for the new ride.

Tim G

Re: Re: Re: New "Land" in Animal Kingdom

Originally posted by Imagineer Jer
Hey!
What do you mean " I have heard wrong"?

DON'T YOU NEVER EVER ADDRESS TO ME WITH "HEY"

I'm old enough to be your father,
and if I was I would kick you........

You've got an attitude, and a very bad one...

And.. BTW.

Stop the crap with your Employee Locator.

pheneix

>>>I'm old enough to be your father,
and if I was I would kick you........

You've got an attitude, and a very bad one...<<<

Speaking of attitudes...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by pheneix
Speaking of attitudes...

eeek... Ok everyone play nice... and Imagineer Jer, your "Hey!"'s could be taken as yelling or being rude..... :) :wave:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DMC-12
eeek... Ok everyone play nice... and Imagineer Jer, your "Hey!"'s could be taken as yelling or being rude..... :) :wave:

I have to agree...

Hey is for horses...but better for cows.

SirNim

Actually "Hay" is for horses... Point well taken, nonetheless... You must learn to assimilate....

Into the customs, the rules, and regulations

*My Pearl of Wisdom*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom