New Jersey week in Disney!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Shore girl here - no accent!:ROFLOL:

*disclaimer - I don't wear booty shorts, uggs, or tan all winter!*

Those three things don't apply to me either. :shrug:

I don't think I have much of an accent. I know others (Heidi/TwoTigersMom :lookaroun) disagree with me though. :lol:

mousebymarriage

I guess I have #1 but I don't hear it! I absolutely hate when I am in Florida (not just at Disney) and after I speak someone says "are you from New York?" They think that we all sound the same !

disneyfan56

I'm also in the camp of little to no accent here on the Jersey shore.

I think the majority of New Jerseyans do not have that Soprano's accent, yet that's how we are portrayed in the media.

What most of us do have is that we are fast-talkers. I always have to remind myself to slow down my speech as we drive farther and farther south.

Craig & Lisa

the only place I have an accent is when i go to work. I work in Linden NJ and the majority of my customers either speak, spanish, polish, or creole. So I feel like I'm in WDW. :lol::ROFLOL:with the variety of languages there.

Phonedave

the only place I have an accent is when i go to work. I work in Linden NJ and the majority of my customers either speak, spanish, polish, or creole. So I feel like I'm in WDW. :lol::ROFLOL:with the variety of languages there.

I worked in Linden a few years ago. Not sure exactly when, but it was during the Northeast blackout. Someone rear ended my company car just on the other side of 1&9 because they were busy watching the huge burn plume at the refinery because it went into some sort of fail safe mode during the blackout.

You could get some good Kielbasa in Linden. Also they have a White Rose System, which is allways a good thing (Cali burger up! )

-dave

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
"Down the shore" is an expression those N Jersey accented folks use.

Us locals "go to the beach."

Exactly. I have lived in Jersey all my life and I can't recall ever saying "down the shore." I don't have to go "down" anywhere to get to the beach. All I have to do is drive 20 minutes straight East and I am in Belmar. :shrug: :lol:

look1angel

WOW, I had no idea there was a Jersey week! I grew up in Jersey, (Oranges, Montclair, Jersey shore) I still have a Jersey accent & it gets better when I tawk to family up North. And yes, I do tend to talk fast :rolleyes: I must remember that for this year. Thanks guys! :animwink:

Phonedave

Exactly. I have lived in Jersey all my life and I can't recall ever saying "down the shore." I don't have to go "down" anywhere to get to the beach. All I have to do is drive 20 minutes straight East and I am in Belmar. :shrug: :lol:

Heh, I work with a guy who lives in the same area you do.

I said somthing about "down the shore" to him the other day.

He said the same thing. When they were kids they never went down the shore, they went to the beach (I went down the shore :) )

-dave

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
When I was there mid-February I'm pretty sure most of the population was down there! There was this one girl hitting on me at the pool that was pretty much the most negative stereotype I've ever met. She was just loud, obnoxious, spoiled, and tanned WAY too much. It's girls like that that give the rest of the state a bad rap!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
When I was there mid-February I'm pretty sure most of the population was down there! There was this one girl hitting on me at the pool that was pretty much the most negative stereotype I've ever met. She was just loud, obnoxious, spoiled, and tanned WAY too much. It's girls like that that give the rest of the state a bad rap!

What do you mean bad rap? Sounds like a Miss NJ candidate for me. :lookaroun :animwink:

Probably not from 4kid river however...

figmentisgreat

Probably not from 4kid river however...

I dunno...there are quite a few 4kid riverers that are obnoxiously tan with booty shorts and uggs all year round... *shudder*

Actually aparently, since I'm from 4kid river, I should have a bumper sticker on my car reading "Proud to be a Piney from my head down to my hiney."

My family's from Kearney originally though, so it doesn't count :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom