New Imagineering book...got it early!

epcot85

Original Poster
Ok so I know everybody here knows about the new book.."Walt Disney Imagineering: A behind the dreams look at making more magic real" I noticed on Amazon.com and even heard on a podcast that the release date is May 18th...I went to my local books-a-million yesterday, May 13th and they had one on the shelf, picked it up and bought it, so if anyone can't wait for the 18th it may be a good idea to check your local stores...you never know.:wave:

BTW: very cool book

janoimagine

I read the book 'Project Future', I found it to be a good read, it goes deep into the legal matters surrounding WDW and the development of the land.

Lee

Adventurer
Mine is on pe-order at Amazon. Might get it late next week.
Plan on not seeing me around here the day it comes....I'll be busy.:D

Anyone here ever read "Project Future?"
Yep. Same story about the Florida project we've all heard before, but in WAY more detail. Interesting, but a bit dry, I thought.

Dizmentia

I saw this at Books A Million today (I went there because I saw this Thread). They had the book, but it was sealed and $60. I pictured myself buying this, unwrapping it, and discovering it was the original Imagineering book with a couple new pictures. I'm pretty sure you can get it for $36 online. I'm eager to see some reviews!

XS-Spence

My copy of the first edition Imagineering book isn't going anywhere. Not after Marty signed it for me in his signature red sharpie. I am VERY excited to pick up the new edition though.

My copy of the first edition Imagineering book isn't going anywhere. Not after Marty signed it for me in his signature red sharpie. I am VERY excited to pick up the new edition though.

I know what you mean! I've got a copy of the Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland signed by Marty Sklar, Tony Baxter and John Lasseter -- it's my most treasured Disney belonging!

Does anyone in the UK have any suggestions on the best way of getting this book? Amazon's saying it doesn't come out till September(?!) and the only other UK site I can find selling it is Langton Info which are selling it for £53.44(!?).

Atomicmickey

I heard this is NOT a "new edition", it's an entirely new book. A sequel, if you will.

In any event, mine's pre-ordered, can hardly wait!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone in the UK have any suggestions on the best way of getting this book? Amazon's saying it doesn't come out till September(?!) and the only other UK site I can find selling it is Langton Info which are selling it for £53.44(!?).
Which one? Making More Magic Real? Amazon US. Mine is on the way now. Finally.

Or the original? It`s only the paperback one (I proudly have a well thumbed hardback 1st run) but Amazon US have 4 at the moment new:

http://www.amazon.com/WALT-DISNEY-I...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274104667&sr=8-2

It`s certainly out before September. Got mine in `96.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah whoops - sorry I wasn't clear. I mean the new book. I assumed the postage cost would be too high from the US. Is there a UK release date?
Order it now from Amazon US. Don`t bother with the UK arm.

Let me see.. $50.28 with middle shipping option. That`s about 30 quid. And it`s on its way.

Lee

Adventurer
Let me see.. $50.28 with middle shipping option. That`s about 30 quid. And it`s on its way.
Or...you could just wait about 100 days and save the shipping.:D
Hah! Who am I kidding....wait 100 days....:ROFLOL:

Got the email from Amazon last night telling me my copy was on it's way.
I shall be setting aside a day of quiet solitude in order to fully peruse and digest the wonders that surely lay inside!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom