New Imagineering book...got it early!

Atomicmickey

So . . . anyone else get the same impression that I did . . .

Which is that this book is filled with awesome concepts and stuff mostly
for other parks, and other areas of the world than our beloved WDW?

To be expected, I suppose, but all too often I turned the page to go WOAH, and then oh, that's for another park.

I know, I'm selfish.

Mostly I want TDS in FLA, I guess. Eegads is that beautiful, I have always drooled over every pic from that place.

The book is awesome.

brkgnews

WDW got a pretty heavy treatment in the original, so I presume they wanted to focus on new things since the first printing.

Atomicmickey

I know, I know, it's just . . . well, I wish there WERE that much new stuff in WDW.

The next one will have the Monsters Inc. coaster, the new country for Epcot (my money's on GUAM), the new Journey into Imagination re-haul-ferb-olition, more new Fantasyland, Beestlie Kaengdommmmeee, and much, much more.:lol:

brkgnews

I know, I know, it's just . . . well, I wish there WERE that much new stuff in WDW.

The next one will have the Monsters Inc. coaster, the new country for Epcot (my money's on GUAM), the new Journey into Imagination re-haul-ferb-olition, more new Fantasyland, Beestlie Kaengdommmmeee, and much, much more.:lol:
I'd actually love to have another new EPCOT-centric book, myself, like the one that I loving refer to as the "morbidly obese EPCOT book." FUll of concept art, rejected plans, etc.

HMF

Got mine today. If before my ambition was to become an Imagineer after reading this book it is my lifes mission to become an Imagineer.

Testtrack321

As stated in the opening of the book this isn't an update or sequel, it's a companion piece that can stand ok its own.

I got mine yesterday and poured over it all last night. About half is stuff I've never seen before, and the rest is higher quality than what I saw before.

The last book covered the process, this covers the tools. Once I get home I'll compare the two books more.

IWant2GoNow

Just got mine last night. Beginning to read it and I think #10 on Marty Sklar's commandments is beginning to fade away. Hopefully they'll reinforce that soon.

WorldKey

Just got mine last night. Beginning to read it and I think #10 on Marty Sklar's commandments is beginning to fade away. Hopefully they'll reinforce that soon.

I was thinking the same exact thing about Sklar's #10 when I began reading mine last night - got it yesterday and glad I did!!.....it is totally a new 'edition'....as good if not better than the first (not comparing subjects but the quality of the composition and artwork).

Got mine today! Amazing book.

Have you seen the concept master plans they had for Hong Kong Disneyland? The castle right at the back of the park! Big Thunder in Adventureland! A hotel lake connected to the hub! They had some awesomely innovative ideas, such a shame they were never realized.

Have noticed a few errors though, primarily attractions being given the wrong name (for example Primeval Whirl being listed as a round ride in the glossary, when I think the author means TriceraTop Spin). Actually, can anyone confirm the master plan for HKD I mentioned was definately for Hong Kong? The artwork itself just says Disneyland Asia, and the 'park in a horseshoe of hills' design I've seen used for Disneyland South Korea plans.

HMF

I was thinking the same exact thing about Sklar's #10 when I began reading mine last night - got it yesterday and glad I did!!.....it is totally a new 'edition'....as good if not better than the first (not comparing subjects but the quality of the composition and artwork).
Yeah' unfortunately WDI doesn't get to maintain it anymore.:( I disagree with commandment 7.

gmajew

Premium Member
Got mine yesterday and the book is great!! I am a restaurant developer and designer and I love the ten principals. When i am coming up with a new concept i use many of these in my day in and day out operations.

The detail in the book is outstanding. Got it for under forty on amazon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom