New Imagineering book...got it early!

Atomicmickey

:sohappy: MINE SHIPPED! :sohappy:

I ordered this because I read it was an entirely new book.
I'll know in a couple of days for sure!

As for why it's expensive, well, I'd think large format, quality
color printing, and limited audience.

I coughed up for the Art of Walt Disney World, and that is
a VERY slim book--and was more than this.

Gotta budget for this stuff, I guess. Or wait for used--I'll do that
sometimes. Love a book for a buck!

Ignohippo

Why does it have that price tag for a 200 page book? :confused:

It's out of print, so getting a new copy is at a premium because it's a collectable. The used prices are pretty normal though. I've picked up a few of these types of books at Disney World when they've been out of print like this.

Lee

Adventurer
Over $300 for the first one? That's just nuts. Makes far more sense to just get a used one for a normal price.
Wow.
I just saw that even the used copies of The Nickel Tour are going for $250+ on Amazon. :eek:
Think I'll go dust off my books....they seem to be kinda valuable...

brkgnews

Over $300 for the first one? That's just nuts. Makes far more sense to just get a used one for a normal price.
Wow.
I just saw that even the used copies of The Nickel Tour are going for $250+ on Amazon. :eek:
Think I'll go dust off my books....they seem to be kinda valuable...
Even more nuts is that the paperback one is $300-plus, but the hardcover is only $99-plus.

I have paid over $200 for a book. ONCE. And it was a helluva lot rarer than the Imagineering book, which I purchased at Disney around 2003/2004 at shelf price. :lol:

Testtrack321

What are the changes/additions/new info in the new book? Are we looking at a true sequel with more pictures and stuff from the past 15 years or what?

Lee

Adventurer
I have paid over $200 for a book. ONCE. And it was a helluva lot rarer than the Imagineering book, which I purchased at Disney around 2003/2004 at shelf price. :lol:
$300 for a paperback edition of a widely released book? Not gonna do it. No reason to.:shrug:

Oh, yeah. I've paid a lot for some books, but they have been non-Disney. (Got a King limited over on my shelf, the likes of which is currently listed for over $3k on ebay.:D)

What are the changes/additions/new info in the new book? Are we looking at a true sequel with more pictures and stuff from the past 15 years or what?
That would indeed appear to be the case.

brkgnews

Supposedly a completely new book. Think "companion" to the original rather than a typical "sequel." Newer projects, yes, but also new concepts (supposedly).

brkgnews

$300 for a paperback edition of a widely released book? Not gonna do it. No reason to.:shrug:

Oh, yeah. I've paid a lot for some books, but they have been non-Disney. (Got a King limited over on my shelf, the likes of which is currently listed for over $3k on ebay.:D)
My high-dollar rarity is an original 1967 introductory booklet on Project Florida :king:

zweltar

That would indeed appear to be the case.

My high-dollar books are all college text books. This past semester alone I spent over $700 on books. And those were all used!!:veryconfu

olmec26

Got mine yesterday. It's a new book entirely. Full of photos and concept art from all 11 parks, plus the DCL. Celebration is even mentioned!

And there's tons of stuff in there about the Fantasyland Forest and Cars Land. It's a good buy. New stuff galore!

csm

Got mine yesterday. It's a new book entirely. Full of photos and concept art from all 11 parks, plus the DCL. Celebration is even mentioned!

And there's tons of stuff in there about the Fantasyland Forest and Cars Land. It's a good buy. New stuff galore!

Anyone care to mention the price? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom