New Imagineer Introduction Thread

Tux

Good afternoon, all. I've been on this website for several months, but just noticed this section. Interesting concept!

Like everyone here, I assume we all have a love and fascination with Disney Imagineering. I'm also passionate about outdoor activities, particularly winter sports (hence, the reason I moved to the frozen wastes of northern Vermont). I'm fascinated behind the history of Walt's never-to-be Mineral King ski resort. I can't help but wonder, what if the Walt Disney Company re-visited the idea of opening a 4 season mountain resort? What standard features would Disney retain, but what special, unique touches would they add (besides higher prices:mad:)?

Once I figure out how this works, I'll let my imagination run wild and brain storm what Disney's Crystal Mountain Resort (that sounds about what they would call it) would look like.
Hey, welcome to the imagineer forum! You seem to be extremely attatched to this concept and I hope to see you play it out to the potential that you see! Best of luck! 💙

Mickeynerd17

Hey! I'm mickeynerd17. I am pretty new to the forum in regards to commenting but I've been looking at them for about 3-4 years now. I am definetly new to this section.

My obsessions: I absolutely love Disney parks and EPCOT Center. I've been going to WDW since 2005 when I was 2 and Epcot was always my favorite park because of the original Test Track, but I didn't Really get excited about it untill much later.
How did I really get into Epcot? Well, when I was 12, I was getting ready for an annual trip back to the World and I wanted to refresh my memory on Epcot facts. I got myself a book called the Hidden Magic of WDW (I think). It had neat little facts about each park in it. At the back of each park section, it had a timeline of the parks history featuring opening-day attractions and such. I flipped to the Epcot timeline, and noticed some names I'd never really heard about, names like Horizons and Communicore. I got a little curious and decided to look them up on Google (I had recently got a phone and quick access to a search engine).
My thoughts first looking at Horizons pictures were a mix of awe, fascination, and excitement to name a few. I couldn't believe WDI had created such perfectly crafted scenes and rides. And I had previously thought Test Track was an opening-day ride🤣 .
That one day changed me forever. I am now a proud EPCOT Center fan and always striving to learn more. I also figured out that the best career for me was to be an Imagineer. I work towards that goal every single day.

My other obsession is Minecraft. I know, it's probably very cringy (at least it's not Fortnite), but it's quite fun and has been in my life for probably 6+ years. I have always built rides in Minecraft from the very first time I figured out how to use minecarts and rails. I built some amusement parks here and there, with one getting over a million combined downloads over four versions. Eventually, my Epcot obsession leaked into Minecraft as I kept looking for worlds that featured Epcot, with no luck at all. After years of searching, I decided the only way I was going to see an 80's Epcot Center in Minecraft was to build it myself. I've spent 3 years doing some armchair imagineering, combining ideas from old 70's concepts, planning, and construction making The Epcot map for Minecraft.
This map has had 8 versions with the first two being my own design. I even designed my own pavilions for the game's Nether and End regions. Versions 3-8 have been a slow transformation into a more accurate representation of the real-life EPCOT Center of the 80's. I still like to think of what the future Epcot could look like.

Sorry if this is long-winded. I like to talk🤣
Can't wait to have some fun on here!

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey! I'm mickeynerd17. I am pretty new to the forum in regards to commenting but I've been looking at them for about 3-4 years now. I am definetly new to this section.

My obsessions: I absolutely love Disney parks and EPCOT Center. I've been going to WDW since 2005 when I was 2 and Epcot was always my favorite park because of the original Test Track, but I didn't Really get excited about it untill much later.
How did I really get into Epcot? Well, when I was 12, I was getting ready for an annual trip back to the World and I wanted to refresh my memory on Epcot facts. I got myself a book called the Hidden Magic of WDW (I think). It had neat little facts about each park in it. At the back of each park section, it had a timeline of the parks history featuring opening-day attractions and such. I flipped to the Epcot timeline, and noticed some names I'd never really heard about, names like Horizons and Communicore. I got a little curious and decided to look them up on Google (I had recently got a phone and quick access to a search engine).
My thoughts first looking at Horizons pictures were a mix of awe, fascination, and excitement to name a few. I couldn't believe WDI had created such perfectly crafted scenes and rides. And I had previously thought Test Track was an opening-day ride🤣 .
That one day changed me forever. I am now a proud EPCOT Center fan and always striving to learn more. I also figured out that the best career for me was to be an Imagineer. I work towards that goal every single day.

My other obsession is Minecraft. I know, it's probably very cringy (at least it's not Fortnite), but it's quite fun and has been in my life for probably 6+ years. I have always built rides in Minecraft from the very first time I figured out how to use minecarts and rails. I built some amusement parks here and there, with one getting over a million combined downloads over four versions. Eventually, my Epcot obsession leaked into Minecraft as I kept looking for worlds that featured Epcot, with no luck at all. After years of searching, I decided the only way I was going to see an 80's Epcot Center in Minecraft was to build it myself. I've spent 3 years doing some armchair imagineering, combining ideas from old 70's concepts, planning, and construction making The Epcot map for Minecraft.
This map has had 8 versions with the first two being my own design. I even designed my own pavilions for the game's Nether and End regions. Versions 3-8 have been a slow transformation into a more accurate representation of the real-life EPCOT Center of the 80's. I still like to think of what the future Epcot could look like.

Welcome!

Tux

Hello! Nice to meet you. Sometimes it's just nice to watch the discussions from afar and just enjoy them for what it's worth. Do you have a certain part of the forums you like the most?

Did you have a personal favorite segment of the original test track that you would love to ride through? Sometimes you don't appreciate the attractions there until you're older, and then you realize how much you exactly love them. Do you have a personal favorite fact from the EPCOT that you find most interesting? Oh wow! I'm glad to hear about your passion for EPCOT. I can see how one may mistaken Test Track for an opening attraction, especially without prior knowledge. I had approximately the same reaction to Horizons as well, and it's amazing how much effort went into creating it. Best of luck with becoming an Imagineer! I hope you reach your goal!

It's perfectly fine to love Minecraft! It's not cringy at all, don't worry about it! I'm pretty sure most people in this day and age love Minecraft, it just happened to go into the pop culture cycle where popular things become unpopular, but then become popular again. Do you have a personal favorite original ride you made in Minecraft? Those download numbers are extremely impressive! Are you planning on making posts on the EPCOT map on this forum? Because if so, I would enjoy to read about it!

It's fine perfectly fine due. It's nice to hear people talk about themselves.
See you around!

Disney Dad 3000

Welcome to the forum!

If you became a fan of Horizons after the fact you should check this out if you haven't already that retrowdw released last week. . There's a 3d version too

Mickeynerd17

Hello! Nice to meet you. Sometimes it's just nice to watch the discussions from afar and just enjoy them for what it's worth. Do you have a certain part of the forums you like the most?

Did you have a personal favorite segment of the original test track that you would love to ride through? Sometimes you don't appreciate the attractions there until you're older, and then you realize how much you exactly love them. Do you have a personal favorite fact from the EPCOT that you find most interesting? Oh wow! I'm glad to hear about your passion for EPCOT. I can see how one may mistaken Test Track for an opening attraction, especially without prior knowledge. I had approximately the same reaction to Horizons as well, and it's amazing how much effort went into creating it. Best of luck with becoming an Imagineer! I hope you reach your goal!

It's perfectly fine to love Minecraft! It's not cringy at all, don't worry about it! I'm pretty sure most people in this day and age love Minecraft, it just happened to go into the pop culture cycle where popular things become unpopular, but then become popular again. Do you have a personal favorite original ride you made in Minecraft? Those download numbers are extremely impressive! Are you planning on making posts on the EPCOT map on this forum? Because if so, I would enjoy to read about it!

It's fine perfectly fine due. It's nice to hear people talk about themselves.
See you around!
Thanks! I actually did post the map on the forums, not the Imagineer page, a couple months ago. Here's a link to it: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/posts/9006208

DashHaber

Hey there, everyone! I saw the forums here, and thought I'd love to join in.

I really adore the hard work that goes into the Disney theme parks, all the little details and ingenious ride designs that they cook up for their attractions. Universal has some good stuff, too, but Disney's team of imagineers have made some real magic over the years. For me, I like that, and I enjoy thinking up ideas for Disney attractions.

So, I stumbled across this forum, and thought it seemed like a good place to join!

Voxel

President of Progress City

I really adore the hard work that goes into the Disney theme parks, all the little details and ingenious ride designs that they cook up for their attractions. Universal has some good stuff, too, but Disney's team of imagineers have made some real magic over the years. For me, I like that, and I enjoy thinking up ideas for Disney attractions.

So, I stumbled across this forum, and thought it seemed like a good place to join!
Welcome!!!!!

Tux

Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom