New Imagineer Introduction Thread

James G.

That's kinda awesome!
Thanks! It's my first (and so far only) ink. @D Hindley created it as he did his amazing artwork of the park. I mentioned to him that in the center of the park is a massive compass rose and he used that as his inspiration for the logo. This was my original logo that I used for the competition I created Americana 1900 for:
Americana Main Logo.jpg

It shows the Americana County Courthouse (which contains Administration offices and a dark horror ride in the basement called "The Crypt of Fire," and the Courthouse is framed by the Americana Wonder Wheel (which looks a lot like the original Ferris wheel from the Chicago World's Fair of 1893!).

I don't know which I like better. Maybe I'll get this on the other arm!

BlakeW39

Hey :) I'm Blake, and I joined the magic about a year ago but became active more recently.

Walt Disney World has been my favorite place to be from the time I was young, and as I've grown up, I've never lost my favor for it.

From all of Disney, though, my favorite park is Disney's Animal Kingdom. I love how immersive it is, and as a nature lover who thinks that as we shift to such an urban population, we lose touch with that nature, Disney's Animal Kingdom plays a good role. Knowing that Walt himself loved nature and wildlife, and wanted tk incorporate that (Kilimanjaro Safaris) in his parks, It is fitting that it is one of our four gates. I think it is incredibly well done.

My favorite rides of WDW are Splash Mountain and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Splash Mountain is fantastic - not only does it tell a story in a great way, but is immersive in a cool environment and has great music and and some fun thrills! Kilimanjaro Safaris is great because it is so immersive into various east African ecosystems and habitats, taking you on a great journey into the African wilderness to observe wild species in their natural habitatsm it spreads knowledge and awareness. Kilimanjaro is my #1 ;)

My favorite Disney film is the Lion King, and it is also easily one of my favorite films of all time. I like Imagineering because it provides the chance to visualize a magical future for Disney Parks ;)

TJJohn12

Hey everybody! I'm John.

I've been a Disney geek for a long time. I tend to get really interested in the history of the parks and their evolution - it dovetails with my profession as a public historian. So I nerd out over places and things that have a deep history - real or imagined.

I'm also a LEGO fan, and have been letting my two geekdoms collide for a while now. You can see many of my Disney LEGO models over on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tjjohn12/albums/72157652276484853

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hey everybody! I'm John.

I've been a Disney geek for a long time. I tend to get really interested in the history of the parks and their evolution - it dovetails with my profession as a public historian. So I nerd out over places and things that have a deep history - real or imagined.

I'm also a LEGO fan, and have been letting my two geekdoms collide for a while now. You can see many of my Disney LEGO models over on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tjjohn12/albums/72157652276484853
Welcome!!! Love the legos they're so cool!

TwilightZone

Hey everybody! I'm John.

Man I wish I had that much lego skill. Tried a dinosaur when I was 7 and gave up after that lol.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone, your local Happy Haunt here, just found this section of the forums and thought it be a good place to share some of my ideas. Cheers!
Welcome!

If you want to get involved in a game, the One Sentence Competition is going on right now! There's no eliminations and people can join in whenever, so it is great for people wanting to try something new. Plus, all you need to do to play is write 1-3 sentences, so it doesn't take up a lot of time.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...season-4-episode-4.948441/page-6#post-8418558

Beyond that, there's a couple brainstorming threads you can find and you are always welcome to start your own! Or just start a thread to share your own ideas rather than any brainstorming!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom