News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

mickEblu

All I know is that with no Splash Mountain and no Haunted Mansion- I have no reason to visit in 2024 now.

Maybe if they bring back the original Fantasmic soundtrack in it's entirety- reverting all show segments back to their original iterations (albeit with the newer effects).

Yeah no Splash Mountain and no HM is rough.

Has Disney announced that Mansion will be closed until July? I don’t see why it would have to be closed for nearly 7 months when they re pretty much just working on the outdoor queue. I wonder if this means they re doing something significant to the indoor queue aside from the disability access.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It will 100% impact how that area feels.
Didn't say it wouldn't....I did state that it will reduce traffic....I just don't think it will make the area completely lifeless, just have a different dynamic.

Forgot to mention there's also Harbour Galley which attracts people at mealtimes, and Pelican Landing which people use for both that and Tiana overflow and a place to rest.

PiratesMansion

I don't doubt that some of you are hearing these things from reliable sources, but it seems a little quick to assume (IMO) that regular HM is down all of next year and the river is totally boatless based only on the hearsay of a few people.

Consumer

I don't doubt that some of you are hearing these things from reliable sources, but it seems a little quick to assume (IMO) that regular HM is down all of next year and the river is totally boatless based only on the hearsay of a few people.
images.jpg

Disney Analyst

Yeah no Splash Mountain and no HM is rough.

Has Disney announced that Mansion will be closed until July? I don’t see why it would have to be closed for nearly 7 months when they re pretty much just working on the outdoor queue. I wonder if this means they re doing something significant to the indoor queue aside from the disability access.

Of course nothing confirmed, but I had heard a lot of it is due to the exit with the store being built, and installing the elevator.

As well, I think all the queue would pretty much be gone while it’s being expanded / redone.

mickEblu

Of course nothing confirmed, but I had heard a lot of it is due to the exit with the store being built, and installing the elevator.

As well, I think all the queue would pretty much be gone while it’s being expanded / redone.

The front lawn is probably staying the same. They could have the line snaking along the ROA and then have someone directing traffic to cross the main path and through the HM gate directly into the Mansion. I wonder if it has to do with the ride not being available for some disabled guests so they just shut it down for everyone. If the rumors are true that is.

mickEblu

The exit being blocked off makes the most sense. The store is also unnecessary and not worth shutting the Mansion down for 7 months. Especially with Splash down.

JediMasterMatt

While I haven't asked any friends for the particulars on the rumored closure, I do want to point out that Mansion typically gets minimal TLC at DL because of the biannual makeovers. I am aware that there is a long list of mechanical items that stack up each year that they attempt to do in those normal closure windows; but, the priority is the makeover. Getting a multi-month closure would likely do the attraction some good. It's certainly due for one.

Animaniac93-98

Are they going to do something about Pirate's queue? It's much more of a crowd flow issue IMO, with it constantly spilling out in multiple directions and making it difficult to get around NOS.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Disneyland Calendar, Haunted Mansion will be closed beginning January 22, 2024. Disneyland Resort has not shared any other information.

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.38.20 PM.png

Purduevian

im looking forward to a haunted mansion exit gift shop, def an upgrade imo, as well as the new que. Hopefully they do the same in MK because the que over there is atrocious imo
I'm assuming they will wait until the "beyond big thunder" gets greenlit to redo the line at MK. The "villians land" blue sky would have sat right behind HM.

yensidtlaw1969

As it currently stands, it is planned that the DL Mansion will not run the traditional show at all in 2024.

The Holiday decor on the exterior will come down in January to clear the way for the construction in the queue area, but many of the interior HMH elements will remain in place while the work is ongoing. Aside from some of those pieces being refurbed on an as-needed basis. The exterior decor will go back up shortly before the ride reopens as the Holiday. I've heard that'll be in July, but I assume construction could change that - I wouldn't expect it any earlier, though.

The Haunted Mansion got a big, thorough, and MUCH needed refurb during DL's Pandemic closure. So the ride itself is much less in dire straights on that front. But the Holiday does take its toll on the facility, since they typically want to keep downtime to an absolute minimum. They also know that losing the classic Mansion for a full year will not be popular, so it isn't being done lightly.

I've heard that *something* is being added to the ride during the closure that will be a permanent part of the traditional show but will debut with the Holiday reopening - hoping to hear more about what soon. And before anyone asks, it's not the Bat, who should be coming back, perhaps even before the January closure. There's a funny story with him but I'm not sure I can share it yet.

All this to say, weird times, but hopefully there's good stuff on the horizon that'll be worth the wait.

DavidDL

Excited for the Mansion grounds expansion. -and as much as I absolutely love classic Mansion, the Holiday overlay is my favorite attraction of all time so.. I'll survive. 🤷‍♂️

... I've heard that *something* is being added to the ride during the closure that will be a permanent part of the traditional show but will debut with the Holiday reopening - hoping to hear more about what soon. And before anyone asks, it's not the Bat, who should be coming back, perhaps even before the January closure. There's a funny story with him but I'm not sure I can share it yet. ...

I'd love to see an entirely re-worked/re-themed loading area for classic Mansion. I know that's unlikely and the "boundless realm" is classic. But I'd love to see that area become a little less "vague" and turn into something similar to Phantom Manor's (sans bride) to do away with all the black, un-themed walls scattered throughout. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:

Squishy

As it currently stands, it is planned that the DL Mansion will not run the traditional show at all in 2024.

The Holiday decor on the exterior will come down in January to clear the way for the construction in the queue area, but many of the interior HMH elements will remain in place while the work is ongoing. Aside from some of those pieces being refurbed on an as-needed basis. The exterior decor will go back up shortly before the ride reopens as the Holiday. I've heard that'll be in July, but I assume construction could change that - I wouldn't expect it any earlier, though.

The Haunted Mansion got a big, thorough, and MUCH needed refurb during DL's Pandemic closure. So the ride itself is much less in dire straights on that front. But the Holiday does take its toll on the facility, since they typically want to keep downtime to an absolute minimum. They also know that losing the classic Mansion for a full year will not be popular, so it isn't being done lightly.

I've heard that *something* is being added to the ride during the closure that will be a permanent part of the traditional show but will debut with the Holiday reopening - hoping to hear more about what soon. And before anyone asks, it's not the Bat, who should be coming back, perhaps even before the January closure. There's a funny story with him but I'm not sure I can share it yet.

All this to say, weird times, but hopefully there's good stuff on the horizon that'll be worth the wait.
Mickey Views also said more things will be coming to the mansion

Vclguy90

I'm so not excited for this. Disney has been stripping it's parks of its unique identities that we all admired em for and I'm kinda worried they are about to do the same with the classic HM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom